Blade of Toshubi Questions and Answers

Readers input.
Toshubi at 1:42PM, Feb. 2, 2008
(online)
I value my readers input to Blade of Toshubi. (Good or bad.)
This is the place where my readers can leave in-depth comments or suggestions. I love having the audiance have some influance over the story. I tent to have the comic drawn a couple months or more in advance and I have story plots set up six months in advance so if I use one of your ideas it my not happen right away. (But I be sure to give you credit in the artists comments.)
Ya know that tough material they make the “black box” on airplanes?
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
confusedsoul at 9:52AM, Feb. 4, 2008
(offline)
Having the comic done in advance is a great way of planning, one I never try myself due to time constrictions and sheer laziness. When you ask for suggestions what are you aafter? Is it Art based, character development or plot based? From your post it would seem more plot-orientated.
Toshubi at 1:18AM, Feb. 5, 2008
(online)
confusedsoul
Having the comic done in advance is a great way of planning, one I never try myself due to time constrictions and sheer laziness. When you ask for suggestions what are you aafter? Is it Art based, character development or plot based? From your post it would seem more plot-orientated.
Well… It's not really asking for suggestions. More like offering the audiance a chance to be part of the story. I've always beileved that the best plays are the ones that have a little audiance participation. I went to Phantom of the Opera in Portland, the people who put on that play had actors in the audiance and it added a little something to the play that you don't get from watching it on TV or just seeing it displayed on stage. I hope I'm making sense to you.

But, if you have any suggestions you want to offer, (Weather they be artwork, story, or personal hygene tips.) feel free to throw them out there.
Mutation at 12:46AM, June 6, 2009
(online)
Well, Hmn, not sure what to say. Aside from, I wanna see shading some day, at least on chapter covers or dramatic panels? n.n

Other then that, I'm kinda a blank. Aside from the insatiable urge to run up and hug most of the cast. Lamika included, so long as she's in a state that cannot remove me of my kidneys.

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
Toshubi at 12:51AM, June 9, 2009
(online)
Mutation
Well, Hmn, not sure what to say. Aside from, I wanna see shading some day, at least on chapter covers or dramatic panels? n.n

Other then that, I'm kinda a blank. Aside from the insatiable urge to run up and hug most of the cast. Lamika included, so long as she's in a state that cannot remove me of my kidneys.

Yes, I would agree with you. Splash pages and dramatic frames do deserve some shading to make things stand out.
This isn't the first time this has been brought up. I've just been so shy about my shading that I guess I've never done it. I will try to deliver better shaded pages in the future.
Mutation at 10:53PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
That's okay, a few of my friends also are worried about how their shading is too.
It's probably one of the easier things to learn, compared to faces and hands and such, so don't stress. n.n

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
chaychan at 5:10PM, June 16, 2009
(online)
Hmmm ..well strange as it may sound…the lack of shading is something I enjoy about the comic…o.0….I'm not weird for that right?
Other than things you already do I can't say much needs anything…the story is compelling and keeps throwing things at me that I *heart* ….but rest assured I shall um think of something maybe..?
Phantom thief Yukai strikes!
Mutation at 1:48PM, Jan. 11, 2010
(online)
Sorry this took a moment, there was some crazy stuff at home.

The good stuff you do is that every page is very surprising/exciting, even with just talking. As well, it still comes together quite nicely over a wide span of pages, which is pretty awesome. Your action pages are also better than mine at conveying what's happening, as there was a few times people asked ‘what just happened’ in a page or two of mine.

The stuff that you could do some practice in is backgrounds, one of my favorite things do since I need practice in cars and whatnot, is I look some up in google images, view the large size and get a few sketches done. Or with Setar I'm starting to save pictures of goats, because that's one of the main animals in it.

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
KAM at 5:41AM, Nov. 22, 2011
(online)
Which character(s) do you find easiest to draw and/or write & which are the most difficult?
The KAMics - my cartoons
KAM's Fanart - fanart
KAMics Kast - cast pages
Toshubi at 2:26AM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
KAM wrote:
Which character(s) do you find easiest to draw and/or write
Woah! I had forgotten about this forum. So characters from easiest to hardest to draw are…
Kiki: The little mouse girl who hid under the bakery durring the Koho raid. Such a simple outfit and hairstyle.
Eri: She's just a bigger version of Kiki.
Kei: since her hair is down it can be a little hard to get it looking right.
Kira: Just like Kei but all grown up and plumper in the boob dept.
Betsy: Like Kira only with a longer dress and more milk storage. ;P
Mrs. Bunn: The pregnant rabbit that was murdered at Koho.
Jullia: Kira with a full dress and fancy jewlrey.
Advisor Toh: The “scary shiney glasses” need to look right.
Dr. Tak: Almost like Toh, but without the glasses and has spots.
Toshubi: I draw him so much it isn't that big of a deal anymore. But those poofy pants…
Jessica: The pigtails and her backpack give me headaches from time to time.
Kazuo: His “ripped” monk robes.
Tomo: I'm not very skilled at drawing “fat” characters.
Mesi: I have to keep track of the fact that its her LEFT leg that is missing!
Raool: His outfit is a bit complex, but not as complex as…
Thobold: The plated armor and his big ass sword!
Neko: Her “Akido” style pants can be confusing sometimes.
Reiko: Her chap-style pants prove a challenge as well as those “Wolffang swords”.
Lamika (aka Lady Snowblood): Her bows, those sais, and her dress give me no shortage of trouble!
Tiger soldiers: The armor is rather detailed.
Masato, Noname, Orochi, Hanni, Kanoda, Juta, ect…: Add the “job” mark to their armor, scars,and/or stripe adjustments.
General Kai: His armor is more fancy.
Major Kohi: I have to add the eyes and face to his armor along with his ripped ear and eye patch.
And the MOST difficult character for me to draw in Blade of Toshubi is… (Drum roll!)

Tatyanna: Her fangs, her weapons, her cloak, and of course her “Lovely Vings!” cause my erasers to tremble in fear!

As for writting… I have the below references.
Toshubi: Toshubi is basicly what I would be like if I were thrust into his situation, so its easy for me to relate to him and think like he does. I have the potential to be very mean and violent, butI do my best to keep it in check. (Just ask KAM, he's seen me when I start to loose control of my temper.)
Jessica: Also known as, “The voice of reason” in Toshubi's tortured life. Jessica is that little voice in my head that says, “I know that guy deserves to have his head crushed under your boot, but what about the aftermath that you will have to face?” Shes also based loosely off of my daughter.
Advisor Toh: Everyone has a dark, evil version of themselves that they keep under lock and key. This character lets me let him out without going to prison!
Reiko: She's sort of like how I view the “average woman”. Manipulative and sneaky in her ways to get what she wants/needs. Love isn't in her vocabulary, just mission objectives.
Kei, Kohi, : We've all been bullied at one point or another. That is my basic model for these characters.
Mrs. Bunn: Based off of my mother. She is a woman who knows the power of love and uses that power to do good for her husband and her family. It's too bad these types of women are now exstinct.
Kira: Based off of “todays” woman. They treat the guy that would do anything for them like a girlfriend, and screw the guys that treat them like dirt. I have very little sympathy for them when their boyfriend beats them. (Sometimes I even laugh in their face when they try to whine to me about it like I'm their girlfriend. That's another one of my AdvisorToh moments.)She wants love, but is too stupid to see it when it's right infront of her.
General Kai: Based off of my father. He can be strict and sets very clear boundries. He has a strong morale code and demands respect. He is firm, but fair. (My dad is retired law enforcement.)
Dr. Tak, Kazuo, & Tatyanna: Are all characters based off of the players in the game that this story is based off of. I only have the live people who made these characters to base them off of.
last edited on Feb. 3, 2012 2:33AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon