Harkovast- the forum

How golta see themselves
Canuovea at 3:02PM, May 3, 2011
(online)
If they got the actor to do a fake accent that is stupid and proves your point.

But I don't think it was a fake accent. I think it was actually the actor's regular accent. That is what he sounds like. If everyone was simply talking normally, your whole point about the accents kinda disappears. I linked to the guy singing a non-Pocahontas related song and he sounds pretty similar.

And Smith does talk about how great London is. Only for a bit before he insults Pocahontas by suggesting the British were better than the Powhatans because he thought they were savages and the English were civilized. That seems even worse, kinda, except that is what most English people would have thought at the time.

last edited on July 18, 2011 10:19AM
harkovast at 3:50PM, May 3, 2011
(online)
Wait, the Ratcliff guy must have been doing an accent, cause he sounds English and you said he was American.

The funniest thing in that movie is the moral at the end that implies they are going to all live in peace now, when we all know the white men are going to totally kill them all and steal their land.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
Canuovea at 4:12PM, May 3, 2011
(online)
Nope. Youtube the guy. There is one where he sings a non-Pocahontas related song. Sounds pretty darn similar. I'm pretty sure he was using his regular voice. Maybe they chose him because he sounded English? But just hearing him does not scream English to me, even in Pocahontas. I dunno. I provided a link to youtube that has him singing in a non-Disney thing a little while back.

And, well, if he does an English accent… it sounds quite good! Most attempts at an accent turn into pathetic mockeries of the actual accent. I would think that would be picked up rather quickly, so I'm leaning to him not doing a forced English accent.

Yeah, things didn't end well for the Powhatans. Can we say 1622? Yes we can… it just kinda deteriorates from there on out. By 1646 the Powhatans had no power left. Oh, and in reality Pocahontas was kinda sorta kidnapped… Eventually, and then she married John Rolfe, had a kid, went to England, and died.

Oh and that whole saving John Smith? Sorta happened, but not really. It was probably a staged adoption ceremony that Smith misinterpreted. It also would have put Smith as a subordinate kind of vassal to Wahunsunacawh. Ah, culture clashes, I love them to death.
harkovast at 7:17AM, May 4, 2011
(online)
Mind you, disney might have got it back lately.
I haven't seen princess and the frog but I hear its pretty good, and I really enjoyed Tangled (it featured the worlds most bad ass horse!)

Canuovea at 12:18PM, May 4, 2011
(online)
I saw the Lion King as Disney's best for a long time. But thinking back, I think it was possibly the Hunchback of Notre Dame… if you dropped the stupid talking gargoyles… actually, drop everything and keep Tony Jay as Frollo. Dear gods, I think he was the best Disney villain I have ever seen.

I didn't hear much good about The Princess and the Frog, but I did like the bad guy's song. Haven't seen it though, so it's on my to watch list.

Loved Tangled. Great film. Can't recall the accent of the evil lady… Just kidding, kidding…

harkovast at 2:04PM, May 4, 2011
(online)
She sounded American…but they MEANT her to be English!
The BASTARDS!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon