Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Happy 2020! General Discussion Thread
Ozoneocean at 12:29AM, July 24, 2020
(online)
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
14 years for me! Kinda neat.

We really really need to cosplay Indiana Jones together! Two Indies
Next time we're in Athens together, deal?
Tantz_Aerine at 3:16AM, July 24, 2020
(online)
Hah! deal indeed!
Ozoneocean at 4:53AM, July 24, 2020
(online)
Awesome! We were born for that 😁
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:35PM, July 24, 2020
(online)
I am old enough to jam out to Giorgio Moroder’s soundtrack for the movie, Electric Dreams, because I was alive when that movie first came out and it is part of my memories from childhood. 😆😆😆
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Luna34 at 8:20PM, July 25, 2020
(offline)
Hi,

I'm new here because I'm going to make a new comic book series!
Ozoneocean at 10:21PM, July 25, 2020
(online)
Good on you Luna. I'll be watching for it :)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
I am old enough to jam out to Giorgio Moroder’s soundtrack for the movie, Electric Dreams, because I was alive when that movie first came out and it is part of my memories from childhood. 😆😆😆
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE1lzqJCeJ0
Love that.
Kou the Mad at 10:23PM, July 25, 2020
(online)
Suikoden creator is gonna launch a Kickstarter on the 27t for a Suikoden Spiritual Successor and I am currently losing my damn mind over it.

Edit: Here it is.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabbitandbearstudios/eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=eiyuden%20chronicle
last edited on July 31, 2020 1:09AM
Genejoke at 3:31AM, Aug. 12, 2020
(online)
Oh god the heat! Hot weather and the UK don't mix. I've not been able to do anything creative recently because I can't stop melting. Normal service will resume when the temperature gets down to pasty white guy tolerance levels.
Avart at 9:35AM, Aug. 12, 2020
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
Oh god the heat! Hot weather and the UK don't mix. I've not been able to do anything creative recently because I can't stop melting. Normal service will resume when the temperature gets down to pasty white guy tolerance levels.

I'm aware that in UK the wheater is kinda cold and cloudy, I love that. But here in my city (Monterrey, Mexico) temperature ranges are from 86 - 113 °F (30 - 45 °C). Extremely hot :(
bravo1102 at 9:58AM, Aug. 12, 2020
(offline)
Avart wrote:
Genejoke wrote:

I'm aware that in UK the wheater is kinda cold and cloudy, I love that. But here in my city (Monterrey, Mexico) temperature ranges are from 86 - 113 °F (30 - 45 °C). Extremely hot :(

The UK is currently experiencing a heat wave. Eighty-six °F is very hot for summer there. It is normal in NJ and with 60% humidity but it's unusual for the UK.

The AC in my workshop is still out so I'm just not inclined to work on the comic. Early mornings is the best time but last weekend I got stuck on costume choices and a figure falling to pieces because the heat had made the plastic brittle.
kawaiidaigakusei at 2:40PM, Aug. 12, 2020
(online)
@Genejoke @Avart

Send some of that hot climate this way, Southern California has been ridiculously cold the last few months. I have been having to shut all windows, wear sweaters, and heavy coats and it is August, which is supposed to be the hottest month of Summer!! 🥶😫🥵
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 7:22PM, Aug. 12, 2020
(online)
It's cool here right now! Today the minimum was 8C and the max will be 16C!

Brrr…
I just rug up in pyjamas and my vintage dressing gown when I'm home and watch my big TV and draw :)
I'm rewatching all the episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. So good :D

Before I just caught up with the episodes I missed out on, now I've rewatched all the episodes up to then and now I'm also rewatching the new ones. It's quite a brilliant show. Banes introduced me to it…
All the characters are so pathetic and nasty but also loveable.
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:14AM, Aug. 13, 2020
(online)
@Oz—-I was just watching Season 13 of IASIP because they did not release them until recently. Soooo good.

“Birds of War”, “The Nightman Cometh”, all the push and pull between the waitress and Charlie, the people under the bridge Frank hangs out with, every single episode with Cricket, and then the episode where Dennis and Dee go on Welfare because they are tired of working at the Pub. Ah, so good.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
usedbooks at 2:17PM, Aug. 13, 2020
(online)
I caught a chest cold and was planning to take a couple days off to recover. Called in sick, and my boss told me to stay home for two weeks. So, that's the state of things. :P It's either administrative leave or paid sick leave, but still a downer.

Too crappy feeling to work on my comic today. But I guess I have more time on my hands. (I frikkin hate it. I already spend over half the year unemployed. At least I have an income.)
Ozoneocean at 1:56AM, Aug. 14, 2020
(online)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
@Oz—-I was just watching Season 13 of IASIP because they did not release them until recently. Soooo good.

“Birds of War”, “The Nightman Cometh”, all the push and pull between the waitress and Charlie, the people under the bridge Frank hangs out with, every single episode with Cricket, and then the episode where Dennis and Dee go on Welfare because they are tired of working at the Pub. Ah, so good.
So many amazing episodes! They tackle subjects like abortion, racisim, homophobia, and gun control so cleverly. Never preachy.

I loved the episode where they all go skiing and it turns into one of those 1980s sex comedies XD
The guest star was in two of those films! The other two guest stars were also big in silly comedy films too.
Tantz_Aerine at 5:14AM, Aug. 14, 2020
(online)
Got banned from twitter a couple of days ago for a sarcastic tweet that intended to criticize a really malicious prank on a poor woman who thought she was going to die (the prank was that the pilot had fainted and the chopper they were in was dropping).

The bummer is that because I appealed the suspension, instead of the 12 hours of inability to RT and like etc, I am now locked out completely from twitter until my appeal is processed. OR, I can delete the tweet, get the ‘this tweet violated rules’ tag and be allowed back in. And I won't do that damn it, not for something like this. So if I'm not active on twitter from my account @TantzAerine, this is why.

Unfortunately I'm not popular enough for people to spam twitter to unlock me. I kinda want to rant so excuse my ranting, everyone is being allowed to be toxic and turn twitter into a cesspool, but my tweet about the pranker needing a punch in the face “just for laughs” so he can see how it is, is the one that offends it effing rules. Augh.

Rant over, carry on please.
Avart at 7:12AM, Aug. 14, 2020
(offline)
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
Got banned from twitter a couple of days ago for a sarcastic tweet that intended to criticize a really malicious prank on a poor woman who thought she was going to die (the prank was that the pilot had fainted and the chopper they were in was dropping).

The bummer is that because I appealed the suspension, instead of the 12 hours of inability to RT and like etc, I am now locked out completely from twitter until my appeal is processed. OR, I can delete the tweet, get the ‘this tweet violated rules’ tag and be allowed back in. And I won't do that damn it, not for something like this. So if I'm not active on twitter from my account @TantzAerine, this is why.

Unfortunately I'm not popular enough for people to spam twitter to unlock me. I kinda want to rant so excuse my ranting, everyone is being allowed to be toxic and turn twitter into a cesspool, but my tweet about the pranker needing a punch in the face “just for laughs” so he can see how it is, is the one that offends it effing rules. Augh.

I hope they unlock you soon @Tantz. I'm not a twitter/FB user but I have friends who experienced similar situations. I mean, you aren't offending anyone, you just share your opinion and it's not like everybody have to agree with it, but get banned is too much IMO. That ‘political correctness’ thing is killing our freedom of expression :(
Genejoke at 8:38AM, Aug. 14, 2020
(online)
Avart wrote:
Genejoke wrote:

It's weird here, it's part humidity, part because buildings are designed with cold weather in mind. When I'm over in Spain it won't be until it hits 45 degrees before I feel like it does here at 32 degrees.
bravo1102 at 8:51AM, Aug. 14, 2020
(offline)
Tantz_Aerine wrote:

Still flying under the radar myself. But a lot of times someone has to report it. So I pick my words carefully.

Be surprised what you can say replying to parody accounts as long as you couch it in Orwellian terminology.
usedbooks at 7:46PM, Aug. 16, 2020
(online)
I am under house arrest (isolation orders from work) for at least ten more days. I thought I'd get some stuff done. Very disappointed in my lack of progress on my webcomic considering I just had four extra days to work on it.

I ordered grocery delivery from Walmart just in case I am an inexplicable ball of infection.
kawaiidaigakusei at 8:03PM, Aug. 16, 2020
(online)
usedbooks wrote:
I am under house arrest (isolation orders from work) for at least ten more days. I thought I'd get some stuff done. Very disappointed in my lack of progress on my webcomic considering I just had four extra days to work on it.

I ordered grocery delivery from Walmart just in case I am an inexplicable ball of infection.

Having to stay home (especially this year) can be incredibly draining. It is more than just a physical drain, the fear and stigma of catching a cold can be psychologically draining as well.

It is good to have a pile of blankets on hand in case you feel cold, it is also good to have an assortment of beverages and foods that can either cool you down or warm you up.

The good thing is that you are posting on the forums, which gives you something to direct your attention on.

(It is only ten more days)
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 6:29AM, Aug. 17, 2020
(online)
I'm finding my glasses awkward to wear and do things so I've ordered a prescription monocle to see if that solves my issues. :/

I don't need glasses for close up things, they're just to make mid distance stuff clearer… Which means things like TV watching or reading stuff in the distance. But that's difficult with glasses because I like to draw or look at my phone when I watch TV so I have to constantly take them off, and walking is a pain because they distort things that are close to me.

I reason that it might be easier with a monocle because it'll be just hanging around my neck for when I need it and I can still see things close and far away at the same time XD

Might be a stupid idea, but the thing is that I'm really ok with a certain level of blur and only need help when I specifically want to read text in the distance.
usedbooks at 7:05AM, Aug. 17, 2020
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
I'm finding my glasses awkward to wear and do things so I've ordered a prescription monocle to see if that solves my issues. :/

I don't need glasses for close up things, they're just to make mid distance stuff clearer… Which means things like TV watching or reading stuff in the distance. But that's difficult with glasses because I like to draw or look at my phone when I watch TV so I have to constantly take them off, and walking is a pain because they distort things that are close to me.

I reason that it might be easier with a monocle because it'll be just hanging around my neck for when I need it and I can still see things close and far away at the same time XD

Might be a stupid idea, but the thing is that I'm really ok with a certain level of blur and only need help when I specifically want to read text in the distance.

Might work well for you. Instead of bifocals, my mom wore two different prescription contact lenses, and that worked well for her. (I can't imagine it myself. I've worn bifocals since I was 19.)
Ozoneocean at 7:22PM, Aug. 17, 2020
(online)
Thanks, I think I might look cool… or like a huge dork. No one can say XD

———————–

HEY! You know those dumb online quizzes you take to see which character in a TV show you are? Well I did one of those for Farscape (I love that show) and got Chiana, the blue/white alien. I posted about it in the little Farscape group I'm in on Facebook and I got a heart react from Gigi Egely, THE ACTOR WHO PLAYS HER XD

I know it's a small thing, but I still fanned out a bit over that ^_^
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:18PM, Aug. 17, 2020
(online)
Wow!! Nice one, Oz. 🤩 It is SO cool that Chiana’s actress is present on the Farscape facebook group. That is pretty uplifting and is really cool for the fans.

===

I have been going over virtual training for the virtual transition to work, but I have just learned that I will need to report in-person, starting tomorrow!!!

I spritzed my whole room with lavender room spray and I will put some more lavender essential oil on my wrists. I have watched several videos on how to stay hopeful and positive when returning to work in this Wild, Wild West of new structure. I was not expecting in-person reporting was going to happen this soon, but I hope the traffic is going to be much friendlier to navigate. 🤞😷🧼🦠👍
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 10:25PM, Aug. 17, 2020
(online)
Good luck Kawaii! 😁
Wear a mask or three and glasses and wash your hands!

Haha, reminds me of years ago when I was working from home doing healthcare admin and we all had to go in for a meeting… I could the flu of off a co-worker and got incredibly sick from that one meeting. XD
Only time I was more I'll was chickenpox at 19.

So stay safe!
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:38AM, Aug. 18, 2020
(online)
I normally wear double 😷 face masks while driving and I can count how many times I have left my residence on one hand since March 13th, 2020—Not including walks around the neighborhood. I used to wear double and triple masks whenever I rode public transportation around the time of H1N1 (Swine Flu) and SARS (Avian Flu) during 2009-2010. If anything, I am now dealing with possible stressors that are oddly similar to agoraphobia and generalized anxiety disorder that both did not exist before lock down.

I am going in even though I had told myself I was going to wait out the Fall, but one thing about my work is that it is an infinite source of happiness for me and it tends to keep all other external stressors in my life at bay. It is because I derive a simple sense of purpose from going in, helping out and doing my part, which I think will help ease the other areas of my life that I have no control over.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 7:56PM, Aug. 18, 2020
(online)
@Bravo,you're not the only Willoughby into tanks in the US it seems 😅
bravo1102 at 12:56AM, Aug. 19, 2020
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Bravo,you're not the only Willoughby into tanks in the US it seems 😅

That's my older brother. 😊
Ozoneocean at 6:22PM, Aug. 19, 2020
(online)
Whoa!