The Kennel

Random Quotes
maritalbliss at 3:02PM, May 27, 2007
(online)
I truly believe that someone has already “said it better” and I am addicted to quotes! Often I will bring you a different quote, what you choose to do with it is up to you. Discuss it, disagree with it, hate it, love it.

Once the first person comments I will begin posting new quotes, probably every other day, unless we get a good discussion going over a particular quote…Until then, I'm just leavin' the same quote there.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
maritalbliss at 3:02PM, May 27, 2007
(online)
# 1

I figured my first quote should be on marriage, since it is kinda' the basis for our entire comic strip.

In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage.
Robert Anderson
gothelin at 6:56PM, May 30, 2007
(offline)
I'd say any marriage more than a day old has grounds for divorce. I'm a bit of a cynic though.

It is a lot easier to look for the bad things than the good though. I don't know why that is - maybe we like being miserable? I actually had an epiphany about this about a year ago. I just decided I was over it. No more focusing on the bad stuff - you deal with it when it happens and then move on. It makes for a much better relationship, that's for sure. Now I'm much more likely to focus on and think about the good stuff. And when you look for it, there's actually a lot more of the good than the bad.

For example - we are both quite sick with a killer flu at the moment. Now, we're talking about the king of the “toilet paper is perfectly cromulent to use as tissues, therefore tissues are a waste of money” attitude. Yesterday, he actually came home with a box of tissues for me because he knows how much I hate his toilet paper theory and he knew I was running low on tissues. Now that is “grounds for marriage”. :)
maritalbliss at 7:44PM, May 30, 2007
(online)
gothelin
I'd say any marriage more than a day old has grounds for divorce. I'm a bit of a cynic though.

It is a lot easier to look for the bad things than the good though. I don't know why that is - maybe we like being miserable? I actually had an epiphany about this about a year ago. I just decided I was over it. No more focusing on the bad stuff - you deal with it when it happens and then move on. It makes for a much better relationship, that's for sure. Now I'm much more likely to focus on and think about the good stuff. And when you look for it, there's actually a lot more of the good than the bad.

For example - we are both quite sick with a killer flu at the moment. Now, we're talking about the king of the “toilet paper is perfectly cromulent to use as tissues, therefore tissues are a waste of money” attitude. Yesterday, he actually came home with a box of tissues for me because he knows how much I hate his toilet paper theory and he knew I was running low on tissues. Now that is “grounds for marriage”. :)

Here Here!
maritalbliss at 11:30PM, June 1, 2007
(online)
Success:

“I'd rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate.”
—-George Burns.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.”
—-Winston Churchill

“We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents.”
—-Eric Hoffer

“We owe a lot to Thomas Edison - if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching television by candlelight.”
—-Milton Berle

“We were born to succeed, not to fail.”
—-Thoreau (I can't stand Thoreau, but it's a good 'un.)
marine at 6:47PM, July 7, 2007
(offline)
When I'm fucked with, generally I try and fuck back a lot harder.

~Matthew Dangerous Bojangles
maritalbliss at 5:09PM, July 8, 2007
(online)
marine
When I'm fucked with, generally I try and fuck back a lot harder.

~Matthew Dangerous Bojangles

You are always quotable Mr. Bojangles.

Dude, I am the same way…I'm supernice until you cross that line, then you better hope Ethan is around…'Cause I black out and he is the only one that can calm my ass down…Well, a taser would probaby get the job done.

(Don't ‘cha just love the word “Fuck?” )

The only quote that comes immediately to mind with “Fuck” in it is:
“Fighting for peace is like fucking for chastity.”

Thanks for contributing to the forum, Marine…How’s the blogging going? I read some of your "How you'd tap that" I laughed so hard I choked on my own spit. You've got a gift with the words.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon