The stories.

OUT.
Genejoke at 11:56PM, June 7, 2011
(online)
All by El cid.

El cid is one of a few 3d artists who made me realise that 3d art can be really good. I think my comics look pretty good, and then i look at this an realise I have so much more to learn. Which is great as it inspires me to improve.

The content shouldn't offend anyone too much but we played it safe regardless.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:14AM
El Cid at 1:13PM, June 11, 2011
(online)
This was posted in the wrong category by Fastmax, so I'm reposting it here:

Fastmax
I'm going to start something here I won't finish. But it's gotta come out.

Just like money, prisons are “a control device”, to get you to conform.
Think:
What exactly are you conforming to? Is it just to perform the usual 9 to 5 Monday through Friday grind?
What are you being made to conform to,.. and of why?

We've perpetuated this political and economic system here in America to what it is today.
We unthinkingly follow long established conventions.
And how well is it doing for you? The system's faltering. And that's only so because of the ethics of those “people” who run it, -not the mechanism.

Who are they then?
They are of Industry. It's not the governments, or the militaries. Not even the banks.

When government needs an expert who do they turn to to get the truth of the matter?
An industry expert.
When the military needs a new gun ..who makes it for them? A manufacturing factory.
When you want to eat ..what do you go out and buy? A product.
And what is it that they teach to you while you're “In”.
If you're lucky, ..A trade.

So where does control truly reign with?

xx,
Fastmax
El Cid at 1:17PM, June 11, 2011
(online)
And, just to make a quick response to you, Fastmax, because your post was sort of all over the place:

I don't exactly see what your issue is, or why you think that “controlling” people by creating disincentives to rape, steal, and murder is exactly a bad thing. We do live in an ordered society, and if people did not organize in some manner then very few of the things you take for granted today would be possible.
Genejoke at 11:14PM, June 11, 2011
(online)
I was wondering if it was more a rant at the whole rehabilitation aspect and lack of support after. Personally I think prison should focus more on being a punishment, like a naughty seat for adults.
Fastmax at 8:02AM, June 12, 2011
(offline)
To: “El Cid” thank you for the repost…, here within “the ”stories“ subforum”.
Who would figure that.

To: “Genejoke” I never “rant” when I type out a communique to people for them to READ. But in the same vein of thought, as your comment was to me,…. do you ever “think”.
Now, before you emotionally react to my comment,.. what should you be doing?
“The aforementioned is NOT a trick statement or question either.”

xx,
Fastmax

p.s. Blacklisting or blocking me from further commentary here ..would be just symptomatic to the problem.
Genejoke at 1:00PM, June 12, 2011
(online)
Wha…

Why would we blacklist or block you? When I said rant I used the term loosely.

As to the whole thinking thing… not sure what you're trying to get at there. My comments here usually just roll off the tips of my fingers, be the flippant or serious discussion. Are you trying to get me/people to think in depth about the world and society and such like? if yes, then yeah I think about it a lot. Do I have answers, no.

In regards to your post, I consider it partially accurate. Prison, I see as needed, but not as it is at present.

What are we conforming to? society at large.

Do we unthinkingly follow conventions? Some do, well most do actually but the rest think and get it wrong or do nothing about it.

That will do for now, I'm far too tired to make a cohesive point.
bloody_nora at 12:21AM, June 14, 2011
(offline)
I would like to place an order for more comics about Mr.Spudhead doing his Charles Bronson thing please (preferably involving a sub-plot where he starts to believe his own legs have turned against him).
El Cid at 2:37AM, June 14, 2011
(online)
Sounds like a great idea! His new street name will be “Crazy Legs Spudnick!”
Genejoke at 2:50AM, June 14, 2011
(online)
Out did inspire me to do a short story, not related but vaguely similar in tone. I might even finish it eventually. I have the first two panels rendered and most of the sets done but I keep getting side tracked. I will probably sit on it for a while so we have a bit more different stuff in between. Like Molly and Mooky and random spleenage.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon