Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Radioplay 2015 - What can YOU do to help?
Ozoneocean at 12:20AM, Jan. 20, 2015
(online)
Hey Kroatzy!
I don't know if it'll be any help or inspiration at all to this project, but in the latest Quackcast Banes, Pitface, Tantz, and I all wrote a Western play together as a 4 way colaborative project:
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/quackcast/episode-202-the-lady-is-a-stranger/

It took just less than 3 hours of faffing about and I think it worked fairly well for a quick project.
I mantion this because plays don't have to be giant monumental projects. If you have the drive you can produce it rather fast.
Obviously ours could benifit from a lot of revision, but it's beter if you can do that later rather then getting hungup halfway through the process.

I thought that'd be a good example, not so much to you but your collaborators here.
Text of the play: http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/176779/
Kroatz at 2:44PM, Jan. 20, 2015
(online)
Hey Ozzy!
Thanks, it'll probably help out with the promotional material.

- - -

Okay people! The join-up date has passed, at least, it has where I'm from. I've been told that time works different in the weird places all of you are from, but I don't believe in all that science fiction bull. I'll send out a little promo message soon. All you writers, keep up the good work, and I'll get to answering those of you that I haven't soon!

We still need more judges!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
Kroatz at 12:25PM, Feb. 5, 2015
(online)
Hello people on the internet. As most of you know, writing is a difficult process. Especially when working on something as awe-inspiring and important as a radioplay. Out of the four writers that have been hard at work, spending their every free moment on writing, only one has managed to create a fully complete script. And it is awesome. But it would be a shame to not give the other three a chance to finish theirs, especially since each of the stories delves into different themes, and different genres.

As Grand Poobah of this year's radioplay, I have discussed it with the writers that have not yet finished their plays, and I've decided to extend the deadline. The new deadline, for the finished versions of their scripts, will be the 20th of february 2015.

We have time, almost 10 months, and I prefer to take plenty of time for each step of this process, to ensure that we end up with the best radioplay(s) we could create, each of us combined!

I am very interested in hearing all of your opinions, if any, and I hope to be able to show you all a number of great scripts soon!

- DJ

- Albert Einstein
gene hole at 11:16AM, Feb. 14, 2015
(online)
fair. there's no rush.
Imitation is the sincerest form of mimicry.
Gunwallace at 11:22PM, March 16, 2015
(offline)
*bump*
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Kroatz at 4:13AM, April 29, 2015
(online)
Hello Internet.
I took the job of organizing and promoting the 2015 Radioplay, and I started it with high hopes. And then the workload of some other things I am required to do tripled, and I don't have time to do anything fun anymore. I've been hoping that this situation would change, and that I could get back to doing Radioplay stuff, but sadly that has not been the case.

I am out. I really want to get this happening, but I've failed at every step so far. If anyone wants to take over, and make the 2015 Radioplay a thing, please do. If not, then I am very sorry to the writers, who have put a lot of their precious time into their stories and have produced something that is amazing.

Sorry everyone, but I just dont have enough time.

- Albert Einstein
Gunwallace at 12:28PM, April 29, 2015
(offline)
Hope you get time to do something fun soon. You kicked the radio play back into life, which was no small feat.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
HippieVan at 9:37PM, April 29, 2015
(online)
Kroatz: It sounds like you have scripts that have already been sent to you, that you could send to a new organizer?
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Kroatz at 7:27AM, April 30, 2015
(online)
Thanks Gunwallace, and sorry.

Both Banes and Gunwallace have written amazing full plays. I wrote one too, but I'm taking that out of the running. I'll keep it in reserve until I can give aiding with the recording of it the same amount of attention that went into writing it.

- Albert Einstein
HippieVan at 12:41PM, April 30, 2015
(online)
Okay. Maybe next week I'll do up a newspost and see if we can find someone (or a few people) to take over. Thanks for all you've done up to now, in any case!
tupapayon at 6:05AM, May 3, 2015
(online)
My dear Kroatz, you made me believe… we all appreciate you and your effort… not having free time sucks. I know about it… let's not stop now…
Ozoneocean at 1:12AM, May 9, 2015
(online)
VinoMas says he will be able to take on the job actually. :D

For reference all prevous DD plays are listenable here:
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/quackcast/episode-147-merry-xmas-dd-radio-play-omnibus-edition/

All previous DD Play comics are linked from there as well.
VinoMas at 1:57AM, May 9, 2015
(offline)
I look forward to working with all parties interested. I've taken a look at the previous comics and listened to parts of the previous radio plays and was really impressed with the 2011, 2012, and 2013 productions. I believe the 2014/2015 production will be equally as fantastic. Can't wait to look at Banes and Gunwallace's newest works and beginning gathering the troops and planning out the events!
HippieVan at 12:57PM, May 9, 2015
(online)
Yay! Vino - I was thinking that if you wanted, I could probably organize the comic side of things if that would make things easier for you.
VinoMas at 10:01AM, May 10, 2015
(offline)
Thanks Hippie! I'm finally seeing this comment. I was looking in your news post not the forum post.

So just a quick update on the DD Radio Play 2014-2015 through my eyes. From what I have read the 2014 Radio Play did not happen and the 2015 Radio Play has still not happened. Kroatz and others have been involved but nothing has been published or recorded for a variety of reasons. Also, just for anyone reading this I have never been involved in a DD Radio play so most of my info is from reading and getting information I've asked Ozone and Hippie. Haven't had a chance to talk with Kroatz yet as we don't know each other (I don't think…I rarely recognize facebook real names to Drunk Duck Avatar handles).

I recently asked to take this on, but I believe we are still at a standstill regarding this project.

My goal in taking this on were the following:

1. We honor 2014's missed season and celebrate 2015's current season with the 2014-2015 DD Radio Plays and adjoining comics. This would include BOTH Banes's and Gunwallace's plays. They would be standalone pieces of work. This ensures nothing being lost over time and a celebration for everything Gunwallace and Banes provide to Drunk Duck.

2. We have a systematic, organized, group of members participating. These members volunteer by sharing in a public profile what their skillset is. What they are willing to do and the time they are willing to commit currently (from a list of choices). I think this is more important than the actual work because it eliminates any prolonged absenses from getting this project completed. I think I proved with The Drunk Duck Fashion Show Forum that it only took a week for an idea to turn into an event where MANY people were (and still are) participating. If you want a job done (with both speed and high quality), then you can count on me.

3. We create the comics first. It's a great way to get to know each other (the original DD play workers and the new members we recruit). There will be a system for creating and producing (and like in the past, each artist's interpretation of the page will come alive with incredible diversity). However, I think Gunwallace and Banes should give us just a few things that we can all tie in together (example one of character's has bright red hair and/or there is always toilet paper sticking on the shoe of the villian)…just to challenge ourselves to be both creative and incorporate similar ideas together.

4. The radio portion of this project seems to be the kicker. After talking to Hippie last night she was excited to hear that I was taking on that part. However, I actually meant taking on the comic part. :/ (play #fail music)….however, I believe that there are people with the tech skills and the time to be able to take this on if again, given systematic small tasks with deadlines. I know auditions is a big part of this project. I'd be curious if anyone is interested to an alternative to auditioning for voice parts (only to make it easier)…or if a group of people would be interested in taking on the audition job. The cool thing is that the comics can be created, celebrated, and familiar before the radio play even is pubished this summer.

5. Until I get further notice about the direction of this project from those involved, then I'm not willing to take it on. I've shown above a clear direction for making it happen in a short amount of time (over the next few months…before 2016). If that is something you would like from me, then I'm willing to do it. I, in no way want to step on any toes or do something that doesn't feel like the reason or purpose of the DD Radio Play and adjoining comic. And my feelings won't be hurt, as I have full confidence that whoever runs this will produce a fantastic piece of Art. If you all do decide to go in a different direction, then I am very interested in being a part of the team as a page artist and a voice actor.

Thanks and apologies for the chapter-long updated report.

:) - VinoMas
last edited on May 10, 2015 10:13AM
VinoMas at 1:08PM, May 17, 2015
(offline)
Hey guys,
We are officially at 7 days since my last Plan of Action post on the Radio Play. No news is not always good news and I'm taking it as we are at a standstill.
With the Drunk Duck Awards and Fashion Forum Pageant coming up his Summer, the radio play sounds like a really good project for this Fall.
Maybe small groups of people could be in charge of different elements of tasks.
Like Janet Jackson said yesterday, “Let's keep the conversation going.”
VinoMas

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon