Tips and Tricks/Support *

Time skipping without a chapter break
GeekyGami at 3:34PM, Dec. 12, 2022
(offline)
I am at a loss.
I've hit a point in my comic where I have to express a skip in time to another important event, because there is nothing particularly important happening in-between, but I'm not certain how I would convey that in a way that isn't cheesy, or wouldn't take away from the event.

I want to avoid using a “5 days later” type of thing, and naturally reach that event, without necessarily doing what's in between.

I cannot do the end of the episode there, because the next “episode” would end up being a few pages long, and would need to be broken for the chapter after.

How would I go about effectively skipping to another event from that point forth?

If I can do so without conveying a specific amount of time as having passed, that would also be ideal to avoid plot holes further down the line.

Anybody got a clue?

… Sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum for that.
last edited on Dec. 12, 2022 3:35PM
ThatDarnFoxCreations at 10:31AM, Dec. 13, 2022
(offline)
Is it long enough for a seasonal change?

If not, you'll have to just put it in naturally during a conversation between characters.

Some of the best comics still use “One Week Later”, that's how comics, especially with long story arcs, work.
GeekyGami at 3:39PM, Dec. 16, 2022
(offline)
ThatDarnFoxCreations wrote:
Is it long enough for a seasonal change?

If not, you'll have to just put it in naturally during a conversation between characters.

Some of the best comics still use “One Week Later”, that's how comics, especially with long story arcs, work.

Yeah I'll try that.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon