Comic Talk and General Discussion *

So what are you guys cookin´?
Andreas_Helixfinger at 10:51AM, Feb. 24, 2024
(offline)

Thought that I'd make this thread about cooking stuff, beacuse why not^^ I tried making Sushi tonight, for the very first time. Standard recepie for the rice. Sushi rice that is washed, soaked and boiled and seasoned with rice vinegar mixed with sugar. I used cucumber, avocado and crab sticks as center flling and rolled it all in three sheets of nori seaweed and cut each roll into six pieces as you see here. First roll I botched, but the second (the one you see on the pic) and the third was okay. Had chinese soya (because its cheaper then the japanese one) and pickled ginger to go with it. Tasted like what you'd get in a sushi joint, so I'm overall pleased with the result.

So what are you guys cookin', if you happen to be cookin'?:)
last edited on Feb. 24, 2024 11:14AM
lothar at 2:20AM, Feb. 25, 2024
(offline)
Nice!
Ozoneocean at 11:18PM, Feb. 25, 2024
(online)
Well done man!

The other day I made a tasty savory pie with capsicum, zucchini, haloomi cheese and cabbage and gravy. Had to cook up all that separately.
I had never made pastry from scratch before but it turned out perfectly so I was happy :)

I had a quick look up of the proportions of the ingredients for it rather than a recipe. Recipes typically contain a lot of useless rubbish and silly myths (“leave it in the fridge for a few hours the relax the gluten” was one of the moronic things that crapped up for pastry). All I needed was what ingredients and how much compared other stuff.
Anyway, the pastry was absolutely perfect. :)
Andreas_Helixfinger at 4:05AM, Feb. 26, 2024
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
Well done man!

The other day I made a tasty savory pie with capsicum, zucchini, haloomi cheese and cabbage and gravy. Had to cook up all that separately.
I had never made pastry from scratch before but it turned out perfectly so I was happy :)

I had a quick look up of the proportions of the ingredients for it rather than a recipe. Recipes typically contain a lot of useless rubbish and silly myths (“leave it in the fridge for a few hours the relax the gluten” was one of the moronic things that crapped up for pastry). All I needed was what ingredients and how much compared other stuff.
Anyway, the pastry was absolutely perfect. :)

Awesome cookin' there, Oz! And yeah, recipes out there do have a tendency of overcomplicating things when most cookin' is as simple and basic as they come as long as you just have all the necessary ingredients and kitchen tools.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon