HA Characters

Redesigning characters
LuchaCoffee at 4:56PM, Nov. 23, 2014
(online)
Hey guys, I have been redesigning characters lately and I wonder how if they are reintroduced into a comic will we explain their new outfits such as Peligroso's?
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

irrevenant at 11:11PM, Nov. 23, 2014
(online)
Superheroes change costumes all the time and, unless there's some major significance behind it, there's really no need to explain the change at all. Peligroso's been wearing that same outfit for a while - maybe he just felt like tweaking it a bit. :)

Some costume changes aremajor, though. Wade West retiring the identity of Kid Canary to become Acrobat had major story significance, as did the moment when Comet Kid adopted that name in respect for his origins and traded in the crossed lightning bolts T-shirt for the one with the comet on it. Similarly Tech's initial costume change to get out from under his mentor's shadow.
So it's really a case-by-case basis thing.
sux wrote:
Hey guys, I have been redesigning characters lately and I wonder how if they are reintroduced into a comic will we explain their new outfits such as Peligroso's?
LuchaCoffee at 3:34AM, Nov. 24, 2014
(online)
Well that is true. The reason I ask is because I redesigned guys like Oscuro who had previously appeared in their original outfit, so I'm just wondering how that is explained…Maybe he joins Rise?
Most of the characters I redesigned were part of the Yet to Appear section :P

irrevenant at 4:34AM, Nov. 24, 2014
(online)
In Oscuro's case, maybe he just realised after his encounter in HA #7 that bright red isn't the best colour for blending into the shadows. :P

I kind of think of the “Yet to appear” section as a bit of a smorgasboard if we're looking for a hero or villain for an upcoming story. :D We really should get around to putting Monsieur Monkey et. al. up there…
LuchaCoffee at 3:52PM, Nov. 24, 2014
(online)
I agree with you there :D

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon