Networking & Community Projects*

Wanted: International heroes for Heroes Alliance
irrevenant at 3:04PM, Feb. 8, 2016
(online)
In upcoming months Heroes Alliance will deal with a threat that affects the entire world and involves the heroes of many countries. :O

Many of these heroes haven't been invented yet. :) So we thought this would be an awesome opportunity to see who amongst you have hero ideas you'd like to see appear in HA.

For the moment these characters will appear as cameos but we're after characters who can become an ongoing part of the Heroes Alliance setting and be used in future stories as well.

If you wanted to contribute a character, please post descriptions of their name and powers, a short bio and a picture of what they look like in costume in this thread.

We're looking specifically for heroes from the following locations, but if you have ideas for heroes from somewhere else, there's probably a place for them - it's a global threat after all!
  • Brazil
    China
    India
    Egypt

We're anticipating this will mostly be new characters but if you have existing characters who'd fit the bill that you'd like to appear in HA, that's great too.

P.S.  If you wanted to sign up to draw a page or two, that's always welcome, but not at all a requirement for this. :)

Thanks all.
bravo1102 at 6:22AM, Feb. 10, 2016
(offline)
I am developing one for the Peoples Republic of China. Thanks for the inspiration.
cdmalcolm1 at 8:20AM, Feb. 11, 2016
(online)
I can do Egypt if you like. Plus remember I have a character from Jamaica called darkbeauty, who just entered the HA universe via SolarCells comic.

Anyhow. I think I got one developed as I write this. Give me some time for the name. By the way it will be a female.
last edited on Feb. 11, 2016 8:21AM
irrevenant at 11:32PM, Feb. 13, 2016
(online)
Very cool, looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. :)
bravo1102 at 2:03AM, Feb. 17, 2016
(offline)
There are about three pages of text going into more detail about her powers and the like. Very little on her personality. I figure if someone wants to develop her more go ahead. El Cid suggested I make a robofemoid super hero this is the first Earth one. The recent talk about nuidty and sex got me thinking again about how to take the robofemoids into Teen territory. A very important note though is that Wei can easily be mistaken for being 14 she is in fact 10 years older.

last edited on Feb. 17, 2016 5:26AM
irrevenant at 2:19PM, Feb. 19, 2016
(online)
She looks very cool. I have to confess I'm not very familiar with the Robofemoids so I'm currently working through the back issues of your comic. xD

PS. Such a shame you didn't manage to work a word starting with'F' into her name. Would've done wonders for the acronym. :P

bravo1102 at 4:37AM, Feb. 20, 2016
(offline)
Here's the write-up with all her abilities and foibles.

Chinese superhero idea

Three aliens came across a Soviet female Cosmonaut. Finding her the perfect specimen for their project they kidnapped female Russian soldiers from a secret military base to create a beam weapon system based upon a mind controlled human female. They christened it the Robofemoid.
They were only stopped with a nuclear blast. However much of their apparatus was recovered for study by a United Nations Team. One set went to People’s Republic of China.
The Chinese found that the entire process could be duplicated with Earth technology and set about creating a prototype.
The result was the NSFW-5. (the NSFW-1-4 being the alien efforts) The Chinese call the Robofemoid Nuxing shéxian Feng wŭqi or NSFW. The project would be code named Weilan for Azure which was the color of the costume and beam weapon.
Some of the project leaders were otakus and influenced by Japanese Manga and anime.
The subject was an anonymous abandoned girl orphan. Her past is a complete blank and all she remembers is the orphanage. She is very proud at being chosen for this project, of being Chinese and everything about the Peoples Republic of China.
Is convinced the government saved her from death as her own parents had abandoned her to die as an unwanted child.
Will readily admit it is recovered alien technology that of course is denied in the decadent west.
Mixed with native Chinese ingenuity.
Though she appears very young, she is in fact in her mid twenties.
She was initially trained as a translator (diplomatic bodyguard).
The Chinese scientists decided to sidestep the whole issue about being topless for crystal interface by choosing a very modestly breasted young woman.
This also is in response to the decadent West’s obsession with large-breasted super-heroines.
She wears a halter top. The crystal on her chest and the one on her forehead are permanently embedded in her body and are visible. She has a plug in the base of her skull for input from her combat glasses.
Two USB ports.
The combat glasses include an entire head-up display with targeting information and night vision.
She also has an ear piece with microphone that houses the computer for her combat glasses.
The neck piece of the halter has plugs for the silver conduits that run down her arms to the chrome silver beamer bracelets.
The crystals combine to form a crystalline matrix control network. There are four main crystals
Base of brain
Center of forehead between eyes
Base of sternum between her breasts
Base of spine.
Her tight electric blue trousers match the color of her halter with a silver waist band with an additional crystal. Other crystals are on her shoulders, forearms and backs of her hands.
Her left hand is a white glove that needs to be in a fist to fire her beam..
Her right hand is in a white glove and needs to be pointed straight out for the beam..
The left beam is the kill beam,
(incinerate, generates a very high heat on the target burning or melting most materials)
The right hand is the stun beam.
She has long bangs over her forehead to hide the crystal there when not in her battle dress.
The long bangs framing her face often cover her breasts. Another intentional design feature to minimize her being essentially topless.
Wei (her adapted personal name) is barely 5 feet tall. Her costume includes 5 inch heels on boots that match the pants.
Her lower leg is covered in a silver chrome guard like her bracelets.
Project Azure.
This is the codename for her handlers/creation team.
Her location and status is tracked at all times.
Project Azure can access Wei’s sensory data as necessary, though usually she just speaks to them.
In extreme emergency Project Azure can take control of her and run her like the programmed automaton the robofemoids were originally.
When in full battle gear her speech becomes very clipped and mechanical
She will give status reports as necessary.
“NSW-5 systems optimal”
“NSW-5, beamers are at 30% switching to hand to hand.”
“NSW-5 hit from LAW rocket, exo-dermal armor optimal, no damage.”
Can give nomenclature of most weapons systems she has an encyclopedic memory.

When first introduced as Nuxing shéxian wŭqi-5 or NSW-5. have someone say “New wookie”? as it is pronounced new-shing shushen woo-kie.
She would just reply “Simple minded capitalist, Call me Wei” For a simple catchy superhero name Azure Ray will do. Weilan Shexian I like the first syllable so that is my personal name as opposed to my superhero name. Yes?

Powers and abilities
Combat glasses with head-up targeting display with laser rangefinder and ballistic computer. Also have infra-red night vision. USB plugs into back of head with equivalent of Smartphone in her head.
Can access the internet but only sees images on her goggles or a touch screen plugged into head.
Can also access Wi-Fi.
Has a first round hit of 90%
Maximum effective range of beam weapons is 100 meters. Beam power falls off rapidly after that.
Sustained burst is only 3 seconds.
The beams are powered by the amplification of the electrical energy of her nervous system so sustained repeated use of beams can be exhausting. Limit is about 40 beams per 8 hours.
She is an accomplished hand to hand fighter combining various Asian martial arts styles. Her stamina is nearly unlimited if confined to hand to hand fighting.
She has increased strength and agility so can leap 25 feet from standing, and 100 feet from running start. She can leap 12 feet straight up. This allows her to use some movie-style “wire-fu” moves.
Part of this power comes from her 5 inch heels.
Jumping is about halved without heels.
While she does have superior stamina and blindingly fast reaction time, her running speed is no faster than an Olympic runner.
She has exo-dermal armor which is a force field powered by the energy of the neural impulses in her skin.
She is essentially proof against all projectiles short of an anti-tank round and that would only give her a bad bruise and knock her off her feet.
(Mass and velocity equals a large impact. Tank round at 3500 feet per second and a projectile mass of 15 pounds)
She is proof against her own beam weapons and any others of comparable power.
A field disrupter can set up a resonance field that would incapacitate her by disrupting her crystalline matrix control network If the proper frequency it could shatter the crystals and kill her.
Though she is not under a control someone with access to the control equipment could hack her matrix and seize control of her will. She has numerous safeguards against this and if it is done her fail safe system will cause her to fall asleep and await reactivation by her handlers.
She has extensive knowledge of fighting styles and weapons systems and can rattle off specs
Speaks eight languages fluently.
Mandarin
Cantonese
Japanese
English
French
German’
Italian
Spanish
This was actually a result of her education in the Chinese orphanage as a diplomatic aide.

The Acronym has been changed to NSFW. Just had to find a Chinese word that began with F. Feng is abundant so it becomes literally Female ray abundant weapon. It's probably something more poetic like Female weapon ray of abundance.

last edited on Feb. 20, 2016 7:21AM
cdmalcolm1 at 12:11PM, March 3, 2016
(online)
She look so cool. I for one can't wait to draw her. I want to do poster of our new world heroes. I just need a picture of common enemy. Then I'll start.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon