Townston

roles suggestions
waff at 9:44AM, March 10, 2009
(online)
DO YOU HAVE A ROLE YOU WANT TESTED? THEN POST THE SPECS HERE AND ME (AS WELL AS ANYONE WHO WANTS) SHALL MY/THIER BEST TO TEST THEM.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:17AM
leaderofstars at 9:58AM, March 10, 2009
(online)
heres a idea how about a robocop role
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
waff at 10:10AM, March 10, 2009
(online)
ideas is alright.
but people works bests with the hard info.
so if you have a role post it like this.
name-group(townie,mafia or third party)-power-goal(for third party role)-narrative extras(if applicable).
ideas as they are.

Niccea at 11:32AM, March 11, 2009
(offline)
Hobo
Townie
Immune to night hits (smells bad). He can also see one event as it happened without knowing the roles.
Does not come into play in the actual narrative.
waff at 2:23AM, March 14, 2009
(online)
Implacable man-third party-1 kill per night+ immunity to night hits/day hits/lynching until target is killed or mafia/townies is annihilated –On the 1st day a player (mafia or townie) is identified as a target without the knowledge of the Implacable man and the implacable man is given an obscure clue relating to the target, this is added to with each kill up until the target is killed. If the target is killed but not by the implacable man a new target is designated and told of this and implacable man given a fresh set of clues depending on how many players he’s killed, this sequence stops once the implacable man kills his/her target. At this point the implacable man’s goal is to be the last one standing-kill messages should detail the target using an inordinate amount of firepower to stop the implacable man but failing and getting killed.

(these two are connected and from the mafia wiki)
Fairy godmother/binder-third party-1st day select 2 townies they then become lovers/siblings (see lovers/siblings) in addition to their original roles and each member of the trio is immediately made aware of their new friends roles/faction (could be 1 mafia-1townie or 2 mafias aswell if mod is ok with it)-survive with lovers/siblings (although it’s possible (if mod lets it) for lovers/siblings to win without fairy godmother/binder).

Lovers/siblings-townie/third party-third party without fairy godmother/ binder present(when one of the pair is killed in some way, the other dies as well), townie/third party with fairy godmother/binder present (townie roles + when one of the pair is killed in some way, the other dies as well)-survive, if selected by fairy godmother they may be able to win with townies.
(these two^ are connected)

Writer-mafia-can’t kill but can place a red herring pointing to a specific player in a kill narrative.-mafia goal

Niccea at 12:30PM, March 15, 2009
(offline)
THe siblings was a random role that I was considering for this game, but Ochi was against it.
waff at 3:12PM, March 15, 2009
(online)
Little girl/loudmouth-townie-when killed, yells the name of his/her killer-townie goal.

Silencer/gene splicer-mafia-has an ability used like a night hit but the victim is turned into an animal of the silencer/gene-splicer’s choice for the next day phase and can only post animal noises-mafia

Hobo-townie-a random power the hobo’s ability is two night lives NIGHTLY due smelling REALLY bad (these lives are regenerated), he/she is also sent a pq by the mod detailing the victim and killer in a night hit, umm nightly-the kill witnessed by the hobo needs to have a sentence at the end stating that the killer believed he/she was unobserved.

Hit-n-runner-mafia-able to kill once during the day on up to 3 separate days. If used on a veteran or hobo the targets remaining lives are taken into account (if a hobo is targeted without being targeted the previous night phase the attack fails)-mafia goal-kill narrative must include a vehicle of some sort.

Vakanai at 8:20AM, March 20, 2009
(online)
I'm trying a few things for the undead theme:
Vampyre - Godfather
Special abilities: Can cancel a burning, votes count twice like the mayor's (all votes will be private, so you won't know who voted for who), and once per game can convert a Villager into a Ghoul (Villager - Townie, Ghoul - Converted Townie)
Most of the rest is just name changes:

Professor - Vigilante (based on Abraham van Helsing)
He has the tools and the know how to kill the undead.

Medium - Detective
He can commune with the spirits to find out the basic Detective stuff.

Ripper - Serial Killer
Jack anyone?

Witchdoctor - He can turn one Villager into a Zombie. The zombie will kill whoever the witchdoctor decides. All clues of the witchdoctor's/zombie's kill will point to the zombie. The witchdoctor can only have one zombie at a time. He can not zombify the Mayor or Pardoner. When a zombie dies he may choose another. Should the witchdoctor die the zombie will be freed. The zombie will only know that he is the zombie, he will not be told the identities of the witchdoctor or any of the Nosferatu. The witchdoctor will not be told of any extra roles the zombie may have.

A bit complicated, but I kind of like it. What do you all think of the witchdoctor/zombie roles?

Priest - Like paranoid, but only kills one Nosferatu who targets him instead of anyone.

Grave digger - Special role. Starts out as neither Villager nor Nosferatu. At any point of the game after night one when there has been at least one death the grave digger can permanently assume the role of any one deceased person. For example, if the Professor dies and the Grave Digger decides he likes that role, he can become the new Professor. Can only assume one role. Becomes either Villager or Nosferatu depending on the role he chooses to assume.
waff at 8:11AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
medium variation: can hold a seance to find out a players role/affiliation/clue relevance by holding a seance with atleast 3 other players requiring them to give up their night actions. but the spirits protect them from being killed unless a vampire or werewolf is included in the seance at hich point everyone participating is vulnerable.

gullas at 6:53AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
The Doctor is almost identical to the paramedic role but the doctor can instead save up to 2 people per night. The doctor knows who the paramedics are and vice versa, so they will have easier time to coordinate.
waff at 5:07AM, March 29, 2009
(online)
vengeful spirit-townie/random power-able to once every 2 nights BUT only after being killed him/herself.

last stand man-mafia-standard 1 kill-per-night as well as when lynched the last stand man has a last stand and kills 2 random players (townie,mafia or third-party) who are still alive. power only activates if lynched.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon