Adult Comics Forum

Now suppose I started making a Hentai Dating Game/Sim/Etc...
kennatsu at 3:46AM, June 29, 2007
(offline)
Now, just suppose I reinstalled Klik And Play and started relearning and experimenting with it again (something I had fun with long long ago). Let's say I started writing the story for the game, the choice trees, scenes, character stories, etc… for this thing. Say I plan for the game to give the player to be a male or female, and I gave them several characters that they can try to “chase” during the game so they get an H scene with them at the end (or before the end, or even early depending on the character).

Just a few questions…

1. What sort of characters would a male/female player want to “chase”?
2. Should it be easy to get through the game, or should a lot of the choices be vague and such?
3. Would I get in trouble for using screenshots from another game (The Sims 2) for my backgrounds?
4. Which specific Drunkduck comic characters would you want to “chase” in the game (assuming I got permission to use them).
5. Would a password based save system be annoying? (it's the only choice I have)
6. Should it have voice acting?
7. Should I get someone else to handle the character graphics and scenes?

OH, and incidentally… I AM working on something, but I'm not going to promise anything… well, except that Dia the Maid will be very hard to get. :)
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:27AM
MOrgan at 5:14AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
1. Presumably in addition to sex of the player you could have a sexual preference setting Male/Female/Both

2. Too easy -)

5. Sounds annoying, but if it's the only choice…

6. If you can get people to do it.

7. See 6. ;-) Actually it depends on the amount of work required & if you think you can't do the work. Professional animators used to draw the main animated poses, then have ‘in-betweeners’ who would draw the scenes between those two points.

A good resource for animation in general is “Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life”. Heck it's a good resource even if you don't do animation. I learned quite a few things from it. If you can't afford it see if your local library has a copy.
M.Organ Art - Adults Only! cartoons
M.Organ Extras - Adults Only! extras
kennatsu at 11:27PM, June 29, 2007
(offline)
I don't plan on using animated scenes. Instead I want to use static scenes and static characters, with a pose for each emotion they have. I don't know how much animation KnP can actually handle…

I'll have a sample graphic done soon. It's not the actual game, but what it might look like when it's done (not set in stone, though)… :)
lothar at 7:27PM, July 2, 2007
(offline)
that sounds pretty cool ,there are not enuf X rated games out there !
i wouldn't go with voice actors though , it would be better if you can just imagine the voices in your head !
Kohdok at 11:41PM, July 2, 2007
(online)
I have a wicked idea:

“Tentacle Monster, the RPG”

The idea is you play a tentacle monster and you have to somehow lure in your next victims…
kennatsu at 3:06AM, July 3, 2007
(offline)
Kohdok
I have a wicked idea:

“Tentacle Monster, the RPG”

The idea is you play a tentacle monster and you have to somehow lure in your next victims…

er… I'm not making that kind of game. It's basically a dating sim (like done in Japan) with choices to make and a few minigames to play, with the H scenes peppered around (for some characters it'll happen sooner, for others it's at the very end when you “win” their heart.
Kohdok at 1:09PM, July 3, 2007
(online)
kennatsu
er… I'm not making that kind of game. It's basically a dating sim (like done in Japan) with choices to make and a few minigames to play, with the H scenes peppered around (for some characters it'll happen sooner, for others it's at the very end when you “win” their heart.

Gotcha. So it's a bit more like the original To Heart? And you're the first English speaker I've seen who used “H” to represent “Ecchi”.

As for types to chase, you need to present a variety so that each player can choose. The typical selections are: Normal girl (Like Akari, might also be playable), Cute girl, Sporty girl, Rich girl, and sexy girl (For “h” fans). You sometimes also see Nerdy girl, Shy girl, and Strange girl. These can apply to boys as well.
kennatsu at 2:29PM, July 3, 2007
(offline)
hehe… actually I'm getting the hang of Klik n Play again. I plan on a story involving 3 guys and 3 girls to chase (could be more later on), with the player choosing his/her sex. The story I have now is that the player is looking for work at Pr0nCrest studios, and while they work there they decide on who to chase, what choices to make, etc…

Hehe… and I'll make it so players can chase Dia the maid. (people seem to like her a lot). :)
marine at 7:18AM, July 4, 2007
(offline)
I'm working on something like this for penis, would you want to make one specifically for penis? I got a games page, but all I have to put up is the crappiest pong game ever. I feel like I should put up something REALLY good.
kennatsu at 4:25PM, July 5, 2007
(offline)

Well, here's what it might look like. The graphics still need some work. I have to create and insert the textboxes and stuff. I also have to create the password system for it (though I could just use Klik's native password system instead, but then I'd have to change the gameplay entirely)

I will defintely have “H” endings in the game. However, I might put in hidden characters (provided I get permission from the various artists who own those characters) that will have Non “H” endings with them. :)

None of that is set in stone as of yet, though…
tea_green at 8:51PM, July 7, 2007
(online)
Wow, that looks really cool, Kennatsu-kun! I kinda wanna make one for LM now. So is the player gonna be like and intern or something?
kennatsu at 11:15PM, July 7, 2007
(offline)
tea_green
Wow, that looks really cool, Kennatsu-kun! I kinda wanna make one for LM now. So is the player gonna be like and intern or something?

Pretty much, though the line of work you choose will determine how much each “chasable” person will like you and such. :)
Locoma at 9:38PM, July 12, 2007
(offline)
hehehe, dating sim was the first thing I tried to do when learning flash… I did one using html pages too. You will need help, games are exhausting. Never tried that Klick and Play, I will take a look at it. It was a wise move to create a topic about it ;)

these are my opinions/suggestions:

1.I like M-organ's idea

2.I would do a set of choices that point to different paths, something like 3 or 4 paths each one with a different mood, like humor, horror, etc (but still related to the main story mood). Maybe each one with different chars. I mean, if you're thinking in something long.

3.I don't think so… I guess that depends. If you want to be sure you could take pictures and then apply filters to them, that's perfectly legal. Maybe apply filters to SIMS backgrounds? But they look nice in the preview you posted.

5.uhm… If it's long you need some way to save the game, it would be worst having to play from the beginning each time. I like to take pauses between games.

6.too complicated

7.I wouldn't do it alone, it might be harder than you think, and if you get somebody you can share the satisfaction of having the game done… but again, it depends if you want it to be long. The one that I did in html was easy because it was just pics + text, but it wasn't hentai. A hentai dating sim sounds like you need really nice pics to make it worth the play.

hehe man that sound like a lot of fun, count me as a tester ;)
Locoma at 9:59PM, July 18, 2007
(offline)
heeeeeeeeeey I loved that klik and play, I used it back in 1998, but then I had to format and couln't find it anywhere. It's fun to work with, and you can use animations in FLI/FLC format! (and old format… popular in 1995). Oh now I'm anxious :D
kennatsu at 4:06AM, July 25, 2007
(offline)
It's a fun program. I've had my disc for a long while now. That reminds me though… I should make backup copies since there's only one disc…

Now that I've got a wacom tablet drawing graphics for this game will be easier since there's no pencil to sharpen and no paper to take up space. :)

*yep… just spent a week in California and picked up my tablet there since they don't sell any where I live*

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon