Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Project Wonderful is Gone?
MegaRdaniels at 9:30PM, Aug. 6, 2018
(online)
What happened? When I went over to plan to advertise my webcomic, the website does not show. Is Project Wonderful gone?

How can I advertise my webcomic without it?
Ozoneocean at 2:17AM, Aug. 7, 2018
(online)
Yeah, it sux :(

I have Alexey working on a new add system for DD but he's taking ages for some reason.
Genejoke at 7:04AM, Aug. 7, 2018
(online)
MegaRdaniels wrote:
What happened? When I went over to plan to advertise my webcomic, the website does not show. Is Project Wonderful gone?

How can I advertise my webcomic without it?

There are still ways to advertise, sadly I don't know of a good alternative to PW if one exists. Google and facebook have advertising options but I've never looked at costs.

Should the DD advertising get done I have no idea what form that may take. Maybe users will be able to pay for advertising? Still that's limited to this site and ideally you want a bigger scope. Obviously there's other webcomic sites and reddit etc.

Perhaps if there isn't an alternative to PW, perhaps some of us Duck folks could find a way ro make one?
MegaRdaniels at 10:08AM, Aug. 8, 2018
(online)
I think I may do it the old fashion way until this ad group is created
Author_Ninja at 9:48AM, Sept. 4, 2018
(online)
MegaRdaniels wrote:

What is the old fashioned way? I've been trying to figure out advertising since coming back and Project Wonderful was my go-to back in the day.
MegaRdaniels at 9:36AM, Sept. 7, 2018
(online)
Author_Ninja wrote:
MegaRdaniels wrote:

What is the old fashioned way? I've been trying to figure out advertising since coming back and Project Wonderful was my go-to back in the day.

Like networking, google ads, etc, etc. Hell, I used to do read for reads and such.

But I'm thinking about making a vidcomic on YouTube.
Ozoneocean at 12:39AM, Sept. 8, 2018
(online)
I thought the old fashioned way was walking around wearing a sandwich board and shouting in the streets while einng a bell… “Hear yet, hear ye! My comic has updated! Read it while it's hot!”
Lightfoot at 2:07AM, Sept. 8, 2018
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
I thought the old fashioned way was walking around wearing a sandwich board and shouting in the streets while einng a bell… “Hear yet, hear ye! My comic has updated! Read it while it's hot!”

I thought the old-fashioned way was to carve it into rock somewhere people would see it?
Ozoneocean at 6:09AM, Sept. 8, 2018
(online)
Lightfoot wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:

I thought the old-fashioned way was to carve it into rock somewhere people would see it?
Haha! That's not promotion though 😂

I've seen a lot of that here in Greece though 😂
MegaRdaniels at 12:42PM, Sept. 8, 2018
(online)
Well crap I'm doing it wrong! Well gotta do it the ancient way: slapping my comic in people's faces and scream…JAWBREAKERS!
Digital_Genesis at 1:08PM, Sept. 12, 2018
(offline)
Any word on a new way to advertise on the website?
MegaRdaniels at 8:21PM, Sept. 12, 2018
(online)
Well there is Facebook and Twitter. What I also learned to do is emailing TWC to advertise my webcomic on that site.
MegaRdaniels at 8:52PM, Sept. 12, 2018
(online)
infiniteforces wrote:
Any word on a new way to advertise on the website?

Have you joined the Duck Webcomics facebook group? I think you can share your work there I think.
Digital_Genesis at 8:32AM, Sept. 13, 2018
(offline)
@MegaRdaniels,

Thanks for the tips. I do Facebook from time to time and it works pretty well. I will still Miss Porject Wonderful. I wonder if the Duck has considered joining BidGlass. They are pretty similar. https://bid.glass
JustNoPoint at 12:23PM, Sept. 13, 2018
(online)
With PW gone I legit have no idea how to advertise on larger scales. Spamming my Facebook groups is fine and all but when that’s all people do it turns into background noise. Plus it’s still limited to the people you’re spamming towards. It was much nicer to have a servic dedicated to spamming on other people’s sites for you! And it was a neat interactive thing seeing who’d be advertised on your own ads. It feels like most of the tools and sites to promote a decade back are all dead. I have so many dead partnership links and PW links I’ll have to clean up on my site when I go back to updating it’s rediculous!!!

So yeah, already missing PW and I don’t even need it yet! :p
MegaRdaniels at 5:54AM, Sept. 14, 2018
(online)
JustNoPoint wrote:
With PW gone I legit have no idea how to advertise on larger scales. Spamming my Facebook groups is fine and all but when that’s all people do it turns into background noise. Plus it’s still limited to the people you’re spamming towards. It was much nicer to have a servic dedicated to spamming on other people’s sites for you! And it was a neat interactive thing seeing who’d be advertised on your own ads. It feels like most of the tools and sites to promote a decade back are all dead. I have so many dead partnership links and PW links I’ll have to clean up on my site when I go back to updating it’s rediculous!!!

So yeah, already missing PW and I don’t even need it yet! :p

That is so true. It's sad really.
MegaRdaniels at 5:54AM, Sept. 14, 2018
(online)
infiniteforces wrote:
@MegaRdaniels,

Thanks for the tips. I do Facebook from time to time and it works pretty well. I will still Miss Porject Wonderful. I wonder if the Duck has considered joining BidGlass. They are pretty similar. https://bid.glass

Is it easy to use?
MegaRdaniels at 5:55AM, Sept. 14, 2018
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:

Have you thought joining bidglass?
Digital_Genesis at 11:55AM, Sept. 14, 2018
(offline)
MegaRdaniels wrote:
infiniteforces wrote:
@MegaRdaniels,

Is it easy to use?

Not quite as easy as Project Wonderful because it uses this weird impressions per dollar ratio thing when you bid, but other than that, it's pretty identical. I like it for what it is. I think Smack Jeeves uses it if you want to see it.
MegaRdaniels at 8:10PM, Sept. 14, 2018
(online)
infiniteforces wrote:
MegaRdaniels wrote:
infiniteforces wrote:
@MegaRdaniels,

Is it easy to use?

Not quite as easy as Project Wonderful because it uses this weird impressions per dollar ratio thing when you bid, but other than that, it's pretty identical. I like it for what it is. I think Smack Jeeves uses it if you want to see it.

So…how do you use it. Because wow is it hard lol.
Ozoneocean at 6:48AM, Oct. 11, 2018
(online)
You can now advertise on DD for 2$ a day in ALL regions.

You can have every single ad slot for the whole month for the special price of $150.

Go here: https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/news/2018/oct/11/advertising-with-us/

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon