Tips and Tricks/Support *

(Bug Report) Ghoooost comments...
Amelius at 7:47AM, Oct. 13, 2022
(offline)
I know it's spooky season right now but this has been an ongoing issue for me and perhaps others. I get on, I see 2 comments in my notifs, am eager for feedback but I get there and: One comment. I have been bamboozled, day ruined!

Now, I am wondering– is this manifesting from deleted comments? Sometimes my mouse double-clicks things (it's broken) and leaves two comments and I have to delete one. And thank goodness it does let me delete in those cases, but I cringe to think I'm leaving ghost comments on other folk's notifications too. DX

I have to “mark all as read” to remove the notification (such a tease) and once it even was displaying that I had -1 comments until someone left an actual one.

Not a high-priority bug or anything, but it would be nice if deleted comments were cleared from the notifications as part of their deletion.

Also, I don't think it's replies to other commenter's comments as far as I'm aware– it doesn't register replies beyond the first, kinda wish it would. I can reply to a comment in the middle of a thousands-page archive and they will see my reply but I don't see their reply back if there's a 3rd post in the convo.
Ozoneocean at 8:18AM, Oct. 13, 2022
(online)
Yup that'll be deleted comments, maybe from a double post or maybe from a spammer- I don't know.
Thanks for pointing this out! I'll keep it in mind as we get around to fixing things. The same happens with friend requests too.
J_Scarbrough at 8:33AM, Oct. 13, 2022
(offline)
I've also experienced this on occasion, but I had chalked it up to maybe I had forgotten to mark comments/replies as read, since it appears that's something we have to do manually, rather than the system doing it automatically after they've been read.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
Amelius at 9:10AM, Oct. 13, 2022
(offline)
Thanks for confirming my suspicion Oz! My mouse owes some comics an apology haha, it double-posts a lot here.

When I briefly had my own site, there were things you could do to mitigate spamming and one of those was timing on the submit form.

Did a little research and confirmed it first, locking the submit form button after it's been activated/is processing the first request may prevent the double-posts. Found a how-to on it. :)

Just an interesting look into the cause, I'm by no means an expert and trust our guy Alexey knows what he's doing when it comes to this better than I do!
Ozoneocean at 12:44AM, Oct. 14, 2022
(online)
Thankyou, I'll let him know about that, he might find it helpful
Ozoneocean at 8:48PM, Nov. 29, 2022
(online)
Alexey took time away from working on the site update to fix this issue for us. I hope it's fixed things ^_^

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon