Oct 18, 2011
oz is the expert on this one, which focuses on advice about designing a comic website which makes your comic look good and is easy to navigate, as well as some advice about logos and branding. skool has her own opinions as well!
Topics and Show Notes
DD24Hour 2011 - http://www.drunkduck.com/DD24hour_2011/
/>Riggs Hell - http://www.drunkduck.com/Riggs_Hell/
- Make your comic look good, give it priority
- Presentational decisions (visible page, flash viewers)
- Menus, site content and extras
- What to do with fan art
- Navigation advice
- Comments and sharing
- Newsposts and blogs
- Brief mention of auto-update options
- Customization, icons, colors, fonts
- Unified theme
- Usability, fewer clicks, viewer restrictions
- Planning for ads
- Logos, header images, titles, imagery, fonts
- Distinctiveness and scalability
- Branding and identity
- Style guidelines and templates
- Consistent navigation and usability
We mentioned the archive page for Dead Winter: http://deadwinter.cc/
/>We also mentioned Lackadaisy Cat's webpage: http://lackadaisycats.com/
Oct 11, 2011
Zac rejