Comic Talk and General Discussion *

If they made a video game of your comic what would it be like?
meemjar at 5:06AM, May 22, 2017
(offline)
This discussion came up before. Say what your comic would be like and even voice an opinion of other peoples comic on this site.

I think if they did a video game of ‘Charby the Vampirate’ it would work best as a grim version of ‘The SIMS’.

Harkovast would work best as a ‘World of Warcraft’ or ‘Diablo’ type game.

Jerrie does a strip called “Jay's internet fight club.” which would work as a ‘Mortal Kombat’ or ‘Street Fighter’ game.

My own comic ‘Smorty Smythe’ would work best as a ‘Jak & Daxter’ type platform adventure/fight game.

Any others out there to make an addition?
last edited on May 22, 2017 5:11AM
Ozoneocean at 9:42AM, May 22, 2017
(online)
HAHAHA! Charby as a sims game! YES! That fits so well :D

Pinky TA would be an adventure game like Tomb Raider, but with some FPS elements… I know, Pinky TA would be like Mass Effect! Exactly like that- an interactive movie pretty much, with a disappointing third act series ending and buggy sequels.
KimLuster at 10:19AM, May 22, 2017
(online)
I have so little experience with these things… I did play the Fable RPG some, so maybe the Godstrain would be like that (lots of social stuff, marriages, NPC interaction) but also lots of story driven action), just modern instead of fantasy, and sci-fi like power instead of magic!!
last edited on May 22, 2017 10:20AM
El Cid at 3:46PM, May 22, 2017
(online)
I could definitely see either Transneptunian or Death P#rn being adapted into an open world Grand Theft Auto kind of game, where you can dip your toes in and out of a number of running plot threads or just wander around aimlessly creating chaos.

Hmm, I'd see Godstrain as an action puzzle game. If that's even a thing.
bravo1102 at 5:02PM, May 22, 2017
(offline)
I was thinking of a Robofemoids game where the player is Bob or Theda. In the first stage you have to chase and capture subjects and then add a varying set of abilities to send them to get more subjects to convert and tackle more and more difficult levels. Naturally the last level is where you face off against other Robofemoids like in the second comic. It's almost as if this was all considered when creating the franchise. (I'll never tell)

And of course Interstellar Blood Beasts is one of those first person shooter things with a plot.
last edited on May 22, 2017 5:05PM
KimLuster at 8:54AM, May 23, 2017
(online)
El Cid wrote:
…Hmm, I'd see Godstrain as an action puzzle game. If that's even a thing.

Like Myst? Hrmmmm… :)
usedbooks at 12:18PM, May 23, 2017
(online)
I think of Uncharted as an action puzzle game (mostly action) and Portal as an action puzzle game (mostly puzzle). There are also adventure puzzle games. I'm kinda addicted to them, especially the mystery/crime themed ones. They have puzzles in the forms of weird locking mechanisms or hidden object scenes or even logic puzzles linked together with story and cinimatics. I love those and also interactive novels, where most of it is choosing dialogue or actions (especially with puzzle parts) like 999 (and sequels) on the Nintendo DS.

I'd probably put Used Books into one of those genres because it is so heavy on characters/dialogue.

(On that note, I started writing a Used Books interactive novel in html a few years ago. http://www.curiousv.com/usedbooks/cyoa/)
stinger9 at 1:13PM, May 23, 2017
(offline)
Action RPG all the way! You know, the kind with actual movement controls, none of that stuck to the ground stuff. Although, it's probably be stuck with some Kojima style hour-long cutscenes!
Although, point-and-click adventure would be kind of interesting too, I imagine most of my characters would have snarky things to say about mundane objects!

And on the subject of others, looking through favourites, Monster Soup's whole setup almost feels like it would probably be another good candidate for a Sims style of game!
And on the finished/dead comic front, Elijah and Azuu, I could imagine a game just based around fighting for souls, either fighting game style, or maybe even one of those mini-game collections kind of things (Guess the latter would make more sense really!).
And lastly, one likely forgotten one, which has had almost all it's images wiped, Kombat Kubs. Well, I mean, the premise as a whole is basically just an offensive MK tournament fighter!
fallopiancrusader at 7:16AM, May 27, 2017
(offline)
Mindfold would be remarkably similar to Horizon Zero Dawn.

Rimjob goes in the opposite direction, since it is a comic book that parodies a video game (Skyrim).

GirlsquadX would be a cross between Grand Theft Auto and Barbie Dress-up, where your success in completing missions would depend on the fashion sense of the outfit you were wearing at the time.
last edited on May 27, 2017 7:20AM
meemjar at 1:23PM, May 29, 2017
(offline)
I think ‘Usedbooks’ strip would also be a SIMS game.
usedbooks at 3:39PM, May 31, 2017
(online)
meemjar wrote:
I think ‘Usedbooks’ strip would also be a SIMS game.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon