Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Ignoring media limitations (or the lack of there of)
Furwerk studio at 3:25PM, Oct. 3, 2021
(offline)
Okay, here's something brought up by Alison Pegler of Movie nights when she was looking at the comic continuation of Charmed, the fact the creators seemingly have a mind set they are still writing for the show with a special effect budget, a very limited one at that, actors with egos and filming and it shows within the comic itself. It seems to be a thing with a lot of tv show based comics, is they tend to ignore the fact you can do anything in a comic without having to worry about those kind of things and you can do practically a lot of things.

On the opposite side is on Bloody-disgusting when they were reporting on Konami releasing a massive music collection of Castlevania there was a poster going on and on about they demand a live action version of the show, and I mean they were demanding it. Kind of ignoring the fact it would not work at all, the monsters have to be cgi and would had to be trimmed down a lot, the action would be very stiff, there would be a ton of talking, and let's be honest it would look goofy and very blue to cover the obvious cheapness for the budget. It is something that greatly annoys me, and just seems to have this “I'm an adult, take me seriously” sound to it.

I'm sorry but I am bias for animation and honestly I feel like live action is just inferior for adapting things like video games, comics and some books. But that's just me.

What do you think of the subject? Where creators tend to ignore the limits and possibilities of a medium.
Ozoneocean at 7:28PM, Oct. 4, 2021
(online)
I don't know about the rest but he Charmed thing seems sensible actually: people are used to the feel and look of the show so why not replicate that in a comic?
Sure in a comic you could show the characters doing amazing magic and creating giant dragons and going to magical lands or whatever, but that wouldn't really be the same show, would it?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon