Gay Young Friskers: Hamelin blog

Gay Young What?
Joneko at 8:01PM, May 22, 2009
(online)
Why Gay Young Friskers?

Well…first of all, everyone's favorite Piper is just a wee bit gay. Secondly, it's actually a line from Robert Browning's poem “The Pied Piper of Hamelin: A Children's Story,” from which I occasionally draw literary inspiration. Maybe we'll make it a game later on, picking out where I slip it in there.

At some point I might post the full text of the poem as well, because it's really very enjoyable, fun, almost snarky. But I can't whip that out on the first date! That would be rude!

Though I will leave you with this:

Dictionary.com, based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary
Frisk
–verb (used without object)
1. to dance, leap, skip, or gambol; frolic: The dogs and children frisked about on the lawn.

So a Gay Young Frisker is a young person who dances, leaps, skips, gambols, or frolics happily.

Or, a dancing twenty-something homosexual. Again, hmm…both fit eventually. (Whether just the characters or the fans as well, it's all happy!)

That, and everyone needs a dose of flam-bouyancy to help them stay afloat. Go ahead, groan if you'd like. I deserve it.

Who wants to be a gay young frisker with me? Go ahead and start what have you in the new Gay Young Friskers Hamelin forum (as long as it's, of course, within the TOS). Fans should be free to mingle!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:17AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon