Networking & Community Projects*

Drunk Duck Awards 2016 - Volunteer Sign Ups
Niccea at 9:55AM, July 2, 2016
(offline)
It is that time again…

At this time we need volunteers to start stepping forward to help get this inebriate mallard into the sky. Here are the two most common positions, what they entail, and how to sign up (different rules for each one.) You can take an as many volunteering duties as you want. No artistic or judging skills necessary.

Presenter

Do you like being in the spotlight? Do you want the everyone to see your art? If so, being a presenter is right for you. The presenters will have the month of August to create their presentation pages for the awards.

Structure
The presentation pages need t have the nominees for the award, and leave a space for the name of the winner to be placed on the page. Some people leave a white space at the bottom and others leave speech bubbles. Either way it is up to you. The only rule regarding the presentation pages is that they have to be viewable by everyone. So, keep the pages PG at the worst and no slanderous/insulting remarks against other users/comics.

There are two ways to sign up to be a presenter this year. Whichever way you sign up to be a presenter please state if you want to do more than one page and any likes or dislikes for the categories. We will try to accommodate. Also, please include an email to be reached at in case the site crashes (not required by encouraged). You can either PQ me or email me at niccea(at)gmail(dot)com. Please include Presenter Signup in the subject line. If you dont wish to provide an email, you can also sign up here.

Judge

Do you like telling other people what you think? Do you quietly observe comics like a stalker in the corner? Consider judging. The judges are the heart and soul of the awards. It is up to them to decide the winners from each category. This is also done during the month of August.

Structure
Judges, though they are not expected to be professional art critics, are required to put some thought behind their decision. The best way for judges to show this is to do a pro and con comparison of the nominees. Though anything is all right as long as it is easy to see that some thought went into picking the winner. Judges are only responsible for reading the last years worth of comics for the nominees. (July 2015 August 2016). The only exception to this is the Best Completed Comic where the judges are encouraged to read the entire comic.

If you already have an account on theJudges Forum. Go ahead and go to the thread set aside for judging sign ups and sign up.
If you havent made an account yet, go ahead and create one. Post here or PQ me with the user name that you have used, so I know to activate the account. From there you can sign up to be a judge for this year on the forum.
Please remember to post on the sign up thread on the other forum, so we know for sure that you are signing up to judge. Genejoke will be our judge wrangler this year, so reach out to him with further questions about judging.

Other Opportunities

If you wish to contribute in any other way, please let me know here or by PQ. Extra pages are always accepted. Do what you do best.

And, as the Animaniacs said, vote for your favorite comics now.
last edited on Aug. 11, 2016 4:31PM
Niccea at 10:08AM, July 2, 2016
(offline)
Here are the categories for this year. We need one presenter per category and 2-3 judges per category with the exception of the User Awards, Readers' Choice Award, Create Your Own Award, and Best Presenter Award

GENRE AWARDS

Best Adventure Comic:
Quests, missions, explorations, and/or other dangerous or exciting ventures.

Best Adult-oriented Comic:
A-rated comics. XXX No one under 18 admitted! Live nudes! Or excessive violence. Or both!

Best All Ages Comic:
Child-friendly comics that the whole family can enjoy.

Best Anthropomorphic Comic:
They act like people and think like people, but they look like foxes or dolphins or toasters.

Best Community Project:
Comics and projects that bring together a variety of DD members for
massive synergy! (DD Awards are not eligible, for giving ourselves an
award would create a paradox vortex from which there is no escape.)

Best Drama:
A story focused on a real world setting and is character-driven with a focus on emotions. Courtroom dramas, medical dramas, crime dramas, romantic dramas, high school dramas (but when is high school not dramatic?), etc.

Best Fantasy Comic:
Magical, mythical, mystical, marvelous. Comics set in fantastical
settings, involving magic or mythical creatures, abilities, or beings.

Best Horror Comic:
The dark, scary, and twisted. Monsters, psychological thrillers, and
ax-wielding psychos all have their place among these wonderfully
horrific comics.

Best Humor Comic:
Gags, jokes, lols, roflmaos, and such. Format and subject matter aren't important. It just has to make you laugh.

Best Mystery/Crime/Noir:
Crime drama, police, mobsters, mysteries, hard-boiled detectives, and/or meddling kids.

Best Parody/Tribute:
Comics that use the characters, worlds, or creations of other creators. It's not copyright infringement! It's an homage!

Best Philosophical/Political Comic:
Make-you-think comics that address deep topics from the spiritual and philosophical to the cultural or political.

Best Sci-fi Comic:
A form of speculative fiction so named because the fantastical
elements are rooted in or explained by actual or fictional scientific
theory.

Best Superhero Comic:
Too super for other categories.

~~~~~

STYLE AWARDS

Best Action Within A Comic :
Chase scenes, fights, big explosions; CRASH POW ZOOM – you know the stuff

Best Manga Style Comic:
Comics inspired by the artistic style and conventions of Japanese cartooning.

Most Deliciously Offensive:
These f can be good, bad, or other.

~~~~~

USER AWARDS
Outstanding Achievement Within the Community:
The
user that will win this award is always there to particpate in the
community no matter what. These people show their support for the site
within the forums and by participating in community projects.

Most Dedicated Creator:
That creator who seems to be a page-making machine, every day on
time – or maybe the one who has been at it forever and has a thousand
pages of the most amazing quality – or the one who is updating five
different regular comics on a schedule. Whatever they are doing, they
sure are DEDICATED.

Most Supportive Reader:
Maybe they leave the most comments or the most insightful ones, or
they draw wonderful fanart, or they are always available to discuss your

script ideas or send you cards when you're on hiatus.

**Best Newcomer Award
Awarded to a newcomer who has come to the site who has really stood out. They could be creators or dedicated readers

~~~~~

THE BIG ONES

Best Completed Comic:
Comics that were concluded sometime between July 2015 and now. (Indefinite hiatus doesn't count.)

Best Overall Comic Strip:
Best webcomic with stand-alone updates or short, unrelated story arcs, usually in a horizontal or vertical strip format.

Best Overall Story Comic:
Best webcomic that tells a continuous story, usually in full page format.

