Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The East Coast Blows!
I Am The 1337 Master at 8:02AM, Aug. 27, 2011
(offline)
HURR…icane Irene.

YES?

(I am totally not worried about this stupid thing)
ayesinback at 3:49PM, Aug. 27, 2011
(online)
not that I'm complaining, but today in NJ Irene is only about being wet. no blow yet.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
AQua_ng at 6:21PM, Aug. 27, 2011
(offline)
I heard that Irene tore into Virginia.
…brb going to write fanfiction.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
PIT_FACE at 8:20PM, Aug. 27, 2011
(online)
gettin ready for it tommarow. all the county departments have to stay at their stations till this shit blows over (haw! geddit?) seriously man, 6 A.M. tommarow, this crap just got personal.

last edited on Aug. 27, 2011 8:21PM
Ozoneocean at 12:54AM, Aug. 28, 2011
(online)
AQua_ng wrote:
I heard that Irene tore into Virginia.
…brb going to write fanfiction.
Oooooh you dirty boy!
That Irene… she's going down on Mahatten and going to give it one hell of a blow. ^_^
bravo1102 at 4:04AM, Aug. 30, 2011
(offline)
I faced mandatory evacuation. I was working in Asbury Park making certain the senior citizens there were evacuated then I go the call from the wife thatwe had to evacuate home.

When I got home my sister called and begged me not to go back to work because she was extremely worried about me and she needed me to go stay with our mother.

Now I had just spent 12 hours getting calls from mothers and grandmothers and their children frantically worried about evacuation and the choice now was to go to work to care for somebody else's mother or go take care of my own mother.

I chose to take care of my mom. It was real quality time.

And when I got home guess what? There were no frantic calls from work begging me to show up. But that could be because my house lost power a couple of times. I had spoken to the NJ branch manager before leaving work who assured me that the employee's safety was more important than the site.
ayesinback at 5:37AM, Aug. 30, 2011
(online)
it would have been just a bad rainstorm if we hadn't lost power. but we did and got a flooded basement (about 15 inches) and there's some loss - how much still tbd. butwe got off lightly compared to some.

lots of roads are impassable from the dropped trees (primarily oaks - I was surprised to see how shallow their root systems are) and the trees took out a lot of wires.

so we have a new hobby, for the short term I hope
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
rokulily at 7:46AM, Aug. 30, 2011
(online)
i lost about a couple hundred in art supplies, 2 dozen various pieces of artwork, and the basement in now in need of repair and cleaning since it flooded quite a bit. watching a dryer float is sorta amazing.

but my art shed out back was completely dry, even though i work hard moving stuff outta there in fear of flooding… this just tells me i can no longer trust the basement with such matters as art and art storage.

anyways i'm super tired. have been working very hard saving what i could and cleaning up the joint
PIT_FACE at 5:11AM, Sept. 1, 2011
(online)
we got pretty drenched in north western CT too. a little windy at the very end, but that was about it. got to the fire house at 6 am with my crew, ma made some coffee for me to bring over. watched the weather on TV and then went out and drove around closing roads and evacuating some homes. there was one water rescue, and a buncha calls for downed lines…many of them for the same lines over again.
as the incident cleared and we were all realesed to go home in the later afternoon, we got a fun call that a damn nearby broke and that we may have to evacuate the entire town immediatly. thankfully enough though, the dam that busted didnt connect to our dams, so spared from that one.
just finally got power back on last night.

last edited on Sept. 1, 2011 5:13AM
Dodger at 9:46PM, Sept. 7, 2011
(online)
We had some damage, the biggest issue for me was that I couldn't get to school for three days because the train tracks were washed away. >>; My uncle's house in the Catskill mountains is is bad shape though… I think he's still missing power.

Koji Takahashi Stops the World, full color, updating Mondays

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon