Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Posting videos?
hansrickheit at 9:57AM, June 9, 2016
(online)
Hello all!

I'm new to The Duck, and hoping someone could help with a minor problem. On my Profile page, it appears that I have the option to put in a video link. I wanted to link to a short animated feature that I made last year, but am having no success. Any clues as to what I might be doing wrong? It works with neither youtube or vimeo, are these prohibited sites?

Here's the video in question: https://vimeo.com/134581092
Ozoneocean at 6:13PM, June 9, 2016
(online)
Welcome to the site man!
Love your comic, love the vid!

I'm not sure the vid links even work at all for anything… We're still currently fixing the site and adding new features (when we can afford it), so I'll have to add that to the list.

Till then (probably a long time), you can try this method:

What I did there was upload a pic to photobucket and use it as a link to a vid I have on Youtube.
It's not the same as embedded video obviously, but it works pretty good as a link to encourage people to view it.

What would be better is a big “play” triangle in the middle… I should have put one in the pic!
hansrickheit at 12:43PM, June 10, 2016
(online)
That's cool. I can wait until that feature is fixed. No rush. Thanks!
thunderdavid at 10:40AM, May 2, 2017
(online)
*Bump. I thought i would bring this back up again. Any news about posting videos?
Ozoneocean at 8:53PM, May 4, 2017
(online)
thunderdavid wrote:
*Bump. I thought i would bring this back up again. Any news about posting videos?
Not yet.
This will be part of the next lot of updates but we'll need to organise funding for it!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon