Comic Talk and General Discussion *

This website's rankings and analytics
awsome owl 98 at 12:22AM, June 11, 2019
(offline)
So I stumbled across this website called similarweb.com where you can look up info on websites. Here's the link to their info on this website: https://www.similarweb.com/website/theduckwebcomics.com
Some interesting discoveries from this:
1.) I didn't realize how popular Drunk Duck is! It regularly gets 200,000 or more views a month at least for the past few months.

2.) A majority of traffic towards Drunk Duck is direct which if I'm understanding it right means most people get to here because they already know of its existence rather than finding it by browsing search results and such. I guess this signifies we could maybe be doing a better job of making the duck show up under things like Google searches for “comics” but I don't really know how that stuff works.

There's plenty of other info so check it out!

There was also some stuff that made me kind of sad like the fact that 15.23% of referral traffic to DrunkDuck is from the Bad Webcomics Wiki. Oh well.
bravo1102 at 5:48AM, June 11, 2019
(offline)
A lot of referral from Bad Comics wiki is for one particular comic that is kind of infamous over there.
Ozoneocean at 6:18PM, June 11, 2019
(online)
awsome owl 98 wrote:
So I stumbled across this website called similarweb.com where you can look up info on websites. Here's the link to their info on this website: https://www.similarweb.com/website/theduckwebcomics.com
Some interesting discoveries from this:
1.) I didn't realize how popular Drunk Duck is! It regularly gets 200,000 or more views a month at least for the past few months.

2.) A majority of traffic towards Drunk Duck is direct which if I'm understanding it right means most people get to here because they already know of its existence rather than finding it by browsing search results and such. I guess this signifies we could maybe be doing a better job of making the duck show up under things like Google searches for “comics” but I don't really know how that stuff works.

There's plenty of other info so check it out!

There was also some stuff that made me kind of sad like the fact that 15.23% of referral traffic to DrunkDuck is from the Bad Webcomics Wiki. Oh well.
Looks interesting!!!! I'll have to give that look when I have more time :D
BearinOz at 6:51AM, June 12, 2019
(online)
SO I went there for a dekko - surprised to see Fury had twice the traffic for the month…but then maybe not, as I was more surprised at how quiet the forums are here, since coming back.
Ozoneocean at 8:10AM, June 12, 2019
(online)
BearinOz wrote:
SO I went there for a dekko - surprised to see Fury had twice the traffic for the month…but then maybe not, as I was more surprised at how quiet the forums are here, since coming back.
Yes, since the entire site was deleted and offline for a month or so before I could get control and get it all back and restored a few years ago, that really totally killed us.

Plus, having our main URL fuck up (drunkduck) and not restored for 6 months was the final nail in the coffin.

I'm really shocked how far we've come to get back :D
200,000 a month is brilliant coming from zero. That's fantastic!

In the old days we'd probably get that in a day though.
I really have to start advertising the site.
BearinOz at 7:25AM, June 14, 2019
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Yes, since the entire site was deleted and offline for a month or so before I could get control and get it all back and restored a few years ago, that really totally killed us.

Plus, having our main URL fuck up (drunkduck) and not restored for 6 months was the final nail in the coffin.

I got really disheartened, when it “died” so many times, then Lazarus'd over and over. Then no stats, no comments, so then Fury became my ‘main’ site. It always seemed a bit more ‘juvenile’ over there, somehow though . I didn't realise things got that bad here though !
bravo1102 at 9:51AM, June 14, 2019
(offline)
BearinOz wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:

I got really disheartened, when it “died” so many times, then Lazarus'd over and over. Then no stats, no comments, so then Fury became my ‘main’ site. It always seemed a bit more ‘juvenile’ over there, somehow though . I didn't realise things got that bad here though !

It's come this far, it can go all the way.

Have faith.
rickrudge at 11:51PM, Nov. 8, 2019
(offline)
One thing that I liked about Fury was that they would show you how many hits your comics got. You could actually see views in the following day, which meant that Australia/Asia was checking them out. I got banned from Fury because I was private messaging my subscribers about new comix that I was posting. They didn’t like that. So, maybe they were a little too involved in their web site.

— Rick Rudge
El Cid at 5:28AM, Nov. 9, 2019
(online)
You can view your pageviews here under the ‘Stats’ tab at the top of your comic's Edit page.
Ironscarf at 5:16AM, Nov. 11, 2019
(offline)
rickrudge wrote:
One thing that I liked about Fury was that they would show you how many hits your comics got. You could actually see views in the following day, which meant that Australia/Asia was checking them out. I got banned from Fury because I was private messaging my subscribers about new comix that I was posting. They didn’t like that. So, maybe they were a little too involved in their web site.

— Rick Rudge

I always say if you're tired of being banned from that site, you're tired of life. Quite a few of us have been, so welcome to the club!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon