Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What Would Happen in the Events in Your Comic Happened?
MegaRdaniels at 1:27PM, Jan. 31, 2020
(online)
I've just been binge watching on this man's YouTube Channel where he discusses a lot of stuff on the possibilities on how our world would have been different if certain events in history had happened. Like:

1. What if Winston Churchill was never elected?
2. What if Ancient Egypt never fell.
3. What of the Roman Empire never fell.
4. What if the Golden Circle emerged?

All these and more.

So I was wondering on the same thing here.

What if the events in your comic happened? what would be the repercussions? How will society and cultures change?
usedbooks at 3:05PM, Jan. 31, 2020
(online)
Seems like this would have more weight for superhero/fantasy/ global stakes stories. Used Books really affects only the characters involved with some criminal conspiracies within the city. Tbh, I've been reading up on true crime lately and nothing I have made up comes anywhere close to comparing to real events, many of them mostly just dark memories for victims' families and communities. Events like Used Books could be and probably are happening time and again. But also, my true crime research is helping me step up my villain game. Lol. I wouldn't want to personally run into any UB baddies, but I still think they are WAY less scary than real life ones.

My other project Strange Creatures (slow going but I am still working on it) is more in the fantasy/sci-fi realm. That said, there's no magic and nothing particularly world-changing in it. I love that a reader suggested this was a true story that I changed names for. XD (This story has spanned over 20 years of my life, so, while fiction, it has a lot of me in it and it is a nostalgic setting.) The story contains a rather large cryptid, a government agency, a journalist, and a few sciencey people, but the events are concentrated to the cast and community. At least at this point in the story, there would be no repercussions on the world as a whole. It's tucked away in a tiny town in WV. No one looks at WV. Except mothman enthusiasts, which is sort of my cast. Lol. (In real life, practically every year, there's some colossal fire or a freeze that leaves thousands without electricity for weeks, and national news doesn't even give it a footnote.)

I guess I prefer writing personal type stories rather than global-reaching ones.
bravo1102 at 3:03AM, Feb. 1, 2020
(offline)
Most of my stories are the kind of stuff you hear about on Coast to Coast AM or read about in some self published book on the “hidden” history.

So how can you sure they're not happening in the real world?

That's half the hype about many of Belle's movies. They really did happen but it's a hidden part of life that's not in the newspapers let alone CNN.
Tantz_Aerine at 4:03AM, Feb. 1, 2020
(online)
Ehm… what happened in RL for Without Moonlight can be found on Wikipedia…

However, I have had to remove or limit some characters, so that history would not actually end up being rewritten.
The doodler at 5:19PM, Feb. 9, 2020
(offline)
Well, Second Crimean War is literally an alternate history comic. :P So…well, not much outside of Ukraine so far. I haven't seen too many alternate history webcomics, come to think of it.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon