HA Characters

Character usage from HA and HU Spinoff's discussion
cdmalcolm1 at 7:20AM, July 6, 2014
(online)
Available list here:

Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Bombshell, Permissions: semi-auto

Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Archangel (RISE-name: Omega), Permissions: semi-auto

Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Fury (RISE-name: Alpha), Permissions: semi-auto

Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Clockwork, Permissions: semi-auto

Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Kaleidoskop (jr.), Permissions: semi-auto

Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: U.N.C.A. S.A.M. (& Tom Finn), Permissions: semi-auto

Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Change, Permissions: semi-auto

Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Thanatos, Permissions: hold

Creator: Abt_Nihil (“adopted” from original creator Nepath), Character's Name: Natasha Lawler (former HU Commander), Permissions: unavailable

Creator: CDMalcolm1, Character's Name: Solarcell, Permissions: Auto

Creator: CDMalcolm1, Character's Name: Dark Beauty, Permissions: Auto

Creator: Byth1. Character's Name: Roof Rat. Permissions: Auto.

Creator: Macattack, Character's Name:Wireless, Permissions: Auto——-

I wanted to start a new tread in the HA forum called “HA/HU spin off's and character usage”The reason for this is if a writer/ Creator/ artist wanted to create a spin off it should be simple. I think one rule should be an auto list of creators granting permission to use their character for an HA or a HU spin off by listing the:

Creator: {{{creators name}}},Character's name:{{{ character's name here}}} Permission: Auto/Semi-auto/Hold/Unavailable

{{{Auto: PQ me of use. You can use my character anytime. Even if I'm not available. }}},{{{semi-auto: PQ me to see if there are no conflicts in story. Otherwise, you can use my character(s) anytime. }}},{{{Hold: PQ me first. I may or not want my character(s) involve.}}},{{{unavailable: PQ me first or HA/HU admin if I am not available for character usage. If no response, please do not use. }}}

Real Example:Creator: Character's name: Permissions:

CDMalcolm1: Solarcell: Auto

Now, making this list would help. PQ is a must for all who wants to use a character for a story. Primary rule: no killing off a creators character. It is an Idea to see who is available or not. If no response from a creator with a setting of “auto” simply mean go ahead and use them for your story. All others means wait for response. I set mine to auto. This goes for villains, heroes and Extras that has appeared in previous issues that may NOT be on a list of heroes, villains and other.

If you all want to start it here, by all means. If you want to create a new tread for permissions please create one or let me know where to create this tread if this is not the right place to put it.

Creator: CDMalcolm1. Character's Name: Solarcell. Permissions: Auto. Creator: CDMalcolm1. Character's Name: Dark Beauty. Permissions: Auto. Creator: Byth1 Character's Name: Roof Rat. Permissions: Auto.
last edited on April 13, 2016 3:23PM
Abt_Nihil at 8:15AM, July 7, 2014
(offline)
Good idea! This thread should probably be an important/sticky thread in the characters forum. irrevenant can move threads, I believe.

Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Bombshell, Permissions: semi-auto
Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Archangel (RISE-name: Omega), Permissions: semi-auto
Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Fury (RISE-name: Alpha), Permissions: semi-auto
Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Clockwork, Permissions: semi-auto
Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Kaleidoskop (jr.), Permissions: semi-auto
Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: U.N.C.A. S.A.M. (& Tom Finn), Permissions: semi-auto
Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Change, Permissions: semi-auto
Creator: Abt_Nihil, Character's Name: Thanatos, Permissions: hold
Creator: Abt_Nihil (“adopted” from original creator Nepath), Character's Name: Natasha Lawler (former HU Commander), Permissions: unavailable
irrevenant at 11:46PM, July 22, 2014
(online)
There's a list of characters athttp://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/173641/ .

Would it make sense to just include usage permissions in that index list rather than adding a separate thread?

P.S. This is the sort of thing that a developer's wiki would be super-awesome for. :D
cdmalcolm1 at 9:18AM, Aug. 3, 2014
(online)
irrevenant wrote: There's a list of characters athttp://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/173641/ .

Would it make sense to just include usage permissions in that index list rather than adding a separate thread?

P.S. This is the sort of thing that a developer's wiki would be super-awesome for. :D

Here is the confusing part about that. There are no information about if we can use a character or not. It is just a list of characters and who made it. This new list is to let anyone know if the creator(s) and the character(s) usage.

I have no problem moving it there but hardly anyone is answering. Only 4 people responded, you, Abt, Shab, and Neph. How are we suppose to create a HA auxiliary spin off if the creators are not available? That is what my story is about. It suppose to have a lot of guess stars from HA's team but from the view of Solarcell. I have read in a few forums that a lot of the creators' want to do one but no one stepped to the plate. That's when I decided to do one. However, I'm failing at getting permissions to use characters. This is one of the reasons that I have not come up with the title yet.

Is my project a community project? It can be but I don't think anyone is interested or don't have the time to contribute. My pages are one or two panels. So contributing would be a breeze. Would I make this comic into a book? Very possible.

If I had full access to the HA universe, a lot of the unknown and unused characters would appear as well as the popular ones, of course. The title would be Hero Alliance: Auxiliary Force. Or Hero Alliance: Solarcell and Friends. This would be based on SolarCell's interaction with everyone in this universe. Since this is not working to the way I wish it were, I'm forced to keep the story a solo hero comic with the limit of available creator permissions.

After, the use of Bombshell, Shell, Imp, Vora, Sparkle, Chaos, Astral and Tazer, I,m not going to ask for permission for guess heroes or villains. If a creator wants their characters to become a guess or anyone want to contribute, they can always PQ me. I will most likely write them in. Sparkle and Astral are the only ones that I can use freely. So they are most likely to be used the most. However, this is not planned. I wanted was for Solarcell to be apart of HA team. That in itself is still up in the air. That being said, the title is also in the air.
irrevenant at 12:36AM, Aug. 6, 2014
(online)
I've updated the main character list with the permissions listed in this thread just so all the info can all be seen in one place. It may even drum up a little more interest in this project if it's in both places, who knows.

I wouldn't worry too much that responses are slow in coming. This forum just seems to be like that - people only wander by intermittently. It can take months to have a single conversation sometimes. :)

Almost every core member of HA is owned by a different creator so it'll take a little while.

If you're in a hurry to get started, maybe start the series off with the characters you have permission to use, and add in the others as you go along and permission comes in?
last edited on Aug. 6, 2014 12:45AM
Sebastian_Sandberg at 1:11PM, Sept. 14, 2014
(offline)
As DA is still currently down, I'm going to take a moment to get back to this forum after a long absence…
-
I'm currently working on the first five issues of what I hope will become a continuing series starring Virtus (the black/red guy in HA #1-2 and #4) and I'm planning a massive panel with silent cameos from as many of my comic compatriots's characters as possible.
-
I don't consider HU/HA canon to my storyline, but I still consider all those people I worked with to launch the series as old friends I want to treat to a non-canon yet possibly prophetic cameo. Note: To give myself some borders to work with, only characters from HA #1-2, HA #4 and HA #6 will be accepted.
-
The possibility for ‘proper’ crossovers will no doubt come further down the line, but that's a long time from now.
-
So… Well, let me know if you're interested. Making a nod to HA is sort off on my wishlist for the comic. Full credits to the creators, naturally!
last edited on Sept. 14, 2014 1:15PM
PIT_FACE at 6:17AM, Sept. 28, 2014
(online)
Creator: PIT-FACE Character's name: BONES Permissions:SEMI-AUTO

ironhand at 3:28AM, Sept. 29, 2014
(offline)
Creator: Ironhand/Character Name: The Bujin/Permissions: Semi-Auto
Creator: Ironhand/Character Name: The Baku/Permissions: Hold
Creator: Ironhand/Character Name: Yuki Matsumuro/Permissions: Hold
Creator: Ironhand/Clan Name: Yamada Clan/Permissions: Hold
Creator: Ironhand/Clan Name: Bakuto Clan/Permissions: Hold
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
AzuJOD at 11:31PM, Sept. 29, 2014
(online)
Creator: AzuJOD/Character Name: Azumorph/Permissions: Auto
Creator: AzuJOD/Character Name: HUB/Permissions: Auto
Creator: AzuJOD/Group Name: Oz-Stars/Permissions: Auto
Creator: AzuJOD/Character Name: Ms. Ari/Permissions: Semi-Auto
Creator: AzuJOD/Character Name: Kraysch/Permissions: Semi-Auto
Creator: AzuJOD/Character Name: Zombie Queen/Permissions: Semi-Auto
Creator: AzuJOD/Character Name: JOD/Permissions: Hold

Also, posting this on behalf of his creator
Creator: KainKnine/Character Name: Kaine the White Shadow/Permissions: Auto
irrevenant at 1:13AM, Oct. 4, 2014
(online)
I've updated the master character list athttp://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/173641/ with the info from this thread.
P.S. Chaos is semi-auto.
LuchaCoffee at 6:52AM, Nov. 2, 2014
(online)
All my characters is semi auto as well.
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

irrevenant at 11:05PM, Nov. 2, 2014
(online)
Thanks. Have updated it athttp://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/173641/?page=1#2923177 .
P.S. That reminds me - I've written a script for Season 2 that features your character, The Ancient Mariner. I'll PQ you the link…
sux wrote:
All my characters is semi auto as well.
fukujinzuke at 9:35AM, Sept. 18, 2015
(online)
Creator: fukujinzuke. Character's Name: SHELL. Permissions: Auto.
Creator: fukujinzuke. Character's Name: SHELL's androids. Permissions: Auto.
Creator: fukujinzuke. Character's Name: Desperado. Permissions: Auto.
Creator: fukujinzuke. Character's Name: “Handsome” Chris Sly. Permissions: Auto.
Creator: fukujinzuke. Character's Name: Ransom Lee Givens. Permissions: Auto.
These guys were being written in on a possible future chapter for an alternate universe of HA
Creator: fukujinzuke. Character's Name: HUSK. Permissions: Auto.
Creator: fukujinzuke. Character's Name: HUSK's androids (S & M). Permissions: Auto.
Nepath at 4:29AM, May 12, 2017
(online)
Not sure is HA is even still active and if so, the likelihood of my characters being used is slim…nevertheless, for various reasons I won't go into please do not use any of the following characters.

Please take this withdrawal of permission as effective immediately;
Energize (character or entity - basically anything relating)
Titan
Fearless
Nemesis
Tazor (via Spudsy - he was exclusive to New Guard but that is now withdrawn)
Arsenal
Exocet

Thanks

shastab24 at 7:44AM, May 13, 2017
(online)
Sorry to hear that, Nepath, but such is as it is. It will be odd to have HA without Titan, but maybe someone else will take up that spot.

I also realized I never did my permissions in this thread:

Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Sparkle, Permission: Semi-auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Astral, Permission: Semi-auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Noggin, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Technica, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Purple Power, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: The Herculean, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Locomotive, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: The Floccinaucinihilipilification, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: The Judge, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Bloodblast, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: The ‘Stache, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character’s name: Follicle, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Beard of Power, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Brown Terror, Permission: Auto

Some of those characters are ones I've yet to put information on these boards about, but those ones have appeared in my comic as part of the HUniverse. I really should get to getting information up about them.

Of note: I only included HUniverse characters. Some characters of mine appeared in What You Believe but aren't from the universe (Eiderdown, Fractal, Split, The Seraphim, The Gunman). Putting permissions for all my characters could take all day.
irrevenant at 5:51PM, May 13, 2017
(online)
Sorry to see the characters go. Titan was a mainstay of HA and The New Guard is obviously impossible without Tazer.

I'm hoping their withdrawal means you have some big plans for the characters and I look forward to seeing where they go in future. :)

HA is still active. I'm working on a page for the RISE story as we speak.

EDIT: I've updated the permissions list to mark all of Nepath's stuff unavailable. I've assumed this included Spudsy's stuff (Exocet and Arsenal) as well since I believe they were a joint effort. Please let me know if that's not the case.
last edited on May 20, 2017 5:50PM
Nepath at 7:02AM, May 18, 2017
(online)
I am working on something…
melsr007 at 7:18AM, May 19, 2017
(online)
Alrigth Nepath can't wait to see what you working on.
Nepath at 8:58AM, May 22, 2017
(online)
irrevenant wrote:
Sorry to see the characters go. Titan was a mainstay of HA and The New Guard is obviously impossible without Tazer.

I'm hoping their withdrawal means you have some big plans for the characters and I look forward to seeing where they go in future. :)

HA is still active. I'm working on a page for the RISE story as we speak.

EDIT: I've updated the permissions list to mark all of Nepath's stuff unavailable. I've assumed this included Spudsy's stuff (Exocet and Arsenal) as well since I believe they were a joint effort. Please let me know if that's not the case.

This is why I removed Titan…
irrevenant at 4:23AM, May 23, 2017
(online)
Looks intriguing. I'm looking forward to see what you have planned.

Personally, I don't see why she can't appear in both. If you're concerned about HA clashing with what you have planned, we could always just make Titan's appearances in HA out-of-continuity to the main title like HU used to do with the Acrobat characters.

Maybe I'll understand better once I see where you're going with it.
irrevenant at 4:49AM, May 23, 2017
(online)
shastab24 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Nepath, but such is as it is. It will be odd to have HA without Titan, but maybe someone else will take up that spot.

Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: The Floccinaucinihilipilification, Permission: Auto

Some of those characters are ones I've yet to put information on these boards about, but those ones have appeared in my comic as part of the HUniverse. I really should get to getting information up about them.

Of note: I only included HUniverse characters. Some characters of mine appeared in What You Believe but aren't from the universe (Eiderdown, Fractal, Split, The Seraphim, The Gunman). Putting permissions for all my characters could take all day.

Thanks ShastaB24. I've updated those. Your Karabear characters were already listed and I inferred you were okay for those to be Auto too, but please let me know if that's wrong and I'll fix it.

I took a guess that Bloodblast and Brown Terror were villains and the rest were heroes, but again if that's wrong please let me know and I'll fix it.

Thanks.
Nepath at 4:49AM, May 23, 2017
(online)
irrevenant wrote:
Looks intriguing. I'm looking forward to see what you have planned.

Personally, I don't see why she can't appear in both. If you're concerned about HA clashing with what you have planned, we could always just make Titan's appearances in HA out-of-continuity to the main title like HU used to do with the Acrobat characters.

Maybe I'll understand better once I see where you're going with it.

One reason is that I personally like continuity between my characters appearances. Take Energize as an example. He appeared in his own comic, Heroes Unite, Fearless, Heroes Alliance & Crossoverkill. Not forgetting Dasien.

It adds to the character that it was same character always and not a variation of for crossover purposes. After Heroes Unite #1 The intention was to establish a “shared universe” and that's the point of it in my eyes. At the time, Literacysuks did not want that for Acrobat and that's fair enough.

last edited on May 23, 2017 4:54AM
irrevenant at 5:07AM, May 23, 2017
(online)
Fair enough. I find a true shared universe and consistent character much cleaner too.

Any chance it could be the same Titan character at different points in time? eg. Her adventures with HA are taking place before Energize Unleashed? If it's the same story that you started earlier that's set a fair way into the future anyway, right?

Also can we still consider the Evosians and their offshoots part of the HUniverse? Pretty please? :) As you know, I was planning/hoping to use them for a script. It probably won't happen until 2021 or so, but it would still be nice to publish it eventually.

Thanks.
Nepath at 5:54AM, May 23, 2017
(online)
irrevenant wrote:
Fair enough. I find a true shared universe and consistent character much cleaner too.

Any chance it could be the same Titan character at different points in time? eg. Her adventures with HA are taking place before Energize Unleashed? If it's the same story that you started earlier that's set a fair way into the future anyway, right?

Also can we still consider the Evosians and their offshoots part of the HUniverse? Pretty please? :) As you know, I was planning/hoping to use them for a script. It probably won't happen until 2021 or so, but it would still be nice to publish it eventually.

Thanks.

Of course, use the Evosian angle how you see fit. I may have been a little misleading with my original post. When I said “effective immediately” I meant in terms of future stories to be planned. Anything that is in the pipeline that would have included her is fine, so in a sense making her final appearance here a past version of what I have planned (if anything…..)
irrevenant at 6:53AM, May 23, 2017
(online)
Oh phew, that's great, thank you! I admit I was a bit concerned about what the effects would be on the season finale if we pulled Titan out now.

She's been a great character and a core member of the team. I'll be sorry to see her go but I'm also excited to see what comes next in her personal story.
shastab24 at 10:18AM, May 24, 2017
(online)
Sorry for the long time before replying, irrevenant. Anyways:

You have Astral and Sparkle listed as Auto when I put them up here as Semi-auto (I believe that's a change from a previous permission I gave). The rest of the characters on the list I wrote are Auto.

The villains who are currently incorrectly listed as heroes are The Judge and Beard of Power (the latter is part of the Hair Pair, so he can just be included there–I know there's three members of the Hair Pair, but I kind of like the misnomer name).

I would also like to mention that the listing that mentions “Karabear characters (Split, Protean, Dragant, Merry Maiden, Just Plum Awesome, Tempore)”, should probably be taken down. Those characters aren't part of the HUniverse, and they can muddle things by being listed–and their permissions aren't Auto.
irrevenant at 2:58PM, May 24, 2017
(online)
@shastab24 Done, thanks.
cdmalcolm1 at 9:13AM, May 25, 2017
(online)
Nepath wrote:
irrevenant wrote:

Thanks.

Of course, use the Evosian angle how you see fit. I may have been a little misleading with my original post. When I said “effective immediately” I meant in terms of future stories to be planned. Anything that is in the pipeline that would have included her is fine, so in a sense making her final appearance here a past version of what I have planned (if anything…..)

Wow, well this puts a real monkey wrench in the second season of Solarcell. I had Titan having a private talk about who solarcell really is. No action of course, just her talking on two pages. In the time line of HA, right after the second season of HA's Invasion arc and into the N'th/Shard era, that's when I used titan…. oh well, I guess I have to make up someone. Sorry to see her go but I'm sure her new ventures will be awesome as she was In HA. Looking forward to it.
cdmalcolm1 at 9:43AM, May 25, 2017
(online)
shastab24 wrote:

Since this is an updated version. Can I used sparkle and astral for Solarcell comic? I already wrote them in and showed the outline to irreverent last year. If you want to see the outline let me know. I'll PQ you. As you already know I have continued the Solarcell comic and is updating every week just so I can get to characters like yours as guest stars. I mean, let's face it, SolarCell would not have exist if it wasn't for HA creators like yourself. So I'm trying to pay tributes to you all by having to see HA universe characters chime in every once in a while. If not just let me know and I'll write them out the script. My apologies to everyone due to the fact that I draw too slow to bring in more guest.
shastab24 at 10:07AM, May 25, 2017
(online)
You can use them. And I would like to see the outline, to smooth out any possible inconsistencies.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon