Comic Talk and General Discussion *

That Batman Comics Thread
jamesbowers at 12:38AM, June 8, 2019
(offline)
Okay, here's a thread for a discussion all Batman comic books.

If you have anything to say about current Batman comics, old Batman comics, or any OGNs or TPBs, let your voice be heard here! Naturally, you're going to get some spoilers, so be aware!
BearinOz at 5:54AM, June 8, 2019
(online)
jamesbowers wrote:
Okay, here's a thread for a discussion all Batman comic books.

If you have anything to say about current Batman comics, old Batman comics, or any OGNs or TPBs, let your voice be heard here! Naturally, you're going to get some spoilers, so be aware!

I know Bob Kane was the absolute worst-ever Batman illustrator ! B-)
Abt_Nihil at 8:03AM, June 11, 2019
(offline)
Okay: I was completely floored by Peter Tomasi's Batman & Robin series. Until a few weeks ago, I hadn't touched any Batman comics since Morrison's run, because I really didn't like what Morrison did, and didn't like Damien-Robin by extension. Then I started reading Snyder's and Capullo's run, and two Tomasi-issues were part of the “Death of the Family” crossover, and I was instantly floored. It made me buy the giant Batman&Robin by Tomasi omnibus edition.
last edited on June 11, 2019 8:05AM
Bumpkin Skateboards at 8:53AM, June 11, 2019
(offline)
I mainly kept up with GLC but also read Batman through the time traveling Caveman Batman, Colonial Batman…etc…I stopped at the New 52 with Batman Inc. - I pretty much dropped out of consistently buying books then as they seemed too closely intertwined and was taking a lot of $$$ just to keep up with Flashpoint

Genejoke at 2:06PM, June 11, 2019
(online)
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Okay: I was completely floored by Peter Tomasi's Batman & Robin series. Until a few weeks ago, I hadn't touched any Batman comics since Morrison's run, because I really didn't like what Morrison did, and didn't like Damien-Robin by extension. Then I started reading Snyder's and Capullo's run, and two Tomasi-issues were part of the “Death of the Family” crossover, and I was instantly floored. It made me buy the giant Batman&Robin by Tomasi omnibus edition.

I too hated Morrisons work on batman and have done the same as you very recently. It's a very fine run, indeed.
Abt_Nihil at 6:31AM, June 14, 2019
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
I too hated Morrisons work on batman and have done the same as you very recently. It's a very fine run, indeed.

Woot! Great minds read comics alike!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon