Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Reviewing Your Comics!
Digital_Ink_Stories at 2:05PM, May 3, 2019
(offline)
Recently, I noticed that a lot of comics on here don't have many likes, if any at all, despite having a ton of time and effort put into them. Even most of the Featured Comics on the site only get an average of 10 likes. So I thought I'd make a forum post where people could drop their own works in the replies, and I could check ‘em out, telling the things I like and possibly even giving my own constructive criticism on it about how it could be better! So comment some of your own works below, and I’ll check ‘em out!

Also, if anyone’s interested, a friend and I recently started a webcomic of our own. I don't wanna say too much about it, because I want the focus of this post to be reviewing your comics, but I will just say that the synopsis is in the description of the cover page. https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Reviere/

NOTE: As dead as this thread might seem, I promise that I *will* eventually respond to it. It may take me a while, but I'll always respond. So please be patient with me. ^^'
last edited on Sept. 1, 2019 9:13AM
BustyLaroo at 3:44PM, May 3, 2019
(offline)
I'll bite :D

My comic is Angels of the Fallen, the tale of a young woman and her friends, and their quest to save their world.

I update mondays and thursdays, rated pg-13.

Comic found here!
Digital_Ink_Stories at 9:36PM, May 3, 2019
(offline)
BustyLaroo wrote:
I'll bite :D

My comic is Angels of the Fallen, the tale of a young woman and her friends, and their quest to save their world.

I update mondays and thursdays, rated pg-13.

Comic found here!
So far, I'm only into the first chapter, but I have to say I REALLY enjoy this comic so far. And I like how the majority of that first chapter is only told through the narration of Kayla herself. It's a really good way to explain the setting, and without it, I really don't think I'd have liked it as much as I did. I also really like how you did such a great job blending modern-day elements and D&D-style fantasy elements. Two things that seem like they could never go together, and yet you found a way. I really like that!

On top of that, the artstyle is very good. Although just a tip, and it's a thing that happens to my friend and I all the time, is that sometimes I feel like Kayla's eyes are a little too high on her head. This isn't the case in EVERY panel, but in quite a few, I feel like they're just slightly too high. Other than that one small detail though, I think the comic is outstanding so far, and I really wanna follow along with it in my own freetime. I can definitely see the reason it was this week's featured comic. :)
BustyLaroo at 8:20AM, May 4, 2019
(offline)
Ahhh my eternal struggle with Kayla's face… LOL Thank you for pointing that out, I'll be sure to be aware of it.

Otherwise, thank you for your kind words! Urban fantasy is one of my favorite genres, and putting fantasy elements in modern day settings has always fascinated me. :D Always feel free to leave comments and constructive criticism, I crave feedback lol
Wrathborne at 11:24PM, May 5, 2019
(online)
Eh, why not.

Breached
A Smartass named Shasta wakes up in another reality with monsters, and lunatics.
GearDrag0n at 8:18AM, May 6, 2019
(offline)
guess I'll just drop this here

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Legion_of_Darkness/5552403/
Digital_Ink_Stories at 10:53AM, May 6, 2019
(offline)
Wrathborne wrote:
Eh, why not.

Breached
A Smartass named Shasta wakes up in another reality with monsters, and lunatics.

This is another one I really like. The story so far is really interesting, and the main character is really enjoyable. The humor is also really well placed, and actually made me chuckle at a few points (favorite one so far was the “Guess that makes me Irish” one). The setting, too, is really interesting, and I really feel like the black-and-white color scheme really supports the setting.

Honestly, I don't much, if any, constructive criticism to give. The artstyle doesn't have any flaws I could notice, and the story isn't far enough in for me to say anything about it (although once again, what IS there is very good so far). Honestly, it's got me hooked so far, and I can't wait to see where this story ends up going next. :)
last edited on May 6, 2019 10:54AM
Digital_Ink_Stories at 4:09PM, May 6, 2019
(offline)
GearDrag0n wrote:

Sorry for the slow reply on this one. Had to go somewhere immediately after typing the last one.

Overall, I really like this comic. The world is extremely interesting so far and VERY well introduced. The introduction feels natural, where it's simple enough for new readers to understand but still feels like the characters are just going on with their day-to-day lives. And the art is very good, having a style that's simple, yet unique. Heck, the artstyle is even consistent, which is something a lot of comics (My friend and I's included) struggle with sometimes. Even the comic's new artstyle manages to look much better than it originally did while still managing to keep the old 2017 one's feel.

I really don't have much criticism to give, honestly. Any criticisms I originally had were fixed as the comic went on, and overall, I feel the comic has a lot of potential. It's definitely drastically improved since the beginning, and even then, I still think it has much more room to grow. And I honestly wanna see how it ends, both writing-wise and art-wise. :3
DaniBoy at 4:12PM, May 6, 2019
(offline)
I wouldn't mind some feedback if you have the time.

Just a heads-up. My comic contains nudity, profanity, and dark subjects relating to mental health and abuse. If you're not comfortable reading through it I totally understand!

Link to Comic!
last edited on May 6, 2019 4:13PM
Digital_Ink_Stories at 8:14PM, May 6, 2019
(offline)
DaniBoy wrote:
I wouldn't mind some feedback if you have the time.

Just a heads-up. My comic contains nudity, profanity, and dark subjects relating to mental health and abuse. If you're not comfortable reading through it I totally understand!

Link to Comic!
Geez, this one is just… I'm not even sure where to start with it. I guess I'll start with the writing. The writing is amazing, and you've really done a great job with showing how messed up Apollo's life is. While in a few stories, it can be good to simply tell the reader through narration the things going on in the world (I'll use a page from BustyLaroo's comic as a good example of that), it can definitely help with the immersion experience of the comic when you SHOW the reader something. And on top of that, what you showed was something really relatable: Apollo is a young adult who doesn't wanna give up the carefree life of being a kid, and it seriously affects his life for the worst. And while I can't relate to every detail, a majority of them I can relate to, such as just wanting to live a carefree life. And the little details I can't relate to, I'm sure others can.

Alright, I've gushed about the writing enough, lol. Let's talk about the artstyle. While not my personal favorite artstyle, I have to say that it's still very good. It almost kinda reminds me of something you'd see from the 90's, which is an artstyle I really do love. One thing I noticed about the artstyle that I really like is the way you show nudity. You never really show it in a very lewd or sexual way (At least from what I saw, I'm writing this only after finishing Chap. 1). But instead, you just show it as something that's there. The only two reasons you ever really show it are to add humor (Chap. 1, Pg. 8) or to really emphasize how messed up Apollo's life can be (Chap. 1, Pg. 17).

Overall, this comic is just… wow…

I couldn't really think of any constructive criticism, but you said you wanted feedback, so I really tried to look for something, and… I couldn't, lol. I'm not far enough in to truly critique the writing (and the writing I did read so far is extremely good), and I can't find anything wrong with the artstyle (weird anatomy, coloring issues, etc). I'll edit this post or make a second reply if I think of constructive criticism another time, but so far, I LOVE this comic, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here…
last edited on May 6, 2019 8:16PM
SinJinsoku at 11:07PM, May 6, 2019
(offline)
Sin Jinsoku is manga that follows a martial arts prodigy as he challenges dangerous opponents to improve his skills. 4 chapters are currently available. https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Sin_Jinsoku/
last edited on May 6, 2019 11:08PM
GearDrag0n at 7:24AM, May 7, 2019
(offline)
Digital_Ink_Stories wrote:
GearDrag0n wrote:

Sorry for the slow reply on this one. Had to go somewhere immediately after typing the last one.

Overall, I really like this comic. The world is extremely interesting so far and VERY well introduced. The introduction feels natural, where it's simple enough for new readers to understand but still feels like the characters are just going on with their day-to-day lives. And the art is very good, having a style that's simple, yet unique. Heck, the artstyle is even consistent, which is something a lot of comics (My friend and I's included) struggle with sometimes. Even the comic's new artstyle manages to look much better than it originally did while still managing to keep the old 2017 one's feel.

I really don't have much criticism to give, honestly. Any criticisms I originally had were fixed as the comic went on, and overall, I feel the comic has a lot of potential. It's definitely drastically improved since the beginning, and even then, I still think it has much more room to grow. And I honestly wanna see how it ends, both writing-wise and art-wise. :3

Okay, thank you for taking the time to at it, I really appreciate your feed back.
ShaRose49 at 7:26AM, May 7, 2019
(offline)
Heya! My comic wasn’t very good artwise and the writing wasn’t that great either at first, but several critiques later, it’s gotten a lot better. I would love a critique or review from you! Just know that I’m aware of most of the mistakes in the first chapter already…so maybe you could focus more on the current chapter when it comes to constructive criticism.
Thanks!

The link should be in the signature
Digital_Ink_Stories at 4:02PM, May 7, 2019
(offline)
SinJinsoku wrote:
Sin Jinsoku is manga that follows a martial arts prodigy as he challenges dangerous opponents to improve his skills. 4 chapters are currently available. https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Sin_Jinsoku/
Starting with the writing, I feel like it's a really well-written story with good pacing, likable characters and good humor. Kazuya and Dane are my favorite characters so far, and I'm really interested in seeing where they end up as the story continues. I also like those occasional 4th wall breaks throughout the comic, which really add life to it imo. Looking at the artstyle now, I feel it's extremely well done. It really feels less like I'm reading someone's webcomic and more like I'm reading an official manga. My personal favorite part about the art are the cover pages for the chapters. I love each one, especially Chapter 3's. Something about the coloring on those cover pages is really aesthetically pleasing, too, although I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Overall, I think this is a really good webcomic. I did have a bit of advice though: I can't tell if it's just me or not, but I feel like some of the action scenes are a bit confusing. Not each one, but just a couple. For example, with Chap. 1, Pg. 5, I was able to tell what happened in the first three panels (Kazuya strikes Tao, and Tao blocks), but in the 4th panel, I was a bit confused. (I now know that it's Tao being blown back from the force of Kazuya's strike, but I didn't know that until I got to Pg. 6) So my advice is just to maybe make certain scenes like that a bit clearer to understand (Perhaps a side-view angle of the same shot on Pg. 5 would've made it a bit easier to understand, for example). But despite that, I really feel like this is a great webcomic with a great story and great art, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Digital_Ink_Stories at 5:30PM, May 7, 2019
(offline)
ShaRose49 wrote:
Heya! My comic wasn’t very good artwise and the writing wasn’t that great either at first, but several critiques later, it’s gotten a lot better. I would love a critique or review from you! Just know that I’m aware of most of the mistakes in the first chapter already…so maybe you could focus more on the current chapter when it comes to constructive criticism.
Thanks!

It's alright if you don't think the beginning was that good, lol. I think a lot of comics on here start out pretty flawed, but as time goes on, they end up greatly improving. :)

Alright, starting out with the writing, I gotta say that the writing is really well-done. You introduced the characters in a good way, showing exactly what they are and the powers they have. You even did a good job of worldbuilding, setting the scene with what type of world it is exactly (A world where mutants exist, but for the most part aren't tolerated). The artstyle also fits this comic very well, and really compliments the writing. I especially like the way you draw hair, drawing it in a very simple yet detailed way. I know it's not an element that should stand out, but it was still something I really liked, lol.

One thing I did wanna mention though is the subtle nuances that the characters have. Nuances can make characters feel truly real, and I really feel like you did a great job doing this on your characters. For example, Kairo. Kairo is my favorite character in the story so far, and you wrote him as a character who wants to get a job done, but at the same time, doesn't want to hurt others, which almost leads him to make a fatal mistake during a mission. And with Derek, you wrote him as a character who loves his children dearly, but it's because of that love for them that he keeps them locked up in the house their whole lives, feeling it's the best option to keep them safe. With Evan, you wrote him as a character who's life goal is just simply to live a quiet life, but Kat's life goal is in direct contrast with his. It's these subtle things, these slight nuances, that really make these characters feel real, and you did an excellent job handling that. If you want a bit of constructive criticism, though, the only thing I've really got to say is to maybe nuance Kat a bit more (She DOES feel real, but I just feel that she could show her character a bit more). But I really enjoy this comic so far, and I'll definitely keep following along with it as it continues. Keep it up! :3
Avart at 7:13PM, May 7, 2019
(offline)
This seems interesting!

My story is called The Gloom, a drama about vampires and it started a bit rushed (it was intended as a one-shot) but then I dediced to make it longer. Since chapter 4 I made the pace a bit slow and there are less action but drama will started to show off.

From chapter 1 to 5 it reads from right to left (manga-like) but since chapter 6 it reads as a Webtoon.

Also, funny thing is that I read Reviere before you started this thread (and asked you to be my friend LOL).

Hope you have fun with my comic ;)

You can read it here or click on the banner.
last edited on May 7, 2019 7:14PM
Digital_Ink_Stories at 8:55PM, May 8, 2019
(offline)
Avart wrote:
This seems interesting!

My story is called The Gloom, a drama about vampires and it started a bit rushed (it was intended as a one-shot) but then I dediced to make it longer. Since chapter 4 I made the pace a bit slow and there are less action but drama will started to show off.

From chapter 1 to 5 it reads from right to left (manga-like) but since chapter 6 it reads as a Webtoon.

Also, funny thing is that I read Reviere before you started this thread (and asked you to be my friend LOL).

Hope you have fun with my comic ;)

You can read it here or click on the banner.
I actually noticed you sent a friend request, lol. I accepted it a couple days ago. Also, I'm glad you read the story! Whatcha think of it so far?

Alright, I'll focus on your story now, lol. I had actually glanced at it before you posted it on the thread, but I never got the chance to actually read very much of it before now. I will say that the writing is really good, and I'm really glad you put a synopsis after each chapter of the story so far. The beginning was really confusing (in a good way, of course, since I can tell having it be confusing was your intention), so having an explanation of what exactly happened was a really nice touch! Personally, I'll admit that I was never a huge fan of vampire manga, but this one is really interesting to me. I can't really tell if it's because of the sense of mystery hanging around the comic or if it's something else, but the comic really makes me wanna read more.

Moving on to the artstyle, I… honestly have no words. Did you draw all this on your own? Because it literally looks exactly like an official manga. I honestly have no words for how much that amazes me…

Overall, I gotta say I enjoy this comic. I don't even like vampire manga, and yet I really like this comic! And from an objective standpoint, I feel that it's a well-written, EXTREMELY well-drawn comic that really shows the effort put behind it, and I feel it has a really bright future ahead of it. I can't even give any constructive criticisms, honestly. Just keep up the hard work, Avart.

Also, the occasional fanservice is an A+. :)
last edited on May 8, 2019 8:57PM
Avart at 9:36PM, May 8, 2019
(offline)
Thank you so much for the review!

I use a variety of mixed media to make the comic (photos, 3D backgrounds and characters models) and I started making it traditionally, you know, on paper, then scan it and then add the tones and dialogues. But it takes a lot of time. Now it's fully digital (but it takes a lot of time too LOL) and I can save a lot of money in materials ;)

I'm glad you like it even if you aren't into vampire manga, so I appreciate your time reading my story.

Again, THANK YOU!
ShaRose49 at 7:32AM, May 16, 2019
(offline)
Digital_Ink_Stories wrote:
ShaRose49 wrote:
Thanks!

It's alright if you don't think the beginning was that good, lol. I think a lot of comics on here start out pretty flawed, but as time goes on, they end up greatly improving. :)

Alright, starting out with the writing, I gotta say that the writing is really well-done. You introduced the characters in a good way, showing exactly what they are and the powers they have. You even did a good job of worldbuilding, setting the scene with what type of world it is exactly (A world where mutants exist, but for the most part aren't tolerated). The artstyle also fits this comic very well, and really compliments the writing. I especially like the way you draw hair, drawing it in a very simple yet detailed way. I know it's not an element that should stand out, but it was still something I really liked, lol.

One thing I did wanna mention though is the subtle nuances that the characters have. Nuances can make characters feel truly real, and I really feel like you did a great job doing this on your characters. For example, Kairo. Kairo is my favorite character in the story so far, and you wrote him as a character who wants to get a job done, but at the same time, doesn't want to hurt others, which almost leads him to make a fatal mistake during a mission. And with Derek, you wrote him as a character who loves his children dearly, but it's because of that love for them that he keeps them locked up in the house their whole lives, feeling it's the best option to keep them safe. With Evan, you wrote him as a character who's life goal is just simply to live a quiet life, but Kat's life goal is in direct contrast with his. It's these subtle things, these slight nuances, that really make these characters feel real, and you did an excellent job handling that. If you want a bit of constructive criticism, though, the only thing I've really got to say is to maybe nuance Kat a bit more (She DOES feel real, but I just feel that she could show her character a bit more). But I really enjoy this comic so far, and I'll definitely keep following along with it as it continues. Keep it up! :3

Wow! Thank you so much! This was really encouraging and informative! I hope I can do a better Job with Kat—and I’m glad you think I got the nuances right!
CobraClutch84 at 8:46PM, May 30, 2019
(offline)
My Comic is called Addicted to Pollen!! Check it out!!

The phrase “Addicted to Pollen” is my way of saying I love to stop and smell the flowers. It's just that sometimes they stink, or have thorns. But I do it anyway. And when I say flowers I mean women. Addicted to Pollen is about a guy with somewhat of a sex addiction who struggles to stay true to his sometimes mean, but faithful wife, Amaryllis. Sometimes the best flowers are the bouquet you have at home, and not the flowers that grow wild on the side of the road. https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Addicted_To_Pollen/ I update twice a week, but may upload more. Check it out!
Digital_Ink_Stories at 5:31PM, July 27, 2019
(offline)
CobraClutch84 wrote:
My Comic is called Addicted to Pollen!! Check it out!!

The phrase “Addicted to Pollen” is my way of saying I love to stop and smell the flowers. It's just that sometimes they stink, or have thorns. But I do it anyway. And when I say flowers I mean women. Addicted to Pollen is about a guy with somewhat of a sex addiction who struggles to stay true to his sometimes mean, but faithful wife, Amaryllis. Sometimes the best flowers are the bouquet you have at home, and not the flowers that grow wild on the side of the road. https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Addicted_To_Pollen/ I update twice a week, but may upload more. Check it out!

Ah geez, it's been a while since I've been on TheDuck, so I forgot about this thread.

Sadly, I can't rate this one. It's rated M, and I knew it was a bad idea to set the account to my friend and I's actual ages, lol. But I'm sure it's a good comic! The way you described it is actually really neat, and I'd definitely give it a read if I could.

(I may or may not make a secondary account to check it out, lol.)
caliway at 10:21AM, Aug. 19, 2019
(offline)
Thank you so much for doing this and for thinking about ways to spread the word!
My comic is “Electricity is Her Element” and its a psychedelic space opera about dragons from Jupiter, drawn entirely in markers.
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Electricity_Is_Her_Element/

Digital_Ink_Stories at 9:53AM, Sept. 1, 2019
(offline)
caliway wrote:
Thank you so much for doing this and for thinking about ways to spread the word!
My comic is “Electricity is Her Element” and its a psychedelic space opera about dragons from Jupiter, drawn entirely in markers.
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Electricity_Is_Her_Element/

ONLY in markers?? This is one of the most aesthetically beautiful comics I've ever seen on here… I'm jealous. xD

Starting with the story, I really like it! I like the way you talk about the storms and silence, and even the art style supports that (The Storm Lords aren't part of the “stillness” or “silence”, so they have a much busier art style, while the planet that they said is almost completely still and silent has the opposite style). I also enjoy the way you introduce the setting, going immediately into the problem instead of building up to it (not that building up to it is a bad thing ofc, but it's neat to see something different with that).

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this comic goes next! I don't really have much constructive criticism to give, so all I can really say is to keep up the good work! ^^

luchanortena at 10:48PM, Sept. 4, 2019
(offline)
Your comic is so cute! The story is very easy to read and get into. And It gets me into a world that's new to me.

Ok, here is mine!

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/NPWA1_Andy_Noble_vs_Walter__the__Thug/
Digital_Ink_Stories at 10:55AM, Sept. 6, 2019
(offline)
luchanortena wrote:
Your comic is so cute! The story is very easy to read and get into. And It gets me into a world that's new to me.

Ok, here is mine!

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/NPWA1_Andy_Noble_vs_Walter__the__Thug/
Thank you! And I really enjoy what you did with your comic! The use of old-school action figures in creative ways combined with the aesthetic of the dialogue/narration boxes really made it feel like I was reading an official old comic. I can tell you had that style in mind when you were drawing it, and you ended up nailing it. It's a story with a message it wants to give, and I think it conveys the message well. Overall, I really do like this comic!

A bit of constructive criticism though is that I feel it can get unnecessarily wordy sometimes. I'll use pages 10-12 in your comic as an example of this. It starts as a trash-talking standoff between Andy and Walter, which is a good thing to include, but it goes on for 3 whole pages. That's much longer than it needs to be, when really, you only needed the first two dialogue bubbles of the whole interaction (“You're so dead!”, and “You don't scare me”). Everything else is either unnecessary or something we've already heard before.

I actually got a book recently called Creating Characters, and in it, there's a full chapter dedicated to writing effective dialogue. I'll quote directly from pages 76-77 of the book:

Dialogue is one of the fiction elements you can use to propel your plot forward and integrate your theme into each scene. The way you do this is to set your characters up in an animated discussion that does any one of a number of things: provides new information to the characters about the conflict, reveals new obstacles that the viewpoint character must overcome to achieve his goal, creates the kind of dynamic between the characters that furthers the story's theme, introduces a pivotal moment in the plot that transforms the character(s), sets up the discussion so the character (and reader) are reminded of his scene and story goals, and/or accelerates the emotion and story movement to increase the suspense and make the situation more urgent for the characters.

Yes, this sounds like a tall order – how can you possibly use dialogue to do all of this, and in every single scene? It's not that difficult once you become aware of all the purposes of dialogue and keep reminding yourself that your dialogue scenes must accomplish something and keep the story moving.

What's the criterion for dialogue that moves a plot forward? How do you know whether your dialogue is or isn't propelling the story forward? Ask yourself the following questions to find out:

•If I remove the passage of dialogue that I'm suspecting isn't moving the story, will it be missed? Does the story work just as well without it?
•Does the dialogue cause the exclusion of the other important scene elements, like story movement?
•How does the dialogue passage further the story's theme?
•How does the passage of dialogue increase the suspense for what's to come, raising the stakes for the protagonist?
•How does the dialogue make it clearer what the protagonist wants in the story?
•What kind of external and internal obstacles does the passage of dialogue surface for the protagonist?
•What new information about the plot and theme does the dialogue reveal?
•How is the dialogue pivotal in changing the characters – making them more desperate for what they want, causing them to give up, bringing them to a place of new determination?
I really recommend reading that, but I know it's long. If you skipped over it, I'll sum it up: Dialogue must always accomplish something. No exceptions. This can be furthering the plot, affecting character relationships, or a wide number of other things. But when the dialogue doesn't accomplish anything, that's when it becomes unnecessary. Quoting from the final line of Page 89 of the same book:

If you ever find yourself creating dialogue that fails in this purpose, you'll just have to throw it out later, no matter how creative, clever, funny, or brilliant.
last edited on Sept. 6, 2019 11:00AM
Bonny at 12:07PM, Sept. 6, 2019
(offline)
I uploaded the last page of the first chapter of my webcomic today and I'd love it if you review it.
Here's the link to my webcomic
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/The_Hood/
The Hood Forum

Digital_Ink_Stories at 1:56PM, Sept. 7, 2019
(offline)
Bonny wrote:
I uploaded the last page of the first chapter of my webcomic today and I'd love it if you review it.
Here's the link to my webcomic
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/The_Hood/
I remember looking at this one in my free time back when it was only on Page 1, lol. Reading it now, it went a really different direction than what I originally expected, but I actually like the direction it went more than what I originally thought!

I honestly don't have much criticism for it, if any. All stories are flawed, of course, but this one doesn't have any glaring flaws that I feel I should comment on. So I'll focus on the things I like about it, starting with The Hood himself.

On Page 10, when Hood calls out Afroz's gun, I couldn't help but sigh a bit. “Great, another flawless, badass superhero…”, I thought to myself. And I held onto that thought for a bit until you did something with Hood that actually really surprised me, and even got me hooked to his character. It started on Page 14, when you have Shankar on the ground, pleading with Hood not to hurt him because he was only following orders. Now, if Hood was truly a “flawless hero” character like I initially thought, he would've stopped there.

But he didn't. He knocks Shankar out despite his pleading, and then you move on to when the beggars are thanking him for what he did. He just pushes them to the side, saying for them to stay out of his way, and that he's not their savior. You wrote him as an anti-hero who's only out for personal gain, but doesn't care what he has to do to achieve that personal gain.

And that's what got me hooked.

Nobody likes a flawless character. But taking a character who only seems flawless at first and showing more of his flaws, doubts, insecurities, and other downsides as the story continues is a great way of doing it. And that's exactly what you're doing with The Hood. So keep this story up! I'm really interested in seeing what you do with this story (and especially Hood's character) from here…
Bonny at 10:43AM, Sept. 9, 2019
(offline)
Thanks for the review. I am on short break now, but I promise when I return next month I'd try to do better, up the action, the suspense and the intrigue. Also i'd try to do better with my art as well.
The Hood Forum

Dal dean at 6:04PM, Sept. 19, 2019
(offline)
If you would look at mine i would be chuffed! it is called the merge!
your a good man/woman.
its about the imaginary world invading earth
BNT at 2:08PM, Sept. 20, 2019
(offline)
It'd be great if I could get my satirical fan comic, Comic Book SNAFU.
Read here.
The main idea is to derive comedy by bouncing characters from different genres and creators against each other, while still telling an engaging story.
last edited on Sept. 20, 2019 2:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon