Al De Baran

Ragnarok Online Dreams and Nightmares
KristinH at 1:22AM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
Inspired by the recent Al De Baran 161, have you guys ever had dreams or nightmares based on Ragnarok Online? I'll copy-paste my nightmare that I put in 161's author's notes:

“A few months ago I had a nightmare involving Ragnarok. It was set right at the southern Prontera gates. It was supposed to be daytime, but the sky was filled with stormy clouds and bolts of lightning and rolling thunder, and it was very dark out. I suppose Prontera was preparing for a storm because all of the gates were being closed. I played the part of a male thief with green hair (*shrug* Don't ask me), and just as I began to close the south gate, I noticed a cute little pink-haired merchant girl running from the fields, trying to make it to Prontera in time. She was being chased by two Condors. I yelled at the guards to stop closing the gate to let her in, and waited eagerly for her to pass through into Prontera. The Condor's were quickly gaining on her, and she was panicking as she ran as hard as she could. Though she was running fast, her cart weighed her down and the Condors were quick, and they eventually caught up to the merchant girl. Being Ragnarok Online, I relaxed, expecting her to get pecked on the head and receive 10 damage and get through the gate fine. One Condor clamped it's beak around her legs, the other around her torso, and they LITERALLY ripped her apart. I was screaming in horror as blood and gore showered the scene and the two horrible Condors ripped her to shreds. Her cart continued to move and crashed into the wall nearby. I had looked at the cart for a moment, and when I looked back at the carnage there were only bones and bloodstains left on the grass.

I believe I woke up sobbing.”

I think dreams are fascinating. Tell me yours!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:25AM
HeeroYui at 4:18AM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
I don't dream very much, cause I usually go into the deep sleep state, the one where you can't remember when you dream. I would like to dream though.

All my dreams are screwed up and don't make sense, I mean, I dream about anything, ._.;;

I dreamed about Poke'mon for the love of god, I hadn't thought about that in like one and a half years time when I dreamed of it.

But anyways,

Whenever I dream. For some reason I dream about stuff that's gonna happen. For example. I dreamed about me finding this site. And I didn't remember it. But now I do.

Half the time I dreams about what's going to happen one day almost entirely, but I don't exactly remember it until mid-way through. Then I know what's pretty much gonna happen the entire day.

And oddly enough, I had a dream reading Comic number 161, which I obviously just did 10 minutes ago. Lol.

*Feels like a weird person.*
“How could I give trust, when I can't even trust myself…?”

Vincent Swiftstrike
Lewa at 12:39AM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
I hardly have any dreams at all, and when I do, I can't remember any of my dreams sadly… Most of the time I wake up due to my mom yelling at me to wake up, my brother coming into my room for a game or game system, my alarm, or my dogs barking outside and I immediately forget any dreams. Or if I wake up naturally I might remember the dream, and then I say to myself, “Don't forget that dream,” And then I forget it 5 seconds later. I've tried repeating to myself what happened in the dream, but I've still forgotten them.

I've said before that I've never had dreams about ragnarok online, and i'd really like to - to see what my subconsciousness would make. Even if they were nightmares!

I want to have more and more dreams and be able to remember them, because I can remember that some of the dreams would have been good stories, if only I could remember them.

I can tell you some dreams I've had, I wrote it down… I'm just going to copy pasta what I wrote, and I think this was two years ago…

“when you dream, do you dream of a specific kind of thing? last time i dreamed i drempt(?) that like.. there were these five gate things.. that kinda looked like the transporters in halo 2, only made of stone, and me and some friends (im not realy sure witch friends) were on a quest to go to each one, because of some sorta thing that said if we obtain the four cards which was fire wind water and earth, there would be like, no more war or something. and the transporters sent us to a different world that had a temple of that element, and it was filled with monsters, and in the room with the card, there was a boss monster. so we did that, and then when i dream about going to the wind temple it turned out that it was in this field that was behind this big house that was owned by my grandma. and like.. we couldn't get to the field though, so my grandma said that when she was little she climbed a fence to go play near the teleporter, so we climb the fence and go in. then i dream about we going into someone's backyard(at this point i was holding a map…) and the residence threatened to call the police, and one of my friends puts his staff into the ground and we hear a bang type sound. so we uncover this jewel thing that was on top of every transporter. after hours we uncover the gate and go in. there we happen to meet this girl who was trapped there for thousands of years (how she lived a thousand years, ask my brain) so we defeat that temple, when we go outside she gets all scared cause nothing looks the same and runs back in, so i go back in to get her, and im all like ”you've been trapped here for a thousand years, nothing would look the same!“ or something to that, and then i stop dreaming of that and i dream of we go into the last gate and there are no monsters, but a big room with a stair case ( a huge one) with a pedastool on top. i go up with the cards and when i start to put the cards in their places, the girl for some reason remembers that if we put the cards in place it would summon a monster that would destroy the human race. and then i woke up.

another dream i had, which was a year ago, it was a very short dream. and it happened in my front yard! so me and an old friend were in this world with a bunch of monsters around (see a pattern?) and for some random reason zombies spawn and me and my friend start to kill em, and then in the middle of zombie killing, some girl that resembled a person from elementary school came, kill stealing my zombie and claiming to be the princess, and then i woke up right before she was gonna say her name.”

Also some inappropriate dreams that I won't get into 6-_-

Most of my dreams have to do with monsters, or other worlds probably because I find this world boring and would love for monsters or something to pop out. I wouldn't have to be a “main character” or anything, as long as I get to fight monsters, I'd be happy. Even if I died fighting the first monster.

I also had a recurring dream, back when I was maybe 7 or 8. I think I've had the dream three times in total. What happened was that my family went to Disney Land, and eventually I got lost from the rest of my family. So I was walking around and saw this giant building that for some reason contained plants. As I was walking past it, it came alive and started sucking people in it's door. The building resembled an angry face at this point, btw. So I ran away, and wound up in a maze made of bushes, and then I found my brother. That's all I can remember of that dream though.
Pachelbel is everywhere, man! I'm going crazy, man! Oh, man!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

What makes humans separate from animals..?

Our stupidity.
HeeroYui at 7:15PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(online)
o.O

I want your dreams. Rawr. Mine make no sense of what I can remember. Except VERY VERY few. On rare occasions.

Which it's like a rare occasion that I even remember a dream. I think I dream around once every two months at the earliest. And all those dreams make no sense. They are just random things. Except for one. Which I was playing Super Mario World once again. Perfectly normal, except when I got to bowsers castle. Lightning looked super better. Lol. And when I was fighting bowser too. He was like the size of the screen. And I kept dying on him. >..<

Was so glad when I finally was able to move it and goto the bathroom. D:

Vincent Swiftstrike
Lewa at 2:43AM, Sept. 17, 2007
(offline)
Ever think it was just a leg cramp? Sometimes when I sleep it happens(hasn't happened this year yet) But when I do get one I usually wake up immediately and fall of my bed cursing to myself…. When the happens it's best to try and stand on the leg.

Also, I like purposely giving myself leg cramps..I just point my foot down as hard as I can and it will happen.

Now that I think about it… I should probably clear the floor next to my bed, you know, just in case.

Our stupidity.
HeeroYui at 10:58AM, Sept. 17, 2007
(online)
Leg cramps don't exactly FEEL like your leg is bleeding. Or that you feel the blood coming out of it. That your leg feels like it has a loss of blood. And if it did. I would know.

Because when I TRIED to walk. It made no difference. Except I fell on the ground, or almost did, thank got my bed is a bunkbed that's short enough for me to hold onto back then. It just hurt so much I couldn't concentrate to stand. =x

Vincent Swiftstrike
Lewa at 4:16PM, Sept. 23, 2007
(offline)
Lol, last night I had a dream of RO… It's kinda stupid though.

I made my own private server, and within a couple hours the player count was already over 200 or something. I was also the only GM. I went around talking to people and stuff. Then I realized I needed more GMs so I sat in Payon with a chat open that read “N> GMs that know eAthena.” This one dude came in, but he talked about something completely random, not at all of GMship. And then I woke up…

Our stupidity.
HeeroYui at 7:36PM, Sept. 23, 2007
(online)
Wow.

That must have been dreaming of ALOT of random players. o_o

Vincent Swiftstrike
Lewa at 4:37PM, Sept. 25, 2007
(offline)
I also remember in my dream that there was the best thing ever in Prontera… merchants! hun– dozens of them!!

Man, I really don't understand why private servers don't allow merchants on the streets of Prontera… and if they do, they're confined to the side streets. It's so sad TT_TT

Our stupidity.
HeeroYui at 7:33PM, Sept. 25, 2007
(online)
Because people can't see and it's hard to walk.

Also makes looking for shops harder when you have to turn you camera every which direction to click on a dang shop, and I usually click the same shop 3~5 times looking for a new shop cause I can't remember what ones I clicked.

Vincent Swiftstrike
Lewa at 9:18PM, Sept. 25, 2007
(offline)
psch, wimpy reasons.

Click once and hold the button to continuous walk.

zoom in, everyone forgets what shops they have gone into.

anyway, going off topic…

Our stupidity.
HeeroYui at 4:35AM, Sept. 26, 2007
(online)
I'd like to see where I am. >.>

Anyways, I still haven't had a dream yet. At least that I remember.

Vincent Swiftstrike
Lewa at 3:35PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(offline)
Fsk! I had another dream recently, and I rememberd it! Until I started playing RO… Then I forgot all about it…

Our stupidity.
HeeroYui at 7:04PM, Oct. 22, 2007
(online)
I had a dream too. D:

Vincent Swiftstrike
KristinH at 12:30AM, Jan. 27, 2008
(online)
Ooh, got another one. Not as violent as my Condor nightmare, but if the dream had continued, it definitely would have been.

My old guildsmen and I were in a dungeon (probably Geffen or Glast Heim), and we were being obnoxious by attacking Hunter Flies and then running away from them as they angrily chased after us. We did this to every Hunter Fly we came across, so naturally their numbers grew to be overwhelming and we barely managed to get out of the dungeon alive. But just as we thought we were safe, all of the other monsters in the world had caught wind of what we were doing, so they all waged war on humankind. Every single monster, even the ones that were previously non-aggressive, sought to kill.

The sky turned red. It as a Ragnarok riot, and Rune-Midgard was thrown into a hellish chaos, and our group was to blame.

On a side note, I tend to be a butthead a lot in my dreams. I wonder why?
Ender517 at 4:46AM, Jan. 28, 2008
(offline)
Lol, war over terrorizing some bugs? Freaking awesome.

I had a dream.. and I woke up a few minutes ago so I remember it. Unfortunatly it wasn't about RO…. and it was stupid.

Me and my brother were apparently ghost hunters or something, and we had a world map that showed us ghosts' names and where they were. The dream started at our house(Though it wasn't our house in the dream) and we were investigating around, and I remember that there was this old cabinate that I touched. Then I started seeing cat's all over the place, but my brother couldn't. So I come to the conclusion that you could only see the ghosts if you touch the cabinate, but my brother didn't believe me, and refused to touch it. We then continued to have a verbal fight. (I should have also mentioned that his Nissan 240sx was there with it's hood open, though it opened the reverse way) I eventually get frustrated enough to throw the cabinate into the open hood of his car, and then, out of fear of what he might do, ran to what would be my room, closed the door, and sat so he couldn't open it. What was weird is that there was some kind of paradox there. I was in my room, but I had my feet on the wall OUTSIDE of my room to reinforce myself. My brother eventually came in and yelled some stuff that I was being stupid and I got the idea of touching things to see things from some stupid anime show. I said, “Where?” But I didn't think it was loud enough for him to hear, so I said it louder. Still didn't think it was loud enough, so I said it again, even louder, and then I woke up. Because I actually said “Where” two or three times.

Also, I forgot to mention, if anyone formed the question in any form
, the ghost's name was Tsubaki.
Also, Kristin, maybe it's because you want to be a butthead in real life?
HeeroYui at 12:19PM, Jan. 31, 2008
(online)
I hadn't had any good dreams. I had some, but I can't really remember any good.

I remember one a year and a half or so ago, I was actually in the Rag world, doing WoE.

I found hidden castles.

Mind you, despite I was in the rag world, I could see everything like the actual game if I wanted to, or go in first person, which was a little odd really.

And everyone looked a little 3D. For example, they looked the same, but there was no sprites. They actually walked and blah blah like real people.

As for Kristen's dream. Maybe that's what Ragnarok is suppose to be?

Were even the plants attacking btw? And mushrooms? Cause they hurt when they summon from a DB.

Such a high attack speed to crash people… ouch… >.<

As for Lewa's/Ender's dream. (I dunno what you prefer) When I lived in a house beside my grandmother. It was actually hauntted. Though really the only experince I had was the toilet flushing alot. Or you hear the toilet flush, and it didn't actually flush. Which was scary when you was in the bathroom at night by the way…

The other experince was I had a COMPLETELY diffrent emotion when alone in a room. Didn't matter if someone was on the same floor, outside the door. I felt completely scared out of my mind. Dunno how to explain it.

Now, only about a year ago. (I forget if I said this.) But my mom got a text message on her cellphone from a friend of hers, that she knew was dead. And when she tried to text back, and call back. The phone was completely un-available. Didn't exsist, and it was her old number.

How can someone who is dead, text a message to you, their number be completely be un-availbable, as if it never even exsisted before. Tell you a warning of a friend of yours, who was going to die of a kidney transplant – By the way, this was how my moms friend who text'd her died. And tell her that she and some friend will talk to each other at about 10 minutes.

By the way, THAT friend ALSO got a message from the same person, same experince.

Un-explainable much?

Vincent Swiftstrike
Ender517 at 2:46AM, April 17, 2009
(offline)
So, sorry to say this has nothing to do with ragnarok dreams (Though I wish I could have more), but it is sleep related.

Does anyone sleep walk?

Not to long ago I noticed that I'll wake up and do something and go back to sleep. Normally I don't do much, I'll get up, look around, and go back to sleep. But once I got up, walked over to a broken LCD monitor, picked it up, went back to my bed and fiddled around with the ports on the bottom. I don't know what I was looking for, but after I couldn't find it, I set it down and went back to sleep.

I know that wasn't a dream because my monitor was sitting by my bed. (It's supposed to be near my door until I properly dispose of it)

*Waits an entire year till someone glances at the forum and cares to reply*
KristinH at 3:05AM, May 2, 2009
(online)
Can't say that sleep walking is a problem of mine, nor anyone else I know. That would be scary, though, I think. Doing stuff without being aware of it at all.

That's hilarious that you were messing with your monitor in your sleep. Maybe you were trying to fix it?
Ender517 at 8:57PM, May 3, 2009
(offline)
Heh, maybe. There's nothing my subconscious mind can do about it now though, since I recycled it :D

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Google+