Tips and Tricks/Support *

comic page sizes
hushicho at 6:20PM, April 9, 2021
(offline)
Hi there!

A lot depends on how your artist will want to work on a page. If you're intending to have the pages printed, you may want to consult with your printers, to see what dimensions they prefer to have for printing. You'll probably want to reduce those dimensions, though, for posting online.

If you have a Mac, use Automator to resize images. If you don't, there are probably other programs you can use. You will want to optimize the images, so that they are smaller, but if they're too pixelated, you may be adjusting the quality of the output too low. There are other possible issues, such as resizing it to an incompatible aspect ratio, which can affect the pixelated look.

Let me know a bit more if you could, and I'll try to help. I'm sure there are others here that can help too!
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
Avart at 10:54PM, April 9, 2021
(offline)
Hi!

As Hushicho said, it depends on what kind of format you want/need.

For webcomic here on The Duck the size is 960px wide and up to 30,000px long. For viewing your page in a phone, I recommend 800px x 1280px. I save my files as .jpeg at 300dpi and they are under 500kb.

It's best to work on a big size but convert the file to a smaller one, like for example, 1600px x 2560px and convert the file to 800x1280, so it won't lose detail and still look good.

SunkMunki at 9:47AM, April 10, 2021
(offline)
thanks all..Michael John Morris was kind enough to help and I think I have it all figured out and my first book is finally up and looks good!
hushicho at 3:44PM, April 10, 2021
(offline)
Glad to hear it's working out! And thanks very much for the much more helpful post, Avart! Glad to see the matter could be worked out so well and so easily.
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon