Tips and Tricks/Support *

Posting pages out of sequence?
hansrickheit at 9:07AM, July 18, 2017
(online)
There's probably a very simple and obvious way to do this, but I haven't sussed it.

My ongoing long-form comic COCHLEA & EUSTACHIA is up to 67 pages. There's a three-page sequence that I've just drawn that I want to insert into the story between pages 35 and 38. How do I go about accomplishing this?
KimLuster at 10:11AM, July 18, 2017
(online)
I'd like to know too!
El Cid at 8:25PM, July 18, 2017
(online)
I don't think you can.

You use those “Up” and “Down” arrows to scoot your pages up and down, but for whatever reason, you can't move your pages beyond the page break in the Control Panel display. I'm sure an admin could do it for you, and they could probably temporarily “solve” the problem by not breaking up the Control Panel display into separate pages.
Ozoneocean at 8:29PM, July 19, 2017
(online)
That page break shits me.
I CAN do it for you. It's hard work because I have to renumber all the pages after them in their index individually- search the pages, open each page, renumber and save each one (IN ORDER), all the way down to the most recent page.
Hahaha
It's terrible.
But I will certainly do it for your comic :)

I haven't had to do it in a while.
hansrickheit at 1:56PM, July 20, 2017
(online)
NO. I thank you for the offer, but I'd rather do it myself. I'll attempt it in a week or so….
Ozoneocean at 8:20PM, July 20, 2017
(online)
Are you sure?
I haven't done it in a while so I don't mind the challenge ^_^
KimLuster at 9:58AM, July 21, 2017
(online)
For all the Godstrain chapter headers, I've taken a classic work of art and parodied/mangled it…!! It's bothered me for a while that the Very First Chapter doesn't have one!!

If you were to add a mangled piece to my First Chapter, does that mean you'd have to renumber EVERY SINGLE PAGE of my comic? What would happen to all the comments, etc?

It honestly sounds like waaaaaay too much work for you, so I'll refuse an offer as well, but I'm just curious!
Ozoneocean at 6:38AM, July 25, 2017
(online)
Yep to put a new page into an archive I have to renumber all the pages that come after it- not the ones before.
This means that the earlier on it is (page 1 to 10 for example)m the harder it is and vice versa.

It's basically: Search you page archive, click on the page, wait for it to load, change its number and then you have to add the file extension type and the comic name before saving the change - because both those fields are empty for some reason and it won't let you save changes till both are filled.
So you save it and then move onto the next one and do it all over again, and again, and again… :)

I HAD to do that for comics that had their archives messed up by a previous bug in DD, so I'm used to it.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon