Tips and Tricks/Support *

How do you advertise?
Author_Ninja at 2:13AM, Sept. 6, 2018
(online)

The answer used to be Project Wonderful, but with that being gone I have no idea how to promote my comic. How do you get the word out, especially on a budget? I've been out of the game so long I don't know where to go to find active communities to advertise to.
nitelini at 10:53AM, Sept. 6, 2018
(online)
It would be really nice to know this. What has been a sucess for me (on other websites) it's engaging with comunity, exchange something for something on the forums (readings, likes, coments) always pointing that is no needed to subscribe, If my material is good enough and appealing people will stick around.

Also keep posting regularly and try to avoid dissappearing, but don't over engage comunity cause you could end up being annoying. That's all I know for now, I've been trying the game of social media, but I still can't get it
Ozoneocean at 4:28PM, Sept. 6, 2018
(online)
Alexey has made a prototype design for the add system here but it's not live yet :(
It had some bugs to iron out but he got sick and couldn't finish it. Then I went away to Greece and can't afford to pay for it yet
zblock at 11:37AM, Oct. 4, 2018
(offline)
Yeah, I'd really like to get some skinny on where the results are. I've advertised on FB with very little impact. Spent a few hundred bucks…. whomp whomp.
Jcom at 3:05PM, Oct. 31, 2018
(offline)
I will never recommend Facebook as a platform, heck even Instagram might be tough. But hey, we are all in this for the long haul, am I right?

I am trying the method of posting on several platforms a few days each week, although I wonder if I should do everyday. But the multiple platform sounds like a better idea. Maybe. Discuss.
Ozoneocean at 12:58AM, Nov. 1, 2018
(online)
We have a few advertising options on DD now: https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/news/2018/oct/25/advertising-on-dd-available-plus-a-special-deal/
rickrudge at 6:13PM, March 18, 2020
(offline)
Hello Author_Ninja,

I know this is an old thread, but I thought that I’d put in my two cents. I’ve been trying to find some of my graphics on Google Images that would link people to Drunk Duck without much success.

One thing that has seemed to work for me has been where you create a banner/signature for the Duck forums. There’s other Forum threads that will explain how you do this. The Graphic itself has the hyperlink included, so I think that Google finds that easier. You also need to post in the forums. If you have new webcomics, and you change your signature/banner, those past postings get updated too.

I post on Instagram. Remember in the text area, that you should type in the hyperlink where they can get to your comic posting. And, don’t forget to add #duckwebcomics to the text so that the image will be included to the duckwebcomics area too. Instagram is now owned by Facebook so your posting can automatically be added to your Facebook posting.

Another thing you can do, is add links to your comics at https://archivebinge.com/
The banners don’t hang around on their front page for very long (it doesn’t do it on DD either), but people can find your stuff by searching the criteria that you assign to them.

I’ve heard about Drunk Duck’s advertising, but I haven’t tried that yet. Someday, I’ll try it. Best of luck.

— Rick Rudge

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon