Current storyline

Discussion!
Miruku at 10:43PM, June 21, 2007
(offline)
So…I think I sort of just inadvertently started a battle of the sexes…which is A. hilarious and B. very interesting. I can see both sides, because, well, I know what my characters are thinking, but I'm getting really strong opinions from both the guys and the girls that are completely opposite.

For example: the guys were mostly kinda rooting Jeremiah on…and the girls are all, like, “Eeeeeeeeeew, kick him in the balls, plzkthx.” Mwahaha. (I have to admit, the conflict is making me rather proud of my writing in this part.)

Of course, though I understand both sides and will defend Jeremiah when necessary, I'm much more inclined to defend Emma because I know and like her better, not to say that she is in the right. Now, some stuff will be clarified in the coming pages, but I thought a forum topic would be useful for those of you who would like to vent your frustrations on whichever character you think is crazy. >:D
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
somiso at 3:00PM, June 22, 2007
(offline)
The comments have been really fun to read for the past few pages, and I'm sure with every update -nudge- they'll grow even more interesting.

I've found that from the beginning something about Jeremiah has annoyed me (at first I felt semi-bad for him, yet still he annoyed me), but the past few pages have caused me to dislike him even more.

And when he calls Emma “babe” I was considering finding a way to slowly murder him (however it is that you murder webcomic characters) :3 So if you draw a pretty cliff with a nice view and set it up so he falls off -cough “Gets pushed” cough- I won't complain >D
Miruku at 1:25PM, June 25, 2007
(offline)
somiso
The comments have been really fun to read for the past few pages, and I'm sure with every update -nudge- they'll grow even more interesting.

Especially the ones where people want to hurt me, huh? I like those ones. They're fun!
Yay for controversy! …surprisingly, I'm not really being sarcastic there, either…

somiso
I've found that from the beginning something about Jeremiah has annoyed me (at first I felt semi-bad for him, yet still he annoyed me), but the past few pages have caused me to dislike him even more.

And when he calls Emma “babe” I was considering finding a way to slowly murder him (however it is that you murder webcomic characters) :3 So if you draw a pretty cliff with a nice view and set it up so he falls off -cough “Gets pushed” cough- I won't complain >D

I really find it interesting that it's split about 50/50 with people who hate Jeremiah and people who hate Emma right now. Although, admittedly, the ones that don't like Emma's actions seem significantly more bitter…probably because I've already stepped in to defend her once. I would have stepped in to defend Jeremiah had I felt the need to, though. Hopefully everyone will calm down once it's all settled…and then I can go back to very few comments per page…just like before….mer…

A number of people have suggested Jeremiah's demise. And as much as I would love to never draw him again just because I'm sick of it, unfortunately, I have to keep him alive (though not around, for the most part) for later things. Hopefully the next time I draw him I will be sick of drawing whatever other character is around all the time for a while and finally ready to draw him again.
Dave III at 4:39AM, July 4, 2007
(offline)
As a guy I see little defendable about Jer's actions right now. True, she didn't push him away, which downgrades this from “rape” to “bad decisions all around”, but Jer is making matters worse by forcing this issue here and now (and undressed). He never should have gone into her room uninvited, and he should leave now while everyone's emotions are on full boil.

Better to make a tactical retreat and discuss things at a later time than to push on and end up saying things that can't be unsaid.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon