Networking & Community Projects*

Secret Santa 2021 Gift Art!
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:06AM, Dec. 1, 2021
(online)
Please spread the joy and post your Secret Santa gift art on this thread!!

Comments filled with Kindness and Appreciation are very welcome here. 🙂
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Andreas_Helixfinger at 1:32AM, Dec. 4, 2021
(offline)

So! Here's my Secret Santa gift for our beloved Lothar. There weren't any specifications given so I decided to go for something remiscent of Lothar's personality as a comic creator. Something that felt random, rude and really colorful. And this became the result of that process.

Hope you find it to your liking Lothar, and have a happy holiday🎅🎅🎅
usedbooks at 11:28AM, Dec. 4, 2021
(online)
UnderTheBlackHat got stuck with me for the second year in a row. Anywho, Merry Christmas! I hope you like it.

Link to full size.

kawaiidaigakusei at 10:44PM, Dec. 4, 2021
(online)
@Andreas_Helixfinger

This piece is rather Rad and Incredible! 🤩

@usedbooks

Baking cookies is such a delight. What are the chances that you were randomly sorted two years in a row by the generator. UnderTheBlackHat now has a lovely two part series! 😁
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Andreas_Helixfinger at 11:44PM, Dec. 4, 2021
(offline)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
@Andreas_Helixfinger

This piece is rather Rad and Incredible! 🤩

Thank you Kawaii, that glads me to hear^^ I had a good time drawing it using my new technique^^
UnderTheBlackHat at 3:25PM, Dec. 5, 2021
(offline)
usedbooks wrote:
UnderTheBlackHat got stuck with me for the second year in a row. Anywho, Merry Christmas! I hope you like it.

Link to full size.

UsedBooks! Oh my, thank you so much, and as Kawaii said, we now have a series going, seems the powers that be think you're a good match for us. Perhaps it's because both our comics seem to have certain ‘types’ that match up?

Either way, thank you so much we LOVE IT!! It's going right next to last years as a way of showing that obviously, everyone made friends on that first outing huh!

Thank you again and may your holidays be grand, loving and full of warmth and smiles!
usedbooks at 3:38PM, Dec. 5, 2021
(online)
UsedBooks! Oh my, thank you so much, and as Kawaii said, we now have a series going, seems the powers that be think you're a good match for us. Perhaps it's because both our comics seem to have certain ‘types’ that match up?

Either way, thank you so much we LOVE IT!! It's going right next to last years as a way of showing that obviously, everyone made friends on that first outing huh!

Thank you again and may your holidays be grand, loving and full of warmth and smiles!

I'm glad you like it. :) Your ladies are cute and fun to draw.

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
@usedbooks

Baking cookies is such a delight. What are the chances that you were randomly sorted two years in a row by the generator. UnderTheBlackHat now has a lovely two part series! 😁
Thanks, kawaii! Brainstorming holiday traditions, I remembered the one my sister and I started and continue every year. We bake cookies together via facetime because she lives in Australia. (Scheduling is a bear because of holiday events and a twelve hour time difference, but we always manage.)
hushicho at 4:33PM, Dec. 5, 2021
(offline)
Last week was a rough week, and I was going through a lot of creative frustration, a bit of a block creatively, and anxiety levels were at a really high peak. And I thought I might not even be able to do the Secret Santa, but I put my foot down and decided by damn, I am going to do one of the things that gives me the most joy in a year!

I'm really grateful to nightmarelunatic for doing such a charming but challenging comic that feels honest and really profoundly resonated with me. I've been going through some of the same challenges and difficulties, and it made me feel at first uncomfortable – because it was outside of my comfort zone and I didn't think I was ready to deal with it and get through it – and then much better, because it was just what I needed to get to a better place.

That said, I wasn't able to do the request exactly as requested, but I was hit by powerful inspiration and I hope this will make you smile and laugh as much as it did me. I swear, it's intended in a comedic tone! I hope I have managed to convey something that will make you giggle as much as it made me laugh even while I was working on it.

Have a wonderful, happy holiday season, everyone. I hope you'll all find what you need.

Incidentally, nightmarelunatic, if you'd like a slightly larger png version of the file, just let me know and I can email it to you! Hopefully you'll enjoy it!
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
Andreas_Helixfinger at 6:56AM, Dec. 6, 2021
(offline)
@hushicho
This is one really neat-looking piece, Huchicho. The coloring choice of the foreground and coloring of the background outside of the window, combined with the title written on the book and the surprised expression on the characters face, gives this scene this really balanced atmosphere of both cozy and excitingly ominous. It's a really fitting atmosphere for a classic murder mystery drama. I love looking at it🙂
last edited on Dec. 6, 2021 7:47AM
sleeping_gorilla at 1:45PM, Dec. 6, 2021
(offline)
Hey, would you guys mind if I added these to the Halloween Fashion Show comic? It was featured and is still getting some views.

Or I could start a separate Secret Santa comic.

“No” is also a good answer.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 7:08PM, Dec. 6, 2021
(offline)
sleeping_gorilla wrote:
Hey, would you guys mind if I added these to the Halloween Fashion Show comic? It was featured and is still getting some views.

I'm cool with it. Don't know about the others.
theRedDeath at 9:39PM, Dec. 6, 2021
(online)
This is my Secret Santa gift for sleeping_gorilla, of their character Chyler in a Christmas-themed outfit.

last edited on Dec. 6, 2021 11:19PM
cdmalcolm1 at 3:04PM, Dec. 8, 2021
(online)
Here is my gift to theRedDeath. I hope you like it. Merry Christmas, theRedDeath.

Awesome Secret Santa pictures Ducks! You all are fast. I wish I had that speed to move art that quick.
cdmalcolm1 at 4:05PM, Dec. 8, 2021
(online)
sleeping_gorilla wrote:

You can use mine for your comic if you want. T’is the season…
usedbooks at 7:12PM, Dec. 8, 2021
(online)
sleeping_gorilla wrote:

I'd say go for it. In previous years sometimes someone took initiative to collect the pics into a comic. It's nice to have them archived like that.
theRedDeath at 7:36PM, Dec. 8, 2021
(online)
cdmalcolm1 wrote:
Here is my gift to theRedDeath. I hope you like it. Merry Christmas, theRedDeath.

Awesome Secret Santa pictures Ducks! You all are fast. I wish I had that speed to move art that quick.

Great picture, thanks!
UnderTheBlackHat at 9:57AM, Dec. 11, 2021
(offline)
TO: CDMALCOLM1

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

And since one of us wanted snow falling… Here it is again with snow!

Sorry we had to take a couple of liberties with costumes and such.
Also, we had a big discussion about (of all things) SNOW… so that's why there are two versions.

There are of course, FULL RESOLUTION versions of both images, but they are so big we'd probably have to email them to you.
last edited on Dec. 11, 2021 10:01AM
cdmalcolm1 at 5:30AM, Dec. 13, 2021
(online)
UnderTheBlackHat wrote:
TO: CDMALCOLM1

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

And since one of us wanted snow falling… Here it is again with snow!

Sorry we had to take a couple of liberties with costumes and such.
Also, we had a big discussion about (of all things) SNOW… so that's why there are two versions.

There are of course, FULL RESOLUTION versions of both images, but they are so big we'd probably have to email them to you.

Oh wow! I’m loving it, LOVING IT!! I don’t know how you put this together so fast. (I have such a hard time trying to 3D model SolarCell and DarkBeauty. Nowhere near like this.) Plus you made two versions? Thank you so much. I hope you don’t mind me using this as fan art for my comic. (PS: when you said “We”, it was a team effort? what was the debate about the snow? Still freaking awesome. Sorry just curious.)
cdmalcolm1 at 5:37AM, Dec. 13, 2021
(online)
usedbooks wrote:
sleeping_gorilla wrote:

I'd say go for it. In previous years sometimes someone took initiative to collect the pics into a comic. It's nice to have them archived like that.

Speaking of archiving. How come no one has put any of these on a publish page on the Duck? I mean, I know it’s a gift but It would show the rest of the ducks the wonderful gifts we have giving each other and maybe join next years. Just a thought.
UnderTheBlackHat at 2:54PM, Dec. 13, 2021
(offline)
Oh wow! I’m loving it, LOVING IT!! I don’t know how you put this together so fast. (I have such a hard time trying to 3D model SolarCell and DarkBeauty. Nowhere near like this.) Plus you made two versions? Thank you so much. I hope you don’t mind me using this as fan art for my comic. (PS: when you said “We”, it was a team effort? what was the debate about the snow? Still freaking awesome. Sorry just curious.)

PQ Sent!
sleeping_gorilla at 8:42PM, Dec. 13, 2021
(offline)
@thereddeath Thank you so much! She looks great. I cleared it with management and opened up a new DD page for this event.

2021 Secret Santa
last edited on Dec. 13, 2021 10:10PM
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:43AM, Dec. 14, 2021
(online)
Awesome job, sleeping_gorilla!! The page design and layout look great. Thank you for the impressive initiative.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
UnderTheBlackHat at 2:42PM, Dec. 14, 2021
(offline)
@Sleeping_Gorilla,

Do you need full res versions of the art or are you just capturing what we put up here?

Since we feel the art belongs to the persons gifted, we give you permission to use our gift for your page!

And, yeah, it looks kinda cool… a good place to highlight the art!
last edited on Dec. 14, 2021 2:43PM
nightmarelunatic at 3:24PM, Dec. 15, 2021
(online)
I got @Andreas_Helixfinger for my secret santa!

Hope you like it :)

last edited on Dec. 15, 2021 3:25PM
Andreas_Helixfinger at 7:27PM, Dec. 15, 2021
(offline)
@nightmarelunatic - It's Christmas roarin' and I love it:) Much thanks and happy holidays to you, nightmarelunatic:)
sleeping_gorilla at 2:09AM, Dec. 21, 2021
(offline)
I'm Secret Santa for Tantz this year. She wanted art for Martha and Fotis, so here they are coming out of the TARDIS for no reason.

last edited on Dec. 21, 2021 2:14AM
Tantz_Aerine at 6:13AM, Dec. 22, 2021
(online)
sleeping_gorilla wrote:
I'm Secret Santa for Tantz this year. She wanted art for Martha and Fotis, so here they are coming out of the TARDIS for no reason.

Thank you very much! This is great! :D They'd appreciate the TARDIS in their situation I think. Merry Christmas and/or happy holidays!
last edited on Dec. 22, 2021 6:14AM
kawaiidaigakusei at 4:34PM, Dec. 24, 2021
(online)
Here is a secret, secret Santa gift art for davidxolukoga, who draws the comic Origin. David respectfully reached out with a PQ inquiring how to get involved in the Secret Secret action.

The Request:

The protagonist of my comic Danny Kholes (Swoosh), posing with Santa

The Gift:

Happy Holidays, Davidxolukoga!
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
lothar at 7:36PM, Dec. 24, 2021
(offline)

Merry Xmas to USED BOOKS

I tried to make it rvelent to your comic

I just finish drawing this and its Christmas morning now

EDIT - go ahead and post this to the Halloween thing if it's worthy
last edited on Dec. 24, 2021 8:31PM
lothar at 8:29PM, Dec. 24, 2021
(offline)
Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:

So! Here's my Secret Santa gift for our beloved Lothar. There weren't any specifications given so I decided to go for something remiscent of Lothar's personality as a comic creator. Something that felt random, rude and really colorful. And this became the result of that process.

Hope you find it to your liking Lothar, and have a happy holiday🎅🎅🎅

SO RAD !!!!!!!
I knew you were my secret santa ! hahahahahahahah!
and to reffered to as “BELOVED” realy warms my cold black heart

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon