Insanity of Xade's Forum

Suggest Forbidden talents here!
Xade at 3:58PM, May 30, 2008
(offline)
I need some forbidden talents to put in the Depostory of Forbidden Talents. (DOFT) Any type of magic or power or effect can be found on Xade. So please use your imagination and help me out. Any that I use will be given credit in a new menu on the page and added to the future wiki that I am working on.
Example 1: First degree healing–heals from any injury whatsoever and remains the same age for eternity. — Mine
Example 2: Killing with a thought aka “thought strike” — BlkKnight's
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:25AM
Character Core at 8:04PM, Aug. 18, 2008
(online)
Only just delved into your comic deep enough to discover this, and I think I have a talent that might qualify.

Breath of Extinction: A dangerous mix of opposite elements, this talent is the endless forced consumption of all matter. Powered by both gravity and void, the talent can only effectively countered by strong gravity magic, making the cure just as risky as the aliment in most circumstances.

The talent is rarely abused, though for a less then comforting reason. Aside from the constant intake of air that comes with the use of this talent, it's name has a second origin: all but the very weakest levels of this talents kill their user due to lack of air when the talent manifest.

And that is it. Not sure how much of that idea is legit, mostly due to now knowing if elements apply to talents and magic or just magic, but it is the idea as it occurred to me so it is how I'm presenting it.

I could probably come up with more if you need it. Cosmologies and magic systems run around in my head like rabid weasels.
Xade at 8:13AM, Nov. 11, 2008
(offline)
interesting idea I'll have to think about it to see if it works into the story and yeah, elements can work in talents, but only to a point. For example, one can control electricity with both a talent and with magic. The talent person would probably control it better, since it is natural while the magic user has to learn the control and could become overloaded if they don't have the willpower to control it.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon