Networking & Community Projects*

We are the duck comic jam 5 ideas and discussion.
Genejoke at 2:08AM, Oct. 16, 2016
(online)
Comic jam 4 is just beginning to get underway but I think for the next one I'd like to switch things up a little, but I'm not sure how.

I'm thinking of perhaps putting more restrictions on it to help guide the story,

Or perhaps remove the page count and do a free form comic.

Another idea is to come up with a bunch of characters to use and then throw them into a story.

Another ides is to write a rough plot as a story guide, perhaps even break it down to pages and let the people fill in the blanks. The difficulty would be striking a balance to keep a coherent story and not stifling creativity. It couldnt be a script more like a vague instruction on the page.

Example.

P1

Marty meets the doc. The doc reveals his mcguffin.

P2
Marty expresses doubts. The doc show's him.

P3
Marty is amazed and trides to take control of or.

P4
Marty uses the mcguffin to do X
the doc curses Marty for being a fool and reveals the dangers.

P5

Marty enjoys the power of x

P6
Something goes wrong and x puts Marty in danger.

P7
The doc appears with mcguffin alpha and saves the day but Marty has already lost his….

End.

Anyway, any thoughts on these ideas or fresh ones are welcome.

KimLuster at 6:48AM, Oct. 17, 2016
(online)
I think it'd be interesting… You could maybe consider forcing the Mood to remain a certain way… Dark, or moody, or humorous…!
Genejoke at 2:15PM, Oct. 17, 2016
(online)
indeed, or force the setting/genre to remain a constant.
ashtree house at 2:59PM, Oct. 17, 2016
(offline)
I like the idea of a script, it could be a good challenge for everyone to make a coherent story that really flows from one page to the next. It's easy for people like me who get brain dead and stuck on ideas. A free form comic with no page count might be interesting too, haha just shuffle the pages and see what happens. In any case, I want to participate this time around!!
bravo1102 at 8:45PM, Oct. 17, 2016
(offline)
Well you could always take my place in Jam 4.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon