Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Reccommend me a manga but badly
bluecuts34 at 6:13AM, July 6, 2019
(offline)
posts: 47
joined: 5-28-2019
Looking to read some manga on a long trip outback, so if you've got some favourites rec them to me! But badly. Give me the worst pitch of your fave.

I'm a voracious reader and will read anything (unless it's got sexual assault in it thx that's not my scene).
Abt_Nihil at 5:33AM, July 9, 2019
(offline)
posts: 1,464
joined: 8-7-2007
Umm… how about Tsutomu Nihei's BLAME? It's a long, slow, tedious series about silent hiking in drab, run-down world, like a never-ending Soviet bloc architecture lesson.

But eh, it's still one of the greatest manga I've ever read :)
last edited on July 9, 2019 5:34AM
ShaRose49 at 1:45PM, July 14, 2019
(offline)
posts: 32
joined: 2-3-2019
Try Battle Angel Alita. It’s hideously grotesque violence and sad, depressing world are not what I like about it though. XD
bluecuts34 at 8:41PM, July 20, 2019
(offline)
posts: 47
joined: 5-28-2019
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Umm… how about Tsutomu Nihei's BLAME? It's a long, slow, tedious series about silent hiking in drab, run-down world, like a never-ending Soviet bloc architecture lesson.

But eh, it's still one of the greatest manga I've ever read :)

Honestly a never ending architecture lesson is totally my jam. I'm looking forward to this!
bluecuts34 at 8:41PM, July 20, 2019
(offline)
posts: 47
joined: 5-28-2019
ShaRose49 wrote:
Try Battle Angel Alita. It’s hideously grotesque violence and sad, depressing world are not what I like about it though. XD

It's on my list, I keep meaning to read it because it sounds amazing!
Abt_Nihil at 6:00AM, July 22, 2019
(offline)
posts: 1,464
joined: 8-7-2007
bluecuts34 wrote:
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Umm… how about Tsutomu Nihei's BLAME? It's a long, slow, tedious series about silent hiking in drab, run-down world, like a never-ending Soviet bloc architecture lesson.

But eh, it's still one of the greatest manga I've ever read :)

Honestly a never ending architecture lesson is totally my jam. I'm looking forward to this!
I hope my bad recommendation didn't promise too much! :D
Tantz_Aerine at 3:37PM, July 22, 2019
(online)
posts: 1,917
joined: 10-11-2006
How about Naoki Urasawa's Monster? It's about a depressed surgeon that goes on a road trip feeling sorry for himself, moping and letting himself go for most of the series, and a serial killer that owes him one.
 
Abt_Nihil at 1:44AM, July 23, 2019
(offline)
posts: 1,464
joined: 8-7-2007
Seconding Tantz. In fact, EVERYTHING by Naoki Urasawa is terrible, because it will make you feel entirely artistically inadequate ;)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon