Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Being the Akira Tsuburaya of webcomics, and owning it.
Furwerk studio at 8:34PM, March 18, 2022
(offline)
Who?

I will be honest, I know I'm not “the best. Honestly I indulge in my kinks too much and I tend to write by the seat of my pants, ignore tvtropes, tend to feed the egdelord in me, so on, so on and so on. I know I will become some kind of boogeyman, the joke of ”worst of the worst“ of the medium.

And I love every minute of it.

Inspired by the disastrous news and saying, ”I might be bad, but at least I'm not bland".
Andreas_Helixfinger at 10:32PM, March 18, 2022
(offline)
Well, I mean it is kind of a relief in that, isn't it? Admitting to yourself that you'll never by like any of the good ones, means you're not getting in your own way anymore. You're not competing with anyone anymore. You're not trying to emulate someone elses success anymore or trying so hard to not end up on any critics bad list anymore.

You rid yourself of your pretenses and embrace your creative voice as it truly is. I actually find it more liberating the more I think about it. I'm not a good creator. Never have been and probably never will be. And that's fine. I still love what I do. I'm not ignorant of my flaws.

I know my inking is absolutely atrocious, with all of these shakey, sprawly, hastily drawn lines. I know my shade- and -lightwork is off. I know my color schemes are akward. That there are still little spots of color missing in some places and that some color still ends up outside the lines. I'm not a very good artist. I certainly won't do any comission work with what I do. Forget it.

And I know I have this corny way of trying to merry my horny side with my ruminating side in the comics. Trying to merry serious storytelling with a bunch of weird, silly nonsense. I know I've kept changing things in my writing, I think I've gone back and changed things in the text of Molly Lusc a dozen times by now. I do believe I've finally managed to quit that though and it also goes hand in hand with this realization.

To heck with it! Call me bad. Call my creations absolutely terrible. I still love it all and I don't care if other people do too, or if they absolutely hate it, or if they just don't care.

last edited on March 19, 2022 2:46AM
bravo1102 at 4:42AM, March 21, 2022
(offline)
Doing the best I can with the materials I possess for over twelve years–

The difficult is no problem, the impossible just takes a little longer. So any indefinite hiatus will end – eventually.

Do what you love and love what you do.

It's not that bad, in fact it's worse than that but it's ALL mine. 🤣

You want innovation and originality? I have all that covered but with it you gotta take the bad and just plain “wtf” weird.
last edited on March 21, 2022 4:45AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon