Crossoverlord Discussion Forum

A Call For Cameos and Sacred McGuffins!
Neilsama at 7:22PM, April 5, 2008
(offline)
Do you have a heroic character? Would you like that character to make a cameo in The Crossoverlord? Would you like us to kiss your butt and link to your comic? Then this is the forum thread FOR YOU!

There are only a few conditions…

1. Your character may be any kind of hero from any genre whether superheroic, sci-fi, sword and sorcery, etc. BUT IT MUST BE A HERO.

2. It must be YOUR CHARACTER. No fan comic characters.

3. Wait… there is no 3. That's pretty much it.

Also, if you comic has an ultimate mythological weapon/sacred item (ala the One Ring, Infinity Guantlet, etc.), we may be interested in using it. We will plug you if we use your special item in the Crossoverlord comic.

Please submit all requests here.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:21AM
newgirlcomic at 8:09AM, April 6, 2008
(online)
NewGirl is up for that! oh… NewGirl's belt which is called ‘The Convenience Belt’ is kind of what your last part is talking about… there is a detailed look at the belt here :http://newgirlcomic.deviantart.com/art/NewGirl-s-Belt-Detailed-55153478 for you to take a closer look if you wish.
sasjhwa at 3:50PM, April 6, 2008
(online)
You are welcome to use Audio Man, Audio Bear Audio Babe and/or Captain Anacortes.
http://www.heroesofaudioland.com
Xade at 4:46PM, April 6, 2008
(offline)
You're welcome to use Alex, post wizardhood, of course. Bear in mind he is family oriented, his 2 daughters are always foremost on his mind as he fights crime, and he thinks of them often when he risks his life. His favorite in danger phrase is “I hope Bunni is old enough to care for Sherry Ann.” They are 16 and 3 years old respectively.

You could also use Alexis's staff, Trainer, which she used in this comic. Trainer is a deeply mystical artifact that shares the mind of his holder and is the soul of an insanely powerful good wizard, called the Protector of Xade. (His birth name is Adam.) He originally planned to trap just his essence but he sneezed mid-spell and it went awry, trapping his soul in the staff. He can banish evil, teach magic, call upon his past form, if it is the right person, can generate an isle of magic, and talk out loud. He is kind and gentle, with a sassy and sadistic streak that shows up when he encounters evil, or just in an ornery mood. Trainer is also over 3000 years old and know a lot about Xadian history, and some of Earth's. Despite the time and the trapping he is cheerful about it; he views it as his mission in life to help the good side.

There is also his counterpart, Extripel, who is the exact opposite but an ebony sword so black that it never reflects anything. However, if you use Extripel you must use Trainer for only they can defeat each other. Currently Extripel is locked up on Atlas Island and I've been trying to think of how an unrevealed villain gets him in the near future. Extripel can be nice and kind if it suits him, just like he was in life. His birth name is Thour. (Pronounced as it it is spelled.) And his title was Destroyer, Extripel is a spin off of the word extirpate.

feel free to pm me if you want more information, ect.
albone at 4:37AM, April 7, 2008
(online)
It'd very cool if used Sabrina for a cameo. She doesn't have a mythtical weapon, but she is a professional wrestler. XD

Check her out at the link in the sig, and feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
Neilsama at 8:25AM, April 7, 2008
(offline)
A female pro wrestler, eh? Well, now THAT is right up Dasien's ally!

I'll PM you guys with information as the guys and I discuss this. In the meantime, keep 'em coming!
VinnieD at 10:48PM, April 15, 2008
(offline)
No doubt I'd love to see Nailbat from AntiBunny get involved. Though he's typically a close to the streets kind of hero he wouldn't let injustice go by if it came to his attention. Not to mention it would be fun to see some of the characters react to a talking rabbit who wields a pair of bats with nails in them.

AntiBunny
Rhenny at 8:27AM, April 17, 2008
(offline)
If you would like to use Kirsten (AtomikGirl) that would be quite fun as well. As the attention mongering diva of a heroine, shes always happy to appear where theres a photo op.

Too bad I got a late start, I would have loved to have worked on this, i love the notuion of a shared universe of supers. Each bringing their own talents to bear, and their personalities all meshed for a common good.

Justice, and a purple latex supersuit..How can you go wrong?
darkdetective at 4:49AM, April 18, 2008
(offline)
You can give Spark a cameo. http://www.sparkthecomic.com
Check out the Spark Animated trailer.

My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com! Check out the trailer here!
Dumok at 7:22AM, April 30, 2008
(online)
Feel free to use warmage, He's about to gain webcomic awareness around June/July so knock yourself out with using him, tengu and lamia and Anyone else.
Xade at 1:33AM, May 10, 2008
(offline)
Then again, it's probably best to use Alexis instead of Alex, last seen comic page 30, I believe, you get a really good shot of her with her robe tattered. and her dragon form was seen in #29. She's a well trained wizard, but if you have her use a weapon it's the same as Trainer but with a turquoise diamond in the flame.
legacyhero at 2:31AM, May 27, 2008
(offline)
If it's not too late…I'd like to offer Seraph for a cameo. She is an Angel on Earth, who inhabits the body of a Brazilian woman (Gabriela Baptiste). She wields a mystic sword surrounded in a blue flame. It is called the “Wrath of God”. The amulet on her head is called the “Eye of God”, another mystic artifact that imparts clairvoyance and the ability to “see evil in all it's forms.”
http://a379.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/l_07d07ef17ae50025b1d8685122d3af32.jpg
PyThomas at 7:16AM, June 3, 2008
(online)
Does a casual time-traveler count as a hero(ine)? Well, I've got a young lady with a time machine if you ever need a time-travel plotline. ;)
Neilsama at 12:23PM, June 3, 2008
(offline)
Hmm, I doubt we'll be doing any time travel, but if we find a purpose, we'll keep you in consideration.
Melnazar at 1:25PM, July 1, 2008
(offline)
While it seems that the character from the Volet aren't suited for this (since it is a fan comic), any of the Evil overlord droids could pass as a cameo (or Doctor Catastrophe or Céline since they are also on the run).

(Yeah, this is Ti-Phil speaking, but I couldn't register that nickname).
Neilsama at 8:20PM, July 3, 2008
(offline)
Yeah, there probably will be some minor cameos from Evil Overlords. I know we have a few more call-backs coming up. I'm not going to say what they are, because that would be a spoiler. But I would almost certainly count on seeing something from Evil Overlords and Crossover Wars.

In fact, I wouldn't mind bringing back a few character who ONLY appeared in Crossover Wars. There's a certain Dio-referencing troll who probably deserves another bit cameo.
Zolem at 10:50AM, Dec. 26, 2008
(offline)
I am curious if you would be willing to accept MacGuffins or superweapons (not necesarily Infinity Gauntlet but more like Thor's hammer in strength) from writen fiction instead of drawn comics? If so, I do have a couple super-weapons and a McGuffin from various works I've writen and hope to get published some-day. I would enjoy seein gthem in a visual format, even if only as a background item.
Dumok at 7:51AM, Dec. 31, 2008
(online)
I would just like to offer up the Eye of Balor from Shadow-Root for the MacGuffins. if you are still interested. And while he is technically not a Hero, I am also offering up Branwen MacBalor, the lead protagonist from Shadow-Root, or Agatha Hotchkiss.
VinnieD at 3:28AM, Jan. 5, 2009
(offline)
Ah, now for some sacred McGuffins. I had to hold back on these because of spoilers but with the most recent update of AntiBunny I can offer this.

U-Cells. They behave much like stem cells, reacting to the genes of whatever they're injected to, grafting to its tissue and growing with the organism integrating into a single life form. The difference is U cells aren't changed By the organism but rather cause the organism to change.

In summary quoted from today's page. “Growth, Life Extension, Rapid Evolution, and intelligence.” Injected into ordinary rabbits it created a new sapient species. That's taking with about the same intellect as a rat and making it human, taking something with a lifespan of 10 years and increasing it to as much as 100. Downside is they're not tested on humans.

AntiBunny
krrack_knut at 10:58PM, Jan. 25, 2009
(offline)
I HAVE a character, but it will be some time before I can find an artist to draw the comic.
Until then, here he is;
Brother #8, last surviving member of the mythical Chinese Ten Brothers.
He is a Geokinetic (manipulates earth) and martial artist, wears a dark-brown suit, looks around thirty-five, and is vulnerable to the same comet dust that seeded him.

Hope he's appropriate!
Sincerely, Kevin Lee
Emrys1987 at 12:26AM, July 11, 2009
(offline)
I have a sword it's called “The sword of the elements” I have some artwork by now just the hilt and part of the sword if you want to use it but it's not from a comic it's from a book so if you want to use it it's ok.
Neilsama at 9:39AM, Aug. 3, 2009
(offline)
I'm sorry guys. As of right now, we won't really have any more need for items from other comics. Regrettably, it appears we spent more time improvising items to appear in the armory than we did using items from other comics.

However, we still have a lot of interest in webcomic cameos, so if we're interested, we'll let you know.
pdr at 7:44AM, Sept. 27, 2009
(offline)
Hi everyone. I found the Crossoverlord through the Jenny Everywhere site and now I've read the whole thing and learned of a lot of other webcomics through the connections. I see just how out of the loop I am as far as webcomics are concerned. Good work to all involved.

Now as much as I would love to have my characters do cameos, I can't really claim to have a readership of more than five people and most of my work isn't even online (what is online is at http://www.bookofpdr.com/comics/). But I was thinking that you could easily get away with some of the old public domain superheroes making appearances. Like Bulletman and Bulletgirl http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Bulletman or the Arrow http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Arrow or any of the dozens more. Keep it in mind.

(and now I post to find out if I did those links correctly or not… apparently I did. Sweet. Easy.)
shastab24 at 3:46PM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
I have a character for whom I am in the beginning stages of drawing the comic that would work in these circumstances:

Tempore
The agent of order for his own multiverse (not this one). Tempore's sole purpose is to bring order and assure that his multiverse stays the way it always should. The only reason for him to ever venture out of his multiverse is if the equivalent or facimile from another universe specifically asked for his help, or if he is pursuing someone or thing that has caused or is causing chaos in his multiverse.

Tempore's powers allow him to travel between realities, heal temporal rifts and to send focused energy attacks of cosmic radiation.

I have other characters I would love to include, as well, but they may not be acceptable. It all depends on whether you see them as fan characters. They were made on the message boards for the comic Pride High. They are fan characters by some standards, but they are encouraged by the comic's creator and we retain full rights to our characters, to do with them as we please. I will include links below, but understand if they are rejected because of the tenuous line they inhabit.

My main characters:
Split
Protean

My lesser-tier characters:
Dragrant
Sea Embers
Phobia
Zhia
Bind
Lash

I would definitely love to see my Pride High characters in an actual comic, even as cameos, especially since the comic script I've been trying to pass around to see who will draw it has been severely held up because I am not able to offer money.

I guess I'll also mention my webcomic Comfortably Numb because, even though it's a terrible comic and not related to superheroes or the supernatural, it might be interesting to see Nova in another comic, and I might get more incentive to go back to it.

And you see in this why I figure I ramble too much.
pdr at 2:51AM, Oct. 10, 2009
(offline)
Say, while my characters are likely to obscure to make cameos, would it be cool if I at least laid claim to the name Thersites for the universe where most of the comics I have online take place? It just feels right to me that it be named after the ugly, dull-witted, cranky guy in the Achaean fleet.
alschroeder at 5:53AM, Oct. 13, 2009
(online)
PDR, by all means—Thersites is yours!—Al
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
alschroeder at 6:10AM, Oct. 13, 2009
(online)
His own …multiverse????
What do you call a group of multiverses, unless you call them an omniverse?
ANYway…looks like an interesting character. However, since he's not in an already-existing comic, I don't think he'd fit in right now, and he sounds so near-omnipotent it'd be hard to include him and maintain any suspense…which is one reason the Spectre doesn't appear often in Justice Society any more.
So…not right now. Maybe later.
Your other characters look interesting too, but they might not quite be right for us yet…
You might check out HEROES UNITE and its associated comics(also at Drunkduck) that often takes totally new characters and incorporates them into their group. We're TRYING, for the most part, to incorporate already-existing characters with a proven track record in this comic—not criticizing HU, there are virtues in both approaches, but that's what we're striving for right now.
Besides, the CROSSOVERLORD has a finite timespan and a definite end in mind. Some of us ARE going to work on a sequel, but not right now. Think of it the way you would CRISIS or INFINITY GAUNTLET, rather than a constantly ongoing series like, say, the AVENGERS.
In one way or another I would like the (still-unnamed) GROUP to continue, but at the moment it looks like it might be in separate storylines.—Al

shastab24
I have a character for whom I am in the beginning stages of drawing the comic that would work in these circumstances:

Tempore
The agent of order for his own multiverse (not this one). Tempore's sole purpose is to bring order and assure that his multiverse stays the way it always should. The only reason for him to ever venture out of his multiverse is if the equivalent or facimile from another universe specifically asked for his help, or if he is pursuing someone or thing that has caused or is causing chaos in his multiverse.

Tempore's powers allow him to travel between realities, heal temporal rifts and to send focused energy attacks of cosmic radiation.

I have other characters I would love to include, as well, but they may not be acceptable. It all depends on whether you see them as fan characters. They were made on the message boards for the comic Pride High. They are fan characters by some standards, but they are encouraged by the comic's creator and we retain full rights to our characters, to do with them as we please. I will include links below, but understand if they are rejected because of the tenuous line they inhabit.

My main characters:
Split
Protean

My lesser-tier characters:
Dragrant
Sea Embers
Phobia
Zhia
Bind
Lash

I would definitely love to see my Pride High characters in an actual comic, even as cameos, especially since the comic script I've been trying to pass around to see who will draw it has been severely held up because I am not able to offer money.

I guess I'll also mention my webcomic Comfortably Numb because, even though it's a terrible comic and not related to superheroes or the supernatural, it might be interesting to see Nova in another comic, and I might get more incentive to go back to it.

And you see in this why I figure I ramble too much.
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think again.
Malanthyus at 5:46AM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
*A shingle is hung upon non-existance with the words “Coming Soon” printed on it.*

This looks as good a place to begin again as any. I think I shall be polite this time around though.

I can't say as I care much for the fellow with the grin, he's in the way, you know?

I'll be in touch.
alschroeder at 9:22AM, Nov. 20, 2009
(online)
Please do.—Al

Think again.
darkdetective at 2:30PM, Jan. 25, 2010
(offline)
Um, how about Spark? I'd like to see my character show up in somthing other than my comic. Btw, you can see an animated short starring him here. Thanks.

My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com! Check out the trailer here!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon