Networking & Community Projects

DD Bikini Dodgeball 2019
cresc at 1:59PM, March 27, 2019
(offline)
Years ago we did a community dodgeball comic jam. We couldn't come up with any good rules, nobody wanted to eliminate each other, but we all had a lot of fun with it. Is there any interest in doing this again?

This is what I have in mind:

Creators can come up with a brand new character, or volunteer a cast member of their comic. We pick a sport and divide the characters into roughly even teams. The teams take turns, but anybody can contribute art to either side.

For example, it is Team A's turn to be on offense. An artist wants to draw this page but their character is on Team B. They could have them blocking Team A's offense. Now it's Team B's turn, the same artist can contribute another page where the character goes on offense. Of course, it's totally fine just to riff off each other too.

Ultimately I thought we could turn it into a coloring book for DD.
last edited on March 27, 2019 6:28PM
ozoneocean at 8:09PM, April 2, 2019
(online)
I can barely keep up with my own stuff, but It'd be nice to see people revive dodgeball :D

ShaRose49 at 5:46AM, April 15, 2019
(offline)
This could be fun. I may or may not be able to participate a little depending how much art needs to be done
bravo1102 at 8:28AM, April 15, 2019
(offline)
This might jump start my work again. Hell, I am still milking the DD awards.

And I would draw. Can't cast that many figures. 😉
IronHorseComics at 5:15PM, April 15, 2019
(online)
Hmmm, sounds like a lot of fun actually, I can either volunteer Zoey for it or create a super adorable little girl who turns out to be an absolute terror on the court or field, because that sort of thing if done correctly, can be really funny.

If we pick a sport other than dodgeball, field hockey would be pretty fun.
cresc at 11:36AM, April 16, 2019
(offline)
Okay great! Hopefully, we'll get some momentum and more people will join.

So let's agree on a sport. The problem with Dodgeball was that artists didn't want to eliminate or be eliminated. I'm good with the Field Hockey suggestion. I'll also suggest American Football or Volleyball as possible sports.

So let's start with a character introduction! I'm excited for the return of Ingrid the Swiss Dodgebot.

IronHorseComics at 3:32PM, April 16, 2019
(online)
Basketball would be another good option.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Google+