The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

The Hub
ifelldownthestairs at 12:08PM, Dec. 18, 2009
(online)
So, to summarize: Hark thought the chicks need thinner waists and bigger butts! JUNK IN DA TRUNK!

…oh, and that the art was good but the story was unfocused.

I thought it was kind of frustrating because I could really see myself liking it, but it just seems like it's repeatedly establishing the setting rather than going anywhere.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:15AM
harkovast at 6:03PM, Dec. 18, 2009
(online)
Look, I know I complained about fan service last week with Love Curse, but this is the other extreme.
Hippie van described them as realistic, but these women are not realistic. Real women look like WOMEN!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
HippieVan at 11:22AM, Dec. 25, 2009
(online)
Alright, well at the risk of being a total douchebag…let's compare some ladies, shall we?

Most women have some fat on them. Terrible, isn't it?
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
ifelldownthestairs at 1:17PM, Dec. 27, 2009
(online)
Real gal? Absolutely. But a stripper? Being lusted after by men in multitudes?? No, not really. I think you missed Hark's point entirely.

btw thanks for reading I Fell Down the Stairs!
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
harkovast at 1:23PM, Dec. 27, 2009
(online)
Yeah, Hippie there is only one thing that ruins your arguement that the chunky women are a feminist message…
The woman you showed is a stripper, who works taking her clothes off so men can letch at her.
Yeeeeah, real empowering!
You go, sister!
Secondly, including a fatter woman I'm fine with, no problem with that. But why are the male characters acting like they are lusting after this medusa chick and she is so incredibly hot? She is clearly written into the story to be a hot sex object but fails because she does not look hot at all.
The point is not even that the chicks in The Hub are fat.
The problem is they have thick waists and narrow butts.
Women have thinner waists and wider butts, that is one of the main things that makes them look like women, rather then men.

I think you are being pretty misleading trying to present me and Kev as sexist because we complained that the comics sex-object character was not as attractive as the author tried to present them as.

(And Chen-Chen is a kung-fu nun! Of course she is in great shape! All she eats is rich, eggs and bugs and then she practices kung fu all day! Or walk huge distances as she has been doing lately!)

harkovast at 1:40PM, Dec. 27, 2009
(online)
To illustrate my point, here is Chen-Chen's picture, modified to have a thick waist and thin hips.

She now looks like a man.
I haven't made her fat, I've made her look like a man.
And THAT is what is wrong with the women in The Hub!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon