RPGination Official

IMPORTANT VOTING DISCUSSION THINGY!
LIZARD_B1TE at 5:28PM, Aug. 5, 2007
(online)
OK, we must discuss something. Serious time now. Serious faces on.
lol, Top Drawer

ISSUE ONE
Recently, some people have come up with the idea of making all the comics one panel long. Do you agree with the panel by panel idea? Why or why not?

ISSUE TWO
We may have to completely restart the comic. It's been getting kind of confusing and restarting may be a very good idea. Do you think we should restart? Why or why not?

Vote and discuss. I'm just gonna play devil's advocate for a while, so be prepared to defend your position.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
Rainyday2 at 6:03PM, Aug. 5, 2007
(offline)
Yes, I think we should restart the comic. Some characters are still being introduced, while with all these pages we have we should be into the story by now!
As for the “one panel” thing, I like the idea but I don't know where I stand with that. I guess I'm okay either way…

Come read

Kitty!

Pretty please?
DruidJP585 at 8:42AM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
…I hate to restart things, but i agree that we should restart somewhat There are too many orphans in this comic. We should remove the strips that have people that never collided with other characters (unless they are active participants). Like we should remove the demon, the samurai, the mechas, AquaZ90's one page.
We should, however, keep the ‘main party’ that we have now. As well as mustard, natalie, and J.

Should we keep the same setting? If so, we need to define it more. Like exactly was mount carin looks like.

Mount Carin is supposed to be the ‘Religion Capital of the World’. Which in my mind means, every religion in one place, no matter how much they hate each other.
In my opinion, Mount Carin should be a tall and wide mountain. Scattered across the sides of the mountain should be many flat plains in which religions can put their churches, temples, shrines and mosques. On those plains there could also be places for priests, shamans, ministers, etc. to put up residential buildings.
At the base of the mountain I can also envision some towns which set themselves up to take advantage of thoroughfare.
Also, with so many religions, there would definitely be the possibility of wars between them, so the place needs a law enforcement agency.
"If I was given four words to describe myself, Animus cum multiplex animus" - J.
“There are people changing forms. There are people changing sides.
Who is friend now, and who is foe though.”
-J
“This is what its like when worlds collide.”-Powerman
Tantz_Aerine at 10:01AM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
I can understand why those who have come relatively recently into the game would want to restart. However, I think it is unfair to those who have already dished out about four pages to have to go do it all over again. So I would feel really frustrated if I had to restart anything. It's murder as it is to try and keep up with all the projects and comics I have, and to have to redo things I have already done is not appreciated.

I so propose a middle way- those who are still around and have introduced their character, at least, should sit back and wait for the others to make their pages and introduce their characters, but while taking into account the already existing pages of those characters who are already staying in the game. I am willing to forego a couple of pages, but at least the first three must stay, in my opinion.

I don't like the panel by panel updates. I'm totally against them. It will make the story even less coherent and have the effect of Fusion. It is completely going to make the story come apart except if we all sit down and agree to a general storyline. However that will defeat the purpose (and title) of RPGnation. I think we should go ‘page by page’ as we already were.

But maybe we should put some rules on the type of characters participating if we don't want this too zany. *shrugs* up to you.
DruidJP585 at 11:05AM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
…I just feel like we should remove TMO's characters. He has like 7 that haven't really contributed to the story. We should also remove Aqua's chaacters, as they have done almost nothing.
"If I was given four words to describe myself, Animus cum multiplex animus" - J.
-J
strong414bad at 12:42PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
Remove some of the single-page characters if you need to, but I like referencing to them. I don't know why, but i find it pretty funny when you see one page of a character and then see him pop up again 50 pages later. Agreeing to a single storyline is a pretty bad idea, considering I don't want to have to study all of the past strips to figure out what the heck is going on at Death Cults.

I also like how I'm singlehandedly keeping the Extreme Cactus Bastard alive.

As for the single panel idea, that means we can't have seperate storylines going on, like mine and rainyday's. So I'm voting no on that one.
Why hello there.
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 1:39PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
Well, I do have a page that needs to be inked and colored, and restarting or having one panel doesn't really appeal to me at the moment.
i will also like to know you the more
LIZARD_B1TE at 3:44PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
Druid: Strongbad brings up an interesting point of using the "orphans' as gags. Listen to him.

Tantz: What will we do while waiting for the newcomers to catch up?

Strongbad: Screw this, I can't figure out how to disagree with you.

AA: Your avatar is made of pure win.
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 5:20PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
I'm still, since I was but a lad, trying to decide what gender Freddi is.
i will also like to know you the more
DruidJP585 at 6:16PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
Orphans
TMO's:
>The demon: No idea what his powers are. Just that he is going after a blast of pure evil (which couldn't have come from a personification of death because they aren't evil. Thus the beam if it was deflected from the shield was morta's, it would have been one of pure death).
>The samurai and his companion. TMO had plans for these two, I have no idea what they were.
-J
Tantz_Aerine at 11:48PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
LIZARD_B1TE
Tantz: What will we do while waiting for the newcomers to catch up?

It shouldn't take more than one round for them to catch up. That means, one page by them. We usually wait for that long anyway.
Rainyday2 at 7:23AM, Aug. 7, 2007
(offline)
strong414bad
As for the single panel idea, that means we can't have seperate storylines going on, like mine and rainyday's. So I'm voting no on that one.
Yes, that's true. This whole panel thing is beginning to become clear to me. I thought it would be kind of fun, but now I think it would kinda sorta make the story fall apart.

Come read

Kitty!

Pretty please?
DruidJP585 at 7:37AM, Aug. 7, 2007
(online)
Anyways I got two people from my homebase of chaoseed.com to get interested in joining. RaiteLi and someone I like to call Katmonster
-J
LIZARD_B1TE at 5:46AM, Aug. 8, 2007
(online)
Alright, now we vote:

Panel by panel: yay or nay?

Restart: Yay or nay?
strong414bad at 5:58PM, Aug. 8, 2007
(online)
Panel by Panel: Nay.

Restart: Nay.
Why hello there.
DruidJP585 at 7:03AM, Aug. 9, 2007
(online)
Panel By Panel: Yay…but only in addition to the current setup. It would allow those of us who are more active to make pages that don't have to do with the characters of the person currently up in the line up. It would also allow us to do fight scenes more easily. It would also allow us to have more realistic conversations between characters. A bunch of things can be done with panel by panel. IT would also allow people who don't want to commit to the line up to contribute.
>Also, I have already started one such page. See http://www.drunkduck.com/Worlds/html/Pagefla.html. All i need is someone to volunteer to do the next panel (like Tantz. I wonder what Katnip would do in response to cat-form Blaze appearing out of the explosion?) Position wise, Blaze Red is between Steve and Jesse M. Wylson (& Katnip & Zaith).
Restart: Nay
-J
Tantz_Aerine at 3:31PM, Aug. 9, 2007
(online)
Panel by panel: nay

Restart: nay
The mediocre one at 4:32PM, Aug. 9, 2007
(offline)
Panel by panel: Nay, that would only increase confusion.

Restart: Yay. As more characters enter they may feel alienated as they cannot enter many of the activities already in place.
HOWEVER! this is punishing the people that have dutifully stuck with the project, I.e. tantz, lizard, and others. Instead, let them finish their arcs and put the newbies on standy-by

Hope y'all don't mind if I dropped in right there.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
The mediocre one at 4:33PM, Aug. 9, 2007
(offline)
and druid, please stop advertising your comic, once was enough for people to decide whether or not they wanted to.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
LIZARD_B1TE at 9:39AM, Aug. 10, 2007
(online)
Interesting how just last night I was wishing TMO was back so I could ask him how he kept his sanity while running this thing…
The mediocre one at 12:32PM, Aug. 10, 2007
(offline)
Haha! funny how things work like that
so far, only one yay for the one panel, and it would seem that druid has gone ahead and started his own panel by panel, so it seems kinda silly he's voting for it anyways.
And not a single person wholey for restart.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
DruidJP585 at 4:37PM, Aug. 10, 2007
(online)
Meh, if no one joins the panel by panel I created, that would be ok by me. RaiteLi just likes to have pictures to draw that have a purpose. She actually helped me with the character designs.

Anyways, while you're here TMo, could you tell us about that duo on this page? http://www.drunkduck.com/Project_RPGINATION/index.php?p=223124

Also where the demon is heading?
-J
The mediocre one at 8:17PM, Aug. 11, 2007
(offline)
I'll be getting to the demon/monk, as for those two, I never had a coherent idea of what they would do, so just ignore them.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
Rainyday2 at 10:08AM, Aug. 12, 2007
(offline)
Panel by Panel: Nay

Restart: I'm not so sure, but leaning toward yay

Come read

Kitty!

Pretty please?
DruidJP585 at 1:39PM, Aug. 12, 2007
(online)
If we do restart I may make my entry page… somewhat longer.
“In a adjacent, yet considerably colder reality…”
-J
mechanical_lullaby at 8:35AM, Aug. 14, 2007
(online)
I don't think you all should do this panel by panel. That should be left to the author of his/her page.
You may want to start over though with all the new people coming in. I took a few weeks to look this over and it is confusing. It's all over the place and all the settings are different– which is bad because it's supposed to be in one place basically(I contributed to this too which I feel bad about). What you might want to consider however to pull a starving artists and allow to upload more than one page at a time. Not too many though.

DruidJP585 at 5:50PM, Aug. 14, 2007
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
I don't think you all should do this panel by panel. That should be left to the author of his/her page.
I agree
mechanical_lullaby
What you might want to consider however to pull a starving artists and allow to upload more than one page at a time. Not too many though.
And out of order for that matter. Some of us get struck by inspiration (…and bricks. HEY-YO! …its a joke)

mechanical_lullaby
You may want to start over though with all the new people coming in. I took a few weeks to look this over and it is confusing. It's all over the place and all the settings are different– which is bad because it's supposed to be in one place basically(I contributed to this too which I feel bad about).
So what you say is that we need to make a defined setting.
So we need to make a maps. Then we can add landmarks onto them.

For example:
MAP: Area surrounding Mount Carin; Scale: Each unit equals approx ?/? km.
......................MMMMM.......................
.....................MMM^MMM......................
......................MMMMM...........j.........N.
LEGEND:
M Mount Carin
^ Mount Carin Peak
N Natalie's House
D Demon
m monastery
W Alphonese's Workshop
V The zombie infested village (and currently Alison's party)
S Nora Shue's House
s samurai and companion
J Jesse's House
j Druid J (midair)
. Land
~ Water
MAP: Mount Carin; Scale: Each unit equals approx ?/? m.
.......................^.........................
LEGEND:
^ Mount Carin Peak
b base of Mount Carin
D Death Cult Gates
. Land
~ Water
-J
Rainyday2 at 7:22AM, Aug. 15, 2007
(offline)
Good idea! A map would make everything much less confusing!

Come read

Kitty!

Pretty please?
LIZARD_B1TE at 8:22AM, Aug. 15, 2007
(online)
OK, so the tally is…

Panel By Panel

Yay: 1
Nay: 5

Restart

Yay: 3
Nay: 3

So, panel by panel is definately no.

Restart, however has been tied.

Druid, I like those ideas of yours.

OK, so how about this:

We don't restart, but we allow anywhere from one to three pages per turn. Deadlines will be a problem. We need to keep this flowing, but people also need reasonable time to finish. How about everyone gets a week for every turn? Also, does anyone want to volunteer to draw the map?
Tantz_Aerine at 10:38AM, Aug. 17, 2007
(online)
I can draw the map. However, I need everyone to either be very clear on where they want things to be, or you guys let me make a map that fits what we have already, and we stick with it after it gets approved. What do you think?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon