Magic Discussion Forum

Science and magic are very possibly the same thing
Altimas at 7:51AM, Dec. 31, 2007
(offline)
The thing that you all call “magic” is without a doubt science, if you look at things from a logical angle, you would see that with magic, things appear out of thin air, but (logically) that is impossible, unless, “magic” is a form of science that affects the very atoms in your body to allow certain feats, which would let you move things at the speed of light, which is only possible if something was already moving at the speed of light, get it yet? the answer is atoms themselves move at the speed of light, the very same atoms that are “infected” and we all know atoms create EVERYTHING! so what I'm saying is magic does INDEED exist, and it lives in EVERYONE, because everyone has an almost infinite amount of atoms that their have to be a couple, if not ALOT of infected atoms, the way the “magic” appears out of thin air to create things, it's simply your atoms multiplying in your body, then leaving it to form the thing you choose.

So in that…very long…Wow, I wrote that? *shakes head* as I was saying, magic does exist, and is only a very complicated matter of science, logically.

~Altimas
Life and Death are words but, do they really have any meaning…
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:22AM
Flashlight Antics at 12:18AM, Jan. 1, 2008
(online)
Good gods…I think I will enjoy this.

In a way you are right. Magic is a ‘science’. But not in the same respect as Chemistry or Biology…or even Alchemy! No, for even the ‘mythical’ alchemy falls in the term ‘exact’ science. Though no science is, in theory, ‘exact’…there are sciences that have various different knowns and unknowns. Magic (in the form we are referring to) is not exact. It can be manipulated in many different ways and, since it has yet to be proven, is a very chaotic science. Therefore, it is as exact as the person creating/imagining it wants it to be.

I will give a for-instance. In the J.R.R Tolkin books (Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit) magic is more race based, only available to certain bloodlines and races rather then being studied. In the world of the ‘Forgotten Realms’ there is a magic type called ‘wild’ magic. It is sometimes powerful and easy to command but often times produces the opposite, or rather, a weaker effect.

So, in short, magic is to science as Christianity is to religion.

…wow…long time since my last two paragraph rant…
“Vita est tristis tunc vos pereo”
-Latin, literally translated “Life sucks then you die”
Altimas at 6:09AM, Jan. 1, 2008
(offline)
here's some more to add to my first paragraph

Of course even if everyone DOES indeed hold the “tainted atoms” which everyone should, it would be physically impossible to use this so-called ability to form things out of your atoms, why you ask? The answer is what all answers use…Logic, I prove everything with Logic and an even more advance logic known only as “Quantum Physics” the advanced logic stating that everything must exist and must have an answer in the infinite ammount of universes! So now to answer why we can't use the atoms in our body: Simple, to be able to produce objects out of thin air, even with the tainted atoms, you would have to put an electrical charge on said atoms, one that is faster than the atoms themselves, it would be impossible only because that lightning and electricity itself moves at the speed of light, the same speed as the atoms move, so logically, even if we all do possess the atoms, we cannot use it unless we generate an artificial electricity faster than the speed of light, so scientifically “magic” is no more than a complicated biological science *theory*

Now of course, since I'm on the topic of atoms and electricity, I'll add this, Time Travel: If time really does exist, the logic to be able to “travel through time” would work by simply this, if you use the same source of electricty that is naturally in your body's chemical salt, to either slow down (to go back in time) or speed them up (to go forward in time) the ammount of the natural electrical salt it would take to send just one person forward or back in time, would take the ammount of electricity in the Earths population, but even if THAT is possible, that same ammount of electricity would send the person back or forward in time…but they would be dust by then, just think of how much it takes to cremate someone, the heat from the electricity would kill them even before it touches them. So in conclusion, even if time existed in this logical world, it too, would be impossible to harnest.

Now to explain both paragraphs further, answering both with Quantum Physics: In the theory of Quantum Physics, the theory states “In the atoms and subdimmensions that exist in this multiverse, everything must (logically) exist in some form in some place” so what I am saying, is that their is a subuniverse where time exists and so does “magic” if we can somehow find one of these subuniverses (which would be impossible, because we would have to look in EVERY atom in the universe) we would not be able to touch them, because atoms themselves are so miniscular and move faster than the speed of light. So to finish these 3 paragraphs: Magic, Time, and Sub-Universes exist only in childrens dreams.

P.S. So Flantics, is this what you were talking about when you told me about my inner geek? ;)

P.P.S. This came from me, a 14 year old XD

~Altimas
Flashlight Antics at 9:57PM, Jan. 1, 2008
(online)
Yes…that IS an example of your inner geek showing its face!!!

It warms Flantics little heart to see the inner geek show itself in latent youth…brings a tear to my eye, it does!!!
“Vita est tristis tunc vos pereo”
-Latin, literally translated “Life sucks then you die”
Altimas at 5:50PM, Jan. 12, 2008
(offline)
You can't think of a better reply than THAT?!
HugoSIII at 10:54PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(offline)
OK atlimas has a really good point but he is going to strictly point of the Physic if only see of that way then he have many points right so in some way is a little close point of view.
Flashlight Antics also have right some points but still a little vague idea and seeing of a way like everything is possible.

But the first thing and most important thing that you forget to do before start is define the concept of magic and science when are talking because this leaves the idea really extensive making more hard to conclude in something so first that anything when must define Science and Magic because are many ways to see him that maybe have nothing to be.

Example: Magic is all that have something to be with a someone named Juan and Science all of Pedro things.
(I know this really excessive way to put but even the more small things can change totally the answer and that of course that is not Magic or Science)

Other example if I define that the psychic powers are some kind of magic then the magic some kind of science making him some real.

Other example If view the magic of some power of the spirit or soul then when going to have enter in a discussion more philosophy, religion and even existence a talk really dangerous because going to enter in our believes.

Expecting that I be clear and understandable.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon