Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Discussion on future tech and society - Monday Musing - Surgery for bionic powers!
sunseeker25 at 5:08PM, Nov. 12, 2018
(offline)

Here's the topic for today - please share your thoughts in a comment!

I may or may not be in the minority, but I don't feel that I need “superpowers”, beyond anything that serves to keep me alive. If we assume for a moment that there isn't equivalent equipment that does the same thing as bionics (meaning, that you don't need surgery for) , I would only be interested in things that gave me increased resistance to harm or that would heal me faster than normal. By definition, this would also keep me from aging, as aging is based on harm to my body. Things like super speed, super strength, or other powers are not something I presently feel I would want to undergo surgery for - but I reserve the right to change my mind in the future, especially if the world itself changes to something that I might need these things for.
Ozoneocean at 7:05PM, Nov. 13, 2018
(online)
No ageing and repairing of injury sounds great, but I'm not sure I'd like “superpowers” due to something being implanted… Sounds dangerous.
I think I'd rather have it associated with something external, like a glove or powersuit.

sunseeker25 at 5:05PM, Nov. 19, 2018
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
No ageing and repairing of injury sounds great, but I'm not sure I'd like “superpowers” due to something being implanted… Sounds dangerous.
I think I'd rather have it associated with something external, like a glove or powersuit.

That is pretty much exactly how I feel.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon