Random Nonsense

Canuovea Dislikes Avatar, Do You Too?
harkovast at 6:11AM, Jan. 31, 2011
(online)
Wordweaver, the sad thing is, I can complain all I want….but your movie idea would make MILLIONS!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:17AM
Canuovea at 10:30PM, Jan. 31, 2011
(online)
I still just want them all to die. Die horribly. And preferably painfully.
metabad at 6:21PM, Feb. 4, 2011
(offline)
You're all wrong.

Here's the ACTUAL sequel.

The Na'vis of Pandora must venture outside their home land to rescue several young animals who were captured by poachers.

…No, I didn't just take the IMDb synopsis of Ferngully 2 and replace everything with Avatar related stuff, nope.
harkovast at 5:38AM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
All I know is that avatar being bad proves that harkovast sucks.
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=55305&cid=4867&comic_id=31674

I Am The 1337 Master at 1:47PM, Feb. 19, 2011
(offline)
Fern Gully, Pochahontas, call it what you like.

Anyway it goes blue people are making love.
Tiberius at 4:28PM, May 5, 2011
(online)
I don't think any one has mentioned this.

They don't need to nuke them from orbit.

Kinetic strike. just drop a large rock and it will have the same effect. you could even claim your fighting fair. your not using your advanced weapons. just a sizable rock.

Also, WHY WHY WHY! is their a ground assault? were the humans worried about Anti Aircraft fire? were they worried the navi had invented the flak cannon, or that they had enlisted the aid of the patriot missile tribe (who ride patriot missiles)? You sent all these human soldiers down to the ground so they can die pointlessly. Yes, they defeated the Navi ground troops, until the deus ex machina, but there was no need to. You don't send in ground troops, when all your doing is a single airstrike, Especially when it can be a space strike instead. A sapce strike that doesn't even need explosives, just a large rock.

when your space faring civilization is defeated by stone age people, your doing something horribly wrong. And somehow the ewok's victory seems more plausible, they at least had the help of the rebels, and weren't facing overwhelming airpower.

The post apocalyptic genre- one of the most optimistic of all genres.
Why?
Because we somehow survived the end of everything, and have built a pretty nice town to boot, sometimes with pig powered electricity!
Canuovea at 12:33AM, May 6, 2011
(online)
Well, yes, they could even accelerate a couple of grains of sand to near lightspeed and get the equivalent of a decent nuclear explosion. Hell, by that point all they would have to do is drop a bomb big enough to ignite the moon's atmosphere. All life gone and Unobtanium… obtained.

But a nuke would be cheaper than a rock. First, you have to spend fuel to go to the rock, move it towards the moon, aim it properly, and accelerate it to a decent speed. Unless they actually can do that thing with a grain of sand… Just toss a nuke onto a ship, bring it out there, and drop it. DONE.

The ground assault was shear stupidity. Really? I mean, really? I suppose they could have been there to ensure they made an example of the Navi ground troops… you know, kill em off to make a point. The airstrike wouldn't have gotten them all… but at least they could have dropped the bomb thing, then attacked on the ground with aircover… you know, keep aircover available for your ground troops? Novel Concept? NO!

Ahem.

Actually, in one star wars video game the Ewoks win because they AI cannot aim at small targets for the life of them. And given the movies… well, stormtroopers do have shitty aim… and Ewoks are really small targets. So of course the Ewoks won!
harkovast at 6:40AM, May 7, 2011
(online)
Frankly, they could have won with the forces they had on the planet.
Just clear the woods from around the base and defend that.
Native cant charge through machine gun fire, less so with absolutely no cover.

Their flying dragon are only useful if they ambush your planes from about 20 feet away! Flying over the horizon they would be shot down before they got anywhere near.

But having been defeated, my first response would be orbital retaliation.
As Sigourney always said-
“NUke em from orbit! It's the only way to be sure!”

Canuovea at 3:21PM, May 7, 2011
(online)
They couldn't do that! If they did that, they would be the defenders, and the defenders always look like good guys!

The baddies have to attack!

Or maybe they were worried about running out of ammo.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon