Comic Talk and General Discussion *

I can't even start :/
Yulia Bagel at 6:18AM, Nov. 12, 2018
(offline)
hello there!

soo, I've been hosting my comic on webtoons and Tapas so far and wanted to branch out.. but bc I liked the mobile format, my comic is in the usual Webtoons style, aka a long stripe and not pages.

can I even upload it here??

if not.. do you know of any other hosting sites where I actually can upload it?

if you don't know what I mean, or just wanna give my comic a read, heres the link ~

Amelius at 7:13AM, Nov. 12, 2018
(offline)
Did you try uploading any yet? This page of The Gloom for example is like 30,000 pixels tall, looking at yours it seems quite possible as the update I looked at was just a few hundred px under that. It will just resize the page width a bit (960 is the current limit) but I don't think it will effect readability that much. Hopefully you won't have to break up sequences at all, I have no idea what the upper limit for page tallness is, the tallest page I ever did was 5724px and that was before limits were imposed!

DD does take suggestions in this thread if you have any. We're trying to move ever closer to a webcomic site that accommodates all sorts of formats, and new ideas are welcome.
As for other sites… it seems like you're on the 2 sites that really cater to infinite canvas format already! (Well there's Deviant Art but that really is not that great for comic archive reading, even if it'll let you upload something absolutely enormous)
rickrudge at 6:35PM, Nov. 12, 2019
(offline)
On Webtoons and Tapas you can post multiple graphics on one page. A lot of people like this, especially with Internet devices.

The Drunk Duck does a page at a time. This is the format that I prefer; more like a hardcopy printed comic book.

However, you can use your graphics/paint program to extend the top image vertically, increasing it in size and then copy & paste those other graphic parts into the elongated image and then upload that onto Drunk Duck as one page.

I have converted some of my web comix from Tapas to here on the Duck.

Drako the Barbarian in Balls Out on the Silk Route
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Balls_Out_on_the_Silk_Route/

Tag Forester in When it Rains it Pours
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Tag_Forester_in_When_it_Rains_it_Pours/

and some others of my web comix. I hope that this helps

— Rick Rudge
last edited on Nov. 27, 2019 4:25PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon