Rephaim

Introductions Thread!
Super Astrid at 11:35AM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
Heeey peoples!
So since it's been like DAYS since anything happened in these forums I thought I'd make a brand new thread! This can be the place where all new readers/obsessed fans can introduce themselves, say what they like about the comic, how they came upon it etc.etc~

I'll start!

HAI I'm Astrid! I'm Lea's buddy~
Making a webcomic is an awful lot of work. So I'm here to try and take some of the strain off our poor Contessa! I mean, she can't do EVERYTHING, can she? Therefore I'm trying my best to advertise and keep the forums in ship-shape order!
When I'm not freewheeling around on here I'll be talking to my boyfriend on MSN, torturing the family cat and thinking of fancy new schemes to get this fantastic comic recognised!
What do I like about the comic? First of all, EVERYTHING. Secondly… uh… I guess my “first of all” kind of covered it, huh? 8D;

Kay, gogo! Introduce yourselves, chat, enjoy fine wine and cheeses~
“OH MY ME, HE'S MAKING OFF WITH THE ‘N’!”
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:19AM
kiwizoid at 9:58PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
o/

Kiwi. Formerly known as Anon/Sir Anon/That Guy Who Does Awesome Artwork With Unicorns. Classmate of Lea's, found the comic through Facebook stalking everyone in my English class, and learning everything about everyone just for the hell of it (related: College gives a lot of free time). So yeah. I just “randomly” discovered the comic and started following it since I'm a huge webcomic nut, and it was good.

I'm terrible at art but I still draw random crap when it amuses me. Unfortunately now I'm stuck in a rut where all I draw are weird-ass looking fire-breathing dinosaur monster things. Also, I lack the imagination and creativity necessary to create characters that look unique or have a certain dress style, so don't expect any entry from me in the contest. D: I can just draw crap. Kinda. Definitely not create crap, though.

In my free time I stare at walls and wish there was more to do on breaks. I also consider drawing in a sketchbook and playing with the scanner I got for Christmas, but I never actually do this. It's thrilling.

I hope more people post after me. :( We need this place hoppin'! Next!
Super Astrid at 1:12PM, Jan. 10, 2009
(online)
Awww SA, you sell yourself way too short =D!
Well, welcome to the forums, though I know you've been here basically the longest of anyone ;o So consider it just for ceremony's sake!~

Hey everyone, meet SA- probably THE best unicorn artist that has EVER existed.

*hails SA*
LadyMdness at 7:40PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
LEANDRA!!!! I finally checked out your comic like you told me too, I even joined just to post XD If you'll notice I totally forgot an ‘a’ in my username, I'm suffering from a blonde moment. I haven't actually read all of the comic yet and i would have entered your contest but I was just getting back from vaction and all was chaos.

I met leandra in high school where we ran around and did weird things together with our group of equally odd people….remember when you stole that candy XDDD It tasted better cause it was naughty candy! But yeah I do draw, not very well, and no unicorns T_T I did paint a horse once though, does that count, it was a magical ghost horse made of stars and whatever….

So I totally love what I've seen so far (like all your comics are awesome!) and I will read all of it at some point.
Super Astrid at 12:07PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
HEY!! Welcome!! Yaaay someone new! *hugs* stick around, I'll give you choooocolate! =D
kiwizoid at 2:49PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
Hail and welcome! Hopefully this gets the ball rolling on new members.

…hopefully. :D
Super Astrid at 12:37AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
No, seriously. Please take the chocolate. My mum gave me like six pounds of the stuff for christmas and I'll never eat that much @_@ Hell, I never eat ANY!

PLEASE TAKE IT.
Lilac at 8:36PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
Is..it too late to post something? It's too late to post something, isn't it?

Ah…my name is Lilac..and I found this here comic when I was signing in and saw it update on the main page…and I loved it. :D

I am very tired. And thirsty. And my eye itches. I like to complain.

I can't think of anything else to say. XDD
My comics~~~ :D

Ar Oh Ef El

Ruby

Super Astrid at 5:12AM, April 13, 2009
(online)
It's NEVER too late!!!! WELCOME!!

OMG PLEASE DON'T GO, I'm so tired of sitting here talking to myself! STAY AND TALK WITH ME AND SA WHEN HE REAPPEARS!

*produces a gourmet's buffet of cookies* Staaaay…. staaaaay….
kiwizoid at 12:13PM, April 14, 2009
(online)
“Reappears”? Fool! I am always here! I AM EVERYWHERE :O

But anyway, welcome! :) So nice to have someone else in here! No offense, Astrid… or… SA now? Do you take the mantle as I fall back into my usual username? :O

…*takes cookie*
Super Astrid at 6:41AM, April 15, 2009
(online)
AHHH *collapses* Don't do that D;

No offense taken! Naw, I'll always be Astrid, or Ash, or “Hey, you, lady with the beard.” AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SA TO ME. Otherwise I just referred to myself in my other post… and that would be creepy.

'Mmyes, just sit here and wait for SA, then we will all have a nice conversation… Isn't that right, SA? Ohyesh that is right, we're going to have a lot of fun together, just the three of us Ohyesh I do agree with you SA, why have you done something to your hair Ohpshaw it's nothing Ohno I do not believe it is nothing SA you look particularly ravishing today Why thank ye my friend you don't look too bad yourself now what about our friend here, shall we do her hair for her Ohyesh SA that is a smashing idea, come here now friend, let us approach you slowly with hairspray and tweezers and a curling iron, no need to be alarmed now you can trust us Yesh you can trust old SA, my dear Oh of course SA is the most trustworthy person on the planet Ohthankyou my dear No, SA, thank YOU.'

As if I don't talk to myself enough as it is ;(
kiwizoid at 3:56PM, April 15, 2009
(online)
Wow, Astrid/Ash/Beard lady, that was… amazing. =o This forum deserves a better class of crazy, and I think you just gave it to them. Bravo.

But if I'm SA, how will we ever explain why I'm not just Kiwi whenever we get new visitors? D:
Super Astrid at 3:11AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
You think you've seen crazy? You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet. ;)

Leandra is the one who started calling me Ash. I don't know if I like it or not. It makes me get torn between donning a gothic Victorian frock and lounging around an abandoned cathedral with mascara dripping down my face and heading off on a series of exciting adventures suitable for primary schoolers with an electric rat at my side and a red cap on my head. Go figure.

OH PSHAW, LET THE NEWBIES FEND FOR THEMSELVES >=O

Just kidding. I will call you kiwi if you want, but do you really want to be known as a nocturnal, flightless cousin of the ostrich that shies away from light and human society, forms unusual monogamous bonds and has become the international symbol of New Zealand?

(Sounds pretty cool, actually.)
kiwizoid at 2:30PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
I thought it was short for Ashley or something… or you're Scottish. Or Leandra's Scottish O.o “ASHTRID! ACH!”

And funnily enough, that description does not sound far off from my personality. Although, by unusual monogamous bonds, I expect something like kiwi birds marrying trees. …That does sound pretty cool :o
Super Astrid at 12:40AM, April 17, 2009
(online)
I've actually always been suspicious of Leandra's supposed non-Scottishosity. I'm so glad I'm not alone in my concerns!

Naw, it just means most birds are too stupid to remember their partners the morning after the wedding. ;) “OH GOD WHAT DID I DO YESTERDAY?”
kiwizoid at 6:53AM, April 17, 2009
(online)
Ohhhhh… so it's like they're in Vegas. Okay. Well, THAT's not me… hopefully. o_o Well, no, it's not. Don't know why I would bother misleading anyone with the idea that I just randomly get married and then forget about it. Although I do forget about things! Often!
Super Astrid at 4:24AM, April 18, 2009
(online)
Damn I hate being in a different timezone to everyone - I only hear about everything the morning after! And I just looked at the clock and was like HOLY SHIT I'M UP EARLY for a second before I realised it's stopped. I'll have to fix that now. Damn. Sorry, what were we talking about? Oh, yeah. Forgetting things. I do, too. That's why I write like 50 To Do lists a week, use a calendar, a diary and a little notice board here by the computer. And I STILL don't get everything done. :mad:
Lilac at 2:39PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
Oh my…I didn't think anybody would actually reply..so I didn't bother to check. Now it appears as though I've missed out on a smashing conversation. Ho hum.

How is everyone doing? :D I hope Leandra is okay! It's been awhile since we've heard from her. O:

Ar Oh Ef El

Ruby

kiwizoid at 11:03PM, April 30, 2009
(online)
Hahaha XD Yeah, we lurk here from time to time and then sometimes we run into each other and then it just goes nuts. Good stuff :P

My laptop almost broke today! I was scared and kind of annoyed but it's all okay now until it dies but then it's okay because I have a backup! It's the most exciting thing that's happened all week! So now I'm tired and behind on work D: How are you and anyone else who may be lurking around?
Super Astrid at 3:08AM, May 2, 2009
(online)
AHH people! =D

When two electrons leap out of the darkness towards eachother in a terrifying defy-ment of physics catastrophic hilarity will occur.

OH NOES NOT KIKI'S LAPTOP D= How will he not pay attention in class without it?!

Hellow Lilac *waves* Lele's fine. Just fine. No, I haven't secretly killed her and stolen her identity. Tell them, Lele! *forms a hand puppet with some of her butchered skin* “Yeess everything'sss fine!! Look I'm drawering the next comic right noww! Wif my mouf!” Hahhahahha, keep at it Lele. *patpat*
Lilac at 2:47PM, May 2, 2009
(online)
Ah, Contessa. It is great to see you are doing well. Lovely page you posted today STOP IGNORING YOUR OWN FORUMS LEANDRA!!! XD

Guh. It is hot today and I am sweaty. DX But we're about to get a thunderstorm so it's all good. I'm glad the laptop catastrophe eventually got resolved. :3

What happens when two protons leap out of the darkness towards each other? Catastrophic melancholy?

Ar Oh Ef El

Ruby

Super Astrid at 2:45AM, May 3, 2009
(online)
“But Lilac, I am nooot ignoring my forummsss, I'm talking to yooooou right nooow!” *has added a red wig and a pair of button eyes stapled to the dismembered skin* Kekeke, noone will ever know…

Wow, that's exactly right! *shakes hand* We shall win the Nobel Prize for Physics this year; better book our plane tickets early!
Lilac at 9:54AM, May 3, 2009
(online)
The skin makes it so lifelike!

I NO RITE? That prize is surely ours.

In unrelated news, I found a snickers bar that I didn't even know I had! :D So now I has some breakfast. :3

Ar Oh Ef El

Ruby

Super Astrid at 2:09AM, May 4, 2009
(online)
Have you heard that they've fixed the Large Hadron Collider and are gonna start it up again? I hope no black holes form. D= Dumb scientists and their world-destroying-in-pursuit-of-knowledge ways.

I wants to have breakfast but my bodeh is too tired to go down to the kitchen T___T waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Lilac at 9:29AM, May 4, 2009
(online)
Luckily for me, I don't know what that is. :D

Awh. I would share, but I eated it. D':

My house is completely surrounded by thunderheads…and the room just got darker. *meep*

Ar Oh Ef El

Ruby

Super Astrid at 12:33AM, May 5, 2009
(online)
Careful not to get eated by a black hole, kay?

Zomg in a couple more minutes I'll be late for school D; WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME
kiwizoid at 8:44AM, May 5, 2009
(online)
Lilac is changing her font color every time she posts!

THAT IS SO AWESOME. :O
Lilac at 10:03AM, May 5, 2009
(online)
It's how I roll. ;D

Ar Oh Ef El

Ruby

Super Astrid at 10:19AM, May 5, 2009
(online)
POURQUOI EST LE MONDE SI DIFFICILE?