Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What is Your 2020 Stay-At-Home Music Playlist?
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:18AM, Aug. 9, 2020
(online)
I am an audiophile and entire soundtracks enter into my life and slowly weave their way in to a time period or a decade, making it easy to revisit that time of my life at a later date. This year has been nuts 🥜 and while I try my best to make sense of it all 🤯 , I have been trying my best to tip-toe around anything I know will send me down a stress-ridden spiral.

As a response, I have been playing the piano more and listening to calming music to keep my sanity at bay. I have this goal to emerge out of this mess more like Samwise Gamgee and less like Frodo Baggins.

Without any further ado, here is my Summer 2020 Music Playlist to get me through quarantine:

I am curious to know yours. 🙂🙃🙂
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
bravo1102 at 5:32AM, Aug. 9, 2020
(offline)
There's a local jazz station that is part of NPR. 88.3 WBGO the jazz source. They play all the greats from Aretha to Winston Marsalis. Heard some Cab Calloway last week.

Jazz is timeless.

And there's the blues break at 2pm for the last hour of work. Best release ever for what ails you, just gimme some blues.
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:06AM, Aug. 9, 2020
(online)
Jazz is timeless @bravo1102, I enjoy “Vanity” by Sarah Vaughn, Duke Ellington’s piano, and even much younger jazz musicians today like Jon Batiste.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Niccea at 11:33AM, Aug. 9, 2020
(offline)
For some reason I decided to go back to the safety of my childhood. I modified my usual Pandora station to include Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, and Spice Girls.
kawaiidaigakusei at 11:39AM, Aug. 9, 2020
(online)
Yes!! @Niccea, I was definitely playing a lot of Third Eye Blind, Counting Crows, Semisonic, and even Len-Steal My Sunshine, a few weeks ago to cope.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Furwerk studio at 11:11AM, Aug. 10, 2020
(offline)
Basically it's the entire Time Life collection, like from Styx and Chicago to Firefall and Air Supply plus some J-metal and Horror movie soundtracks.

I have to wear headphones to try to block out the neighbor's gangsta rap… From blocks away..
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:46PM, Aug. 10, 2020
(online)
Solid, @Furwerk Studio !! You have just described my father’s Classic Rock LP collection, which I enjoy dusting off and playing whenever I want to get a taste of life in the ‘70s.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Avart at 8:21PM, Aug. 10, 2020
(offline)
Impressive playlist @kawaii, I recently went through my music files and found some special songs from my teenager times (and not so teenager)

-Radiohead (it's a must)
-Stone Temple Pilots
-Aerosmith
-Duran Duran
-The Cure
-Goo Goo Dolls
-Pearl Jam
-Coldplay
-Dido
-James
-Travis
-Starsailor
-The Smiths
-Peter Gabriel
-Oasis
-The Cardigans
-Seal
-Filter
-Crowded House
-Tears for Fears
-Foreigner

Plus I found some music that my friends can't understand (they think I was crazy XD) from bands like Deftones and Korn.

Also, my favorite band's music is still there (a defunct band from Argentina, Soda Stereo), I still keep some tapes from them ;)

Have a good day!

Ozoneocean at 9:07PM, Aug. 10, 2020
(online)
@Avart- Very 80s :D
@Kawaii I don't know any of those!

The first 10 tracks on my current randomised playlist:

Tender - Blur
Mozart: Piano concerto No 21 in C, K.467-2. Andante - Jan Lisiecki
Child Then - Slapp Happy
In the evening - Led Zeppelin
Cloudbursting - Kate Bush
The Ink - Gunwallace
Another girl's Paradise - Tori Amos
Kaoru & Sentaro Duo in a Bunkasai medley - Yoko Kano
Ventilator blues - the Rolling Stones
Crossing the Stiles - Gryphon.
kawaiidaigakusei at 2:29AM, Aug. 11, 2020
(online)
Avart wrote:
Impressive playlist @kawaii, I recently went through my music files and found some special songs from my teenager times (and not so teenager)

-Radiohead (it's a must)
-Stone Temple Pilots
-Aerosmith
-Duran Duran
-The Cure
-Goo Goo Dolls
-Pearl Jam
-Coldplay
-Dido
-James
-Travis
-Starsailor
-The Smiths
-Peter Gabriel
-Oasis
-The Cardigans
-Seal
-Filter
-Crowded House
-Tears for Fears
-Foreigner

Plus I found some music that my friends can't understand (they think I was crazy XD) from bands like Deftones and Korn.

Also, my favorite band's music is still there (a defunct band from Argentina, Soda Stereo), I still keep some tapes from them ;)

Have a good day!

Wow, @Avart! So many of these artists are from my 2000-2004 music playlist that helped me get through the turbulent times of high school.

Radiohead—I recently could not get on a video chat call one night because the ethereal tracks of OK Computer’s “Let Down” put me in a trance.

Goo Goo Dolls—The entire album of Dizzy Up the Girl was an album where I could honestly say I loved every single track.

Coldplay—The tracks “Yellow”, “The Scientist”, “Swallowed in the Sea”, “See You Soon”, and “Sparks” (oh. my. god.) It is like falling in love and dying of heartbreak all at the same time. I still play Chris Martin’s music on the piano whenever I get the chance.

Dido—Thank goodness for Eminem’s Stan Song as I was able to hear Dido for the first time. White Flag was on my playlist during senior year of high school.

The Smiths—landed on my playlist after “500 Days of Summer”.

Peter Gabriel—will always be on my playlist because of the movie Say Anything and the bittersweet longing for a real-life Lloyd Dobbler.

Oasis—“Wonderwall”, “Some Might Say”, “She’s Electric”, and “Don’t Look Back in Anger” pretty much summed up 1997 for me.

The Cardigans—“Lovefool” came out around the time as Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo and Juliet in 1996, and I loved it whenever it came on the radio.

Absolutely well-thought out, very relatable, and comprehensive playlist. I feel like I just took a very pleasant trip down memory lane. Thank you for sharing @Avart!! 😄😄😄
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on Sept. 1, 2022 9:09PM
kawaiidaigakusei at 2:33AM, Aug. 11, 2020
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Avart- Very 80s :D
@Kawaii I don't know any of those!

The first 10 tracks on my current randomised playlist:

Tender - Blur
Mozart: Piano concerto No 21 in C, K.467-2. Andante - Jan Lisiecki
Child Then - Slapp Happy
In the evening - Led Zeppelin
Cloudbursting - Kate Bush
The Ink - Gunwallace
Another girl's Paradise - Tori Amos
Kaoru & Sentaro Duo in a Bunkasai medley - Yoko Kano
Ventilator blues - the Rolling Stones
Crossing the Stiles - Gryphon.

Your playlist is Super Eclectic @Oz! It goes from Classical to Classic Rock to originals by Gunwallace (!!) to Alternative (Tori Amos) to J-Pop (?) and back to Classic Rock.

I have Led Zeppelin’s II vinyl album in my room and have played it a few times in quarantine. 😁
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Genejoke at 4:43PM, Aug. 17, 2020
(online)
It's been so very mixed, diving to and fro through my tastes throughout my life.

The Transplants - We trusted You
Muse - Pressure
Tony Wright - Rockaboogie Merchant
Korn - Got the life
Terrorvision - Pretend best friend
The Wonder Stuff - Good night though
The Toadies - Beside You
Slipknot - Unsainted
Clint Mansell - Death is the road to awe
Beethoven - Moonlight sonata
Marilyn Manson - Leave a scar
Suzanne Vega - Toms diner
PWEI - Menofearthereaper
Apes pigs and spacemen - Fragments
Stabbing westward - I don't believe
Moist - Silver
Reef - Come back brighter
Therapy? - Callow

kawaiidaigakusei at 8:28PM, Aug. 18, 2020
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
It's been so very mixed, diving to and fro through my tastes throughout my life.

The Transplants - We trusted You
Muse - Pressure
Tony Wright - Rockaboogie Merchant
Korn - Got the life
Terrorvision - Pretend best friend
The Wonder Stuff - Good night though
The Toadies - Beside You
Slipknot - Unsainted
Clint Mansell - Death is the road to awe
Beethoven - Moonlight sonata
Marilyn Manson - Leave a scar
Suzanne Vega - Toms diner
PWEI - Menofearthereaper
Apes pigs and spacemen - Fragments
Stabbing westward - I don't believe
Moist - Silver
Reef - Come back brighter
Therapy? - Callow

Wow! @Genejoke, your playlist is super diverse. The part that has the most range is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata to Marilyn Manson to Suzanne Vega. That song “Tom’s Diner” was made popular by the movie “Untamed Heart” in the early 1990s and it made working in a diner seem like a fun and calm time.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Genejoke at 11:46AM, Aug. 19, 2020
(online)
Indeed, I'm showing my she with Tom's diner, the do do do do do do sticks on your head. I remember when it was on the charts 😬
My tastes mainly lead to guitar based rock and some electronica, but I like to mix it up. Sometimes you can't beat some classical, or film/game scores.
JediAnn Solo at 5:15PM, Aug. 19, 2020
(offline)
I've been listening to a LOT of Postmodern Jukebox lately and in turn, I've fallen down the jazz and Rat Pack rabbit hole. I am slowly going back to soundscapes, though. Music tends to get me off my seat if it's inspiring enough. :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon