Comic Talk and General Discussion *

A new low. I've just explained my last joke on Reddit..
Bruno Harm at 10:52AM, May 9, 2016
(offline)
What response did I get on my last strip on Reddit?
ELI5
I didn't even know what that meant. I had to google it. Now I've explained the joke which means it must really be terrible. and now I'm just whining about it. Anyone else want to share a low moment in comic making life?
binaryfaye at 11:44AM, May 9, 2016
(online)
I have problems like this all the time. Usually it's people saying my art isn't good enough.

Most recently it was my father asking why I had to have nudity. The nudity in question is the hint of a butt shot, in a hospital scene. (In the first scene of the comic, which I'm fairly certain means he hasn't bothered to read more.)

The benefit of this is I've gotten to a point where I'm tried of defending it. If you don't get it, that's cool. I'm much more okay with exploring avenues that I would have shied away from before.

Genejoke at 1:21PM, May 9, 2016
(online)
Important thing to remember, the internet is full of idiots.
Bruno Harm at 4:46PM, May 9, 2016
(offline)
I know how you feel Binary. I showed my dad my comic, and all he did was talk about some other webcomic he was reading. And basically the point he was making was that I'd get better over time. That's it. no opinion on the idea or the stories so far, just basically bashing the art.
HippieVan at 5:49PM, May 9, 2016
(online)
Aw, that really sucks that your parents aren't supportive, you guys. My dad has always been super into my comic-making.

My low point is just a recurring thing where I take too long to make things, and then by the time I'm actually ready to post something I'm like “wow this looks terrible.”
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon