Tips and Tricks/Support *

Hippie Van's Grand List of Bugs (and Workarounds!)
Ozoneocean at 8:45AM, Feb. 5, 2017
(online)
stinger9 wrote:
No idea if this is a known bug, I couldn't find anything about it, but it's a fairly minor thing anyway. My page count doesn't seem to be working correctly. The page count seemed to be off by one for a while, but recently I went back through and edited the titles on some pages, and now it seems to be off by about 7 pages! Again, just a minor issue, since all the pages themselves seem to be working correctly, it's just kind of a tiny annoyance, and figured I may as well report it!
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are “live”.
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.
stinger9 at 9:07AM, Feb. 5, 2017
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are “live”.
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.
Oops, you're right, the live dates on any page I edited from last year had their year changed to 2017, putting it at later this year. Weird, guess it must have messed up when I edited them! Sorry about that!

Edit: Never mind, just realised when I tried to fix them, it's just because 2016 isn't an option any more!
last edited on Feb. 6, 2017 9:17PM
Ozoneocean at 5:15PM, Feb. 5, 2017
(online)
Ah, ok. Yeah, you can't reorganise by date anyway, it has to be by page order :(
Thelillylenore at 6:18PM, Feb. 6, 2017
(online)
I have a problem with the way my pages are presented. When I log into my account and look at my webcomic it shows the first page, however when I log out it shows the second page, and the first page is nowhere to be found. Please help as soon as possible.
Character Bios (coming soon)
stinger9 at 8:48PM, Feb. 6, 2017
(offline)
Thelillylenore wrote:
I have a problem with the way my pages are presented. When I log into my account and look at my webcomic it shows the first page, however when I log out it shows the second page, and the first page is nowhere to be found. Please help as soon as possible.
There's quite a few pages missing there from the looks of it, I can't see 1, 23, or 45. If you can see them and others can't it sounds similar to the problem I was having, have you tried checking the live dates?
Ozoneocean at 10:34PM, Feb. 6, 2017
(online)
stinger9 wrote:
Thelillylenore wrote:
There's quite a few pages missing there from the looks of it, I can't see 1, 23, or 45. If you can see them and others can't it sounds similar to the problem I was having, have you tried checking the live dates?

Stinger is 100% right.
I checked in the admin system. You've uploaded your 1st page twice. The first time you had it set to go up on the 6th of February but you deleted it. The second time you uploaded it and set it to go live on the 3rd of May.
It's not the 3rd of may yet so it won't show up till then :)
Probably the same story with the other pages Stinger lists. Just change the dates.
EFO67 at 7:38PM, March 8, 2017
(offline)
I am new here and I am having trouble posting my comic.I have title page but I can not seem to post the other pages.I have tryed the little thumbnail.AWW HECK I am confused.
Ozoneocean at 8:02PM, March 9, 2017
(online)
EFO67 wrote:
I am new here and I am having trouble posting my comic.I have title page but I can not seem to post the other pages.I have tryed the little thumbnail.AWW HECK I am confused.
Just make sure that you have something written in the “page title” field.

If that's not an issue, make sure the page isn't bigger than 20 megabytes and that it's a jpeg, gif, or png.
Udyr at 1:46PM, April 9, 2017
(online)
I got a problem whenever I upload my comic it turns out really odd-looking qualitywise (like its a bigger size than the original file). It refuses to let me upload things that's not 1000x pixel width, and if i upload smaller it will awkwardly make the image bigger which makes the quality look absolutely dreadful. I've tried both resizing, changing files and to change the layout settings but there is no option on how big of size you want your pages to be!
Also I have trouble with arranging comics as it bugs out quite alot, when i push one page down the order gets messed out and it just doesn't work out.
(This one is really hard to explain, but if i move lets say page 4 down one notch then the page order will mess up, it wont appear under 3 but 3 will appear where 5 used to be etc…no idea if that makes sense).
I've had these problems on all of my comics, not sure if there's anything i'm doing wrong.
Ozoneocean at 9:01PM, April 9, 2017
(online)
Udyr wrote:
I got a problem whenever I upload my comic it turns out really odd-looking qualitywise (like its a bigger size than the original file). It refuses to let me upload things that's not 1000x pixel width, and if i upload smaller it will awkwardly make the image bigger which makes the quality look absolutely dreadful. I've tried both resizing, changing files and to change the layout settings but there is no option on how big of size you want your pages to be!
Also I have trouble with arranging comics as it bugs out quite alot, when i push one page down the order gets messed out and it just doesn't work out.
(This one is really hard to explain, but if i move lets say page 4 down one notch then the page order will mess up, it wont appear under 3 but 3 will appear where 5 used to be etc…no idea if that makes sense).
I've had these problems on all of my comics, not sure if there's anything i'm doing wrong.

Sounds like some weird bugs. Thanks for reporting them.
I'll have to check those out when I have time.
I've never heard of file dimensions being made bigger! Generally everything gets shrunk to 960 pixels wide.
Indskydelse at 2:06PM, June 22, 2017
(online)
I messed up Im new and have a vague understanding of everything here so sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but I want to change my username and there is no manual change button so can someone help me out?
Ozoneocean at 11:58PM, June 25, 2017
(online)
I've messaged you about it :)
Udyr at 1:23AM, July 22, 2017
(online)
Hi, when not logged in half of one of my comics is just…disapearing from its orgin page.
Its still OK when I log in but when not, it jumps right into page 37 and the other first pages are just gone like they never excited.
:( Its the one called Extinct, i tried to go into internet explorer to see if there is an issue with my browser but it was still messed up.
last edited on July 22, 2017 1:26AM
Ozoneocean at 4:53AM, July 22, 2017
(online)
Udyr wrote:
Hi, when not logged in half of one of my comics is just…disapearing from its orgin page.
Its still OK when I log in but when not, it jumps right into page 37 and the other first pages are just gone like they never excited.
:( Its the one called Extinct, i tried to go into internet explorer to see if there is an issue with my browser but it was still messed up.
I've just checked in the system.
The lives dates on those pages are wrong for some reason. They do not show up because they're not “live” yet. Or they have not bee posted yet.
I know they WERE initially but the dates are wrong now, they're wrong.
Page 34 is set to be posted on the 28th of December 2017 I think

I could fix that but It would be much quicker if you did it :)
AmeliaP at 5:55PM, July 25, 2017
(online)
Is it the place to report bugs? I have a major one to report. Not only my comic was deleted, my I was deleted as user. How is it possible?
Ozoneocean at 8:27PM, July 25, 2017
(online)
AmeliaP wrote:
Is it the place to report bugs? I have a major one to report. Not only my comic was deleted, my I was deleted as user. How is it possible?
This is the place :)

Thanks again for reporting it!

For those who don't know, it wasn't a bug, Amelia's account was accidentally deleted when we were getting rid of spam accounts, and I'm very, very sorry that happened.
fallopiancrusader at 8:46AM, Nov. 5, 2017
(offline)
I am having a page order problem on Mindfold. I wanted to put a new page at the very beginning of the comic, so I uploaded it and started the process of moving it to the right spot. After reading Ashtree's post here, I learned that it is apparently impossible to move a page farther than 20 slots in either direction, so my plan to move the page 60 slots wouldn't work. So I gave up and deleted the new page, but now my page order is messed up. Page 61 shows up before page 60 and it won't move. I made sure that the live dates are in the correct order, but that didn't seem to make a difference.
Ozoneocean at 7:22PM, Nov. 5, 2017
(online)
fallopiancrusader wrote:
I am having a page order problem on Mindfold. I wanted to put a new page at the very beginning of the comic, so I uploaded it and started the process of moving it to the right spot. After reading Ashtree's post here, I learned that it is apparently impossible to move a page farther than 20 slots in either direction, so my plan to move the page 60 slots wouldn't work. So I gave up and deleted the new page, but now my page order is messed up. Page 61 shows up before page 60 and it won't move. I made sure that the live dates are in the correct order, but that didn't seem to make a difference.
OK, I'll look at the order.
fallopiancrusader at 8:25AM, Nov. 6, 2017
(offline)
Looks like it's all sorted now. Thanks so much! Is there currently any way for a regular user to do that on their own? I'm a big fan of radical self-reliance
Ozoneocean at 9:14AM, Nov. 6, 2017
(online)
fallopiancrusader wrote:
Looks like it's all sorted now. Thanks so much! Is there currently any way for a regular user to do that on their own? I'm a big fan of radical self-reliance
I know what you mean, but no :(
When sorting sometimes a bug happens and multiple pages get the same index number, which it's impossible for the user to know about, and that causes the pages to sort wrongly.
The only way for a regular user to fix it (other than ask me), would be to pay a programmer directly to fix it.
Sorry man :(
hkmaly at 6:04PM, Dec. 18, 2017
(online)
I've got CSRF error when tried to login using link in header ; was forced to go to login page and login there.
Ozoneocean at 6:31PM, Dec. 19, 2017
(online)
hkmaly wrote:
I've got CSRF error when tried to login using link in header ; was forced to go to login page and login there.
Bizarre!
Thanks for reporting that it will have to be looked into.
it may be related to the case sensitivity issue.
Ozoneocean at 6:35PM, Dec. 19, 2017
(online)
OK, it's unrelated to the case sensitivity bug, it's different. Alexey may have overlooked this login when he was fixing the other bug.
OK, I'll contact him about it.
Ozoneocean at 7:44PM, Dec. 19, 2017
(online)
That's all fixed now!
cookieparty130 at 3:58PM, Feb. 6, 2019
(offline)
I want to add a tenth page to my comic, but it keeps giving initial error screen.
Ozoneocean at 9:13AM, Feb. 7, 2019
(online)
There should be no issue with that.
What's the file type?
Also, did you add a title to the page?
JaymonRising at 8:48PM, March 18, 2019
(offline)
Should I, erm, delete this post/be concerned?
Ozoneocean at 7:50PM, March 20, 2019
(online)
No, please don't. A spammer commented on it which changed the post rank. I deleted the comment along with their account but the ranking doesn't change.
Stahlberg at 6:54AM, June 13, 2019
(offline)
I searched but couldn't find, what does the “NOTE: The total size of your files cannot exceed 20Mb.” mean? Total size of my web comic?
bravo1102 at 7:57AM, June 13, 2019
(offline)
Stahlberg wrote:
I searched but couldn't find, what does the “NOTE: The total size of your files cannot exceed 20Mb.” mean? Total size of my web comic?

Single image/page shouldn't exceed 20 Mb.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon