Al De Baran

Ragnarok Survey!
KristinH at 1:26AM, June 3, 2008
(online)
Hello everyone. For my statistics final, we are to do a project that involves statistics (well, obviously). We were able to choose whatever topic we wanted, and of course I chose Ragnarok! If you would be so kind as to answer my survey questions, that would really help! The more survey samples I get, the better!

1. Gender?
2. What class was your first Ragnarok character? What specific type?
3. Why?
4. What class is your most used Ragnarok character? What specific type?
5. Why?

What I mean by ‘specific type’ is that, for example, if your character is an assassin, is it a crit sin? Dagger sin? Or if you have a priest, is it full support? Stuff like that. And even if you don't play Ragnarok anymore, or haven't played recently, that is totally fine. Answer away!

I'll get my own conclusions from your answers, so be as detailed as you like! Thanks guys!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:25AM
Goofycabal at 2:10AM, June 3, 2008
(online)
1) Gender: Male

2) First Character: Knight.
Type: Well, I never could remember the names of the types, but I was Str maxed with Spear Mastery maxed… Hope that helps.

3) Why: Mostly because when I first started playing RO, one of my friends recommended the character type as a solid fighting-type for a beginner. As I started learning the game a bit more, I found it was a play-style that I really enjoyed too - getting into the middle of hordes of foes and hacking at them up close and personal ^_^

4) Most Used: Same as above :P

5) Why: I got really attached to the fella. I've used other characters and classes on and off, but I've always fallen back on using my Knight. Might not be able to take on everything, but he's got a fair bit of staying power and speed, and that tends to help me get out of danger without having to rely on Fly Wings etc.
Ender517 at 4:56AM, June 3, 2008
(offline)
(Forgive me if my RO related terms are wrong.)

1. Gender:
I'm male.

2. What class was your first Ragnarok character? What specific type
My first class was the thief class and then into an assassin. My assassin was an Omni-'sin.

3. Why?
As for my my decision to be a thief and then assassin was because my brother had told me that they are usually the more agile of fighters, and I really like that type of fighting.

I built my first assassin as an Omni-'sin because I just couldn't see how the class could be useful if it just had agility and luck. I felt that I needed every stat to be near equal to be of any use.

My most used class is the assassin class, and she is an Omni-'sin.

5. Why?
Because, as I said before I really like the agile type of fighting. Daggers and Katar-like weapons are also my weapons of choice.

Again, as I've said before, I don't feel that being just a critical ‘sin or a dagger ’sin is good. I gotta be both.
Itazura at 5:37AM, June 3, 2008
(offline)
Well let's see here…

1. Gender? Male

I would have to say Knight, A two handed sword, agility knight specifically.

3. Why?
Well my friend was an acolyte and needed a tank was part of it, second of all it sounded pretty cool.

Same as before. Even though I like playing around on bards, which are my second favorite… Speed bards.

5. Why?
It was the first actual build I knew partially, other than that it is pretty fun.
dragoonv76 at 6:37AM, June 3, 2008
(online)
1. Gender? Male

2. What class was your first Ragnarok character? What specific type? Agi Knight

3. Why? knight because my bro told me to, he was being merchant. agi because i found it fun looking at my char chip off monster's hp

4. What class is your most used Ragnarok character? What specific type? same or rather agi LK

5. Why? well in pirate servers i founded that agi LKs with parry and many other skills filled in the role of a vit knight, along with berserk a LK could easily get max aspd with right equip and also do quite alot of damage with loads of hp, also these guys made loads of friends >.>
Highwind017 at 11:02AM, June 3, 2008
(online)
i havent played alot of RO right now. soo yeah…

1. Gender? Male
2. What class was your first Ragnarok character? What specific type? Two handed sword Knight if i can remember…
3. Why? I didnt know what the hell i was going for so i just thought to go knight as its just get in their and slash right?
4. What class is your most used Ragnarok character? What specific type? Bow Rouge/Stalker
5. Why? Rogue/Stalker: I just love backstabing and DS'ing people or monsters ^.^
Roland117 at 4:08PM, June 3, 2008
(offline)
1. Gender? Male
2. What class was your first Ragnarok character? What specific type? Uber-agi rogue (rogue with 99 agi and not much else)
3. Why? I made it to help my friends. mainly because Kyrie Eleison + lots of agi = almost invincible to melee monsters
4. What class is your most used Ragnarok character? What specific type? Bard, in dex/agi mode
5. Why? ds spammage and Magic Stringing/Impressive Riffing everyone. not many people kill you when you do songs, and if some one does, they die FAST by everyone else. :D
ROWizard at 12:11AM, June 4, 2008
(offline)
Since you made 189 pages for your comic, I might as well help you out :) though keep in mind I haven't played for ages.

1. Gender?

Male.

Wizard, no specific type really, just something very basic with high INT (obviously) and high DEX.

3. Why?

The magic attacks seemed cool at the time and the class kind of fits my personality.

It was my first character, the Wizard.

5. Why?

It was my first character and I wasn't really as interested in training up extra characters as playing with the first one.
ZeroSennin at 9:56AM, June 4, 2008
(online)
1. Gender?
Male.

2. First Character?
My first character was a Swordsman; initially, I went VIT but then switched to AGI. I specialized in 2-handed swords.

3. Why?
Well, I don't like playing casters all that much to begin with, and at the time I was quite literally very new to RO and didn't know that thieves were good for melee fighting. So I went with it.

4. Preferred class?
I prefer 2-hand AGI Knights most of all.

5. Why?
Really, AGI Knighthood works out well for me. Even though I've gotten to know more classes over time, I prefer that specific type of Knight because it's what I'm most familiar with. And Auto Counter spam + Bowling Bash = WIN. :D
Say what, Bobobo! Say what, say what, Bobobo!
My Comic: Narikiri Rangers!
Raganui at 9:01AM, June 5, 2008
(offline)
1. Gender?
Male

Assassin, agi-katar.

3. Why?
Who needs to deal much damage per attack if you can attack many times per a stronger opponent's 1 and dodge enemy attacks.

Ok, this is where things get multiple answers for me. I have 2 classes I use most.
Assassin (Sin X), agi-katar.

Gunslinger, agi-pistol and chaingun.

5. Why?
See above why for my Sin.

As for the Slinger, well I really liked it when I tried it. Of course, keeping with my sin's idea, I use mostly agility, though there is a good bit of dex for damage. Use of the pistols and chaingun helps with attack speed and keeps them normally locked well in range, though I do tend to kite some if I have to.
Met hats, for when you really need some defense. Also makes good shields.
Schoolsux728 at 10:53AM, June 5, 2008
(online)
1. Gender?
Male

Swordman.

3. Why?
I took a novice test, and that was the result.

Alchemist/Creator.

5. Why?
Back in my high school days. All my friend can ever talk about is alchemist. How they can do this and that. (History stuff)
Interesting enough he was an alchemist in RO too. He taught me many things, and why they are so special. (Before reborn class came in)
Akatzki at 4:34PM, June 5, 2008
(online)
1. Gender?

Male

Assassin pure speeeeeeeed and crit

3. Why?

i like pie
(and fast things)

assassin cross,
on a high rate: godly attack and speed
on a low rate: grimtoother and soul breakerer =)

5. Why?

its godly and i like it /gg
Yasukioh at 11:34PM, June 6, 2008
(offline)
1. Gender?
Male

A battle Acolyte to go Hybrid monk

3. Why?
I wanted a good melee class that wasnt stuck being the “one-hit” guy

Assassin and Gunslinger, a crit sin(in progress) and a pure dex/agi sniper, only used rifles and could hit a bio3 Sniper with lvl 8 Tracking(with my guy below level 50)

5. Why?

Assassin was the only guy to get above first class, besides my (crappy)agi-knight
Gunslinger….he was just awesome, thats all.

(Made the Sage's and Stalker's weapons through editing)
HeeroYui at 12:57PM, June 9, 2008
(online)
I barely play anymore. But I'll post anyways!

1. Gender?
I'm a male.

I played as a Crusader. I was a tank build who can support.

3. Why?

One of the best things I am for almost all RPG's is being a giant supporting wall. It's easy and simply to do. To take hits and make sure other players don't. While that, it is valuably needed. Yet if it comes down to it I can quickly switch my style.

I mostly only play now as a Baby Swordsman. (Not Baby knight, not Baby Crusader.)

5. Why?

I do it mainly for roleplaying wise. After all, it's a Multi Massive Online ROLEPLAYING game. At that, it's fun to see a little swordsman being able to thwop most second class players. My character generally creates a friendly mood around others too. I still use my Crusader(Pally long time ago) because it is the class for me, and it was still my first ever created character.
“How could I give trust, when I can't even trust myself…?”

Vincent Swiftstrike
Subarunyon at 1:48PM, June 11, 2008
(offline)
1. Male
2. Assassin. Katar trying to go critical
3. dodging and not spending lots of money, and the sprites look cool
4. ME priest
5. My friend recommended Full Support Priest, but in the way i wanted to be different and become an ME instead

And Kristin, you may want to post an email address (dont have to be yours) on the comic page / this forum page so some people that dont have an account dont have to sign up (like me), increasing your chances for responses
scadel at 6:50PM, June 12, 2008
(offline)
1. Male
2. H.Wiz, 99int Rest dex build.
3. Friends asked me to play and they needed a wiz for WoE
4. SinX, critical dagger build
5. PVP Pwnage ftw.

bassgs at 3:43PM, June 13, 2008
(offline)
1. male
2. ice/lightning wizard
3. because i just love abusing spells
4. battle priest
5. they are decent buffers, can take care of themselves and also its always fun see people underestimating me
KristinH at 9:57PM, June 16, 2008
(online)
You guys are awesome! I got an A on my final and passed Statistics with a 95%! (Whoo!) I couldn't have done my final without your help, so I really appreciate it! Thank you all!
Yasukioh at 6:07PM, June 17, 2008
(offline)
You're welcome, and congratulations on the A. Wish I had something that easy to do, lol

(Made the Sage's and Stalker's weapons through editing)
Yeneeko at 10:51AM, Sept. 26, 2008
(offline)
Just realizing that you actually made a forum, I think that I have a duty to reply to this! And hope you see it. >_< Lol

1. My first char was Male!
2. My first class that i invested in was a knight! The knight was a hybrid knight, but dealt in claymore/two-hand quicken. Dex/agi/str build. <– thats considered hy brid for some reason, all cuz of the str.
3. Because I wanted a heavy hitter class with good soloing ability. ^_^
4. I love monk's! Monk's make a very good aggresive/support char for both soloing and grouping. They help a lot with healing when you don't have a Priest, though while in the heat of battle can be pretty hard, but im an amazing Monk!
5. Case in point? I love support char's, and being in the fray is fun as well!

^____^

I heart Al De Baran!
>_> 0 >(

Super duper mega ultimate!

BLAM!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Google+