~~~~~

Create Your Own Award
Didn't see the proper award for the comic/person you were thinking of on this
list? Make one up. Create your own award and give it a winner. Best
awards will be chosen by a dedicated team of judges.
Last call to make changes to categories (and to help with a short description for the Drama A.ward)

~~~~~

OTHER AWARDS

Readers' Choice Award: Presented to the comic that received the most votes overall.

Best Presenter Award: Created last year, and presented after the regular awards. Readers vote for their favorite presenter.
bravo1102 at 10:41PM, July 2, 2016
(offline)
I'm pretty sure none of my comics can or will be nominated so I can judge and present anything! We may even see the return of Two Stick Figures drawn on Notebook Paper.
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Drunk_Duck_Awards_2013/5448608/
Call Me Tom at 10:41PM, July 2, 2016
(offline)
I'm willing to do presenting.
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
jgib99 at 1:00AM, July 3, 2016
(online)
I'll be more than happy to do a few presentations.
usedbooks at 4:21AM, July 3, 2016
(online)
I'll judge. Starting with a couple categories. (I prefer technical award judging.) But I might be able to run back-up and tie-breaking.
KimLuster at 5:38AM, July 5, 2016
(online)
RL still has me a little busy, so put me up to Judge 2 comics and Present 2 comics for now… I'll be open for more if time opens up and there are some unfilled
strixvanallen at 12:23PM, July 8, 2016
(online)
As always, I can judge. I'll promise to present just one category because my life is a little weird atm, and I don't now if I'll have the time for more than one presentation. If there's any need for emergency presentations, I may step up if I happen to be available.
ashtree house at 10:16AM, July 12, 2016
(offline)
I can present as well, I am not much of a judge so I think I will steer clear of that. I am going to be away for all of September so I better stick to 1 page for presenting for now, no preference on category.
last edited on July 12, 2016 10:17AM
Zac at 8:57AM, July 14, 2016
(online)
Hey Niccea,

I'm happy to do a presentation or two this year again. Let me know what you need and I'm down to do it.

Call Me Tom at 12:02AM, Aug. 5, 2016
(offline)
What the hech add me to the list to judge.
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
Genejoke at 3:40AM, Aug. 5, 2016
(online)
Aweosme sause, can you head on over to the judges forum and make sure you're signed up there, please?

http://www.justnopoint.com/drunkduck/forum/index.php

How many categories are you willing to judge? And is there anything you would like to avoid? Naturally you won't be assigned to judge anything you have a comic nominated for.
irrevenant at 1:20AM, Aug. 6, 2016
(online)
Sure, what the hey, I'll judge anything.

I went to sign up at JNP's forum, but apparently my application needs to be vetted before I'm allowed to post anything there…
Genejoke at 12:20AM, Aug. 7, 2016
(online)
You should be good to go now.
tupapayon at 12:24PM, Aug. 7, 2016
(online)
What's still needed?…

Genejoke at 1:23PM, Aug. 7, 2016
(online)
presenters and judges.
http://www.justnopoint.com/drunkduck/forum/index.php
Mika_yi at 8:50AM, Aug. 11, 2016
(offline)
I'd love to try my hand at the presentation thing.

I never got up here in time to help out, and I mainly stay quite, but I'd like to this year if possible. ^-^
Niccea at 4:22PM, Aug. 11, 2016
(offline)
I will be sending out presentation assignments on Saturday. I have about 20 slots left, so please sign up.
Banes at 4:59PM, Aug. 11, 2016
(offline)
I will take four presentation pages

usedbooks at 5:26PM, Aug. 11, 2016
(online)
Give me a page. I'll make some time to contribute.
Udyr at 6:53AM, Aug. 12, 2016
(online)
I'm not sure how this works, does one draw a page that tells who won?
Maybe I could contribute as a presenter but i'd have to know a bit more what its supposed to be, could it be just anything and with any character or new made up ones?
last edited on Aug. 12, 2016 6:54AM
usedbooks at 7:14AM, Aug. 12, 2016
(online)
You can look at last year's presentations:

dd awards 2015

You include the finalists and leave a space for Niccea to add the winner. Aside from that, it's all up to you on how to present.
Udyr at 9:35AM, Aug. 12, 2016
(online)
Ah right checked it now it looks fun, I can present something (:
Niccea at 10:40AM, Aug. 13, 2016
(offline)
Presentation assignments have been sent out. I still have 2 more categories that need presenting and then another 10 “soft” presentations. (non comic awards, awards where the winner won by default, etc.) Really if anyone wants to pump out all 4 user awards on one page, that would be great.
last edited on Aug. 13, 2016 3:49PM
Mika_yi at 6:46PM, Aug. 13, 2016
(offline)
thank you so much, I'm excited I can participate this year.

Oh and if they aren't due till the same time or around the same time I can possible do another presentation page, or soft presentation to help out.
Dragonaur at 11:00PM, Aug. 13, 2016
(offline)
What'z the due date on the presentations? I can probably pick up one or glob together a few.
Niccea at 5:08PM, Aug. 14, 2016
(offline)
The presentations (and judging) are due on September 24th.
El Cid at 7:55AM, Aug. 16, 2016
(online)
Hey, I didn't get a presentation assignment!

I volunteered on the Justnopoint site.
Dragonaur at 9:59PM, Aug. 16, 2016
(offline)
Toss me one then. I think I can manage a page or so. Might be simply pencil. I've had wicked allergies this year. Send a PQ. System seems to be working nicely.
Internecinevisuals at 11:03AM, Sept. 4, 2016
(online)
Heyo! I'm totally down to present and judge if needed!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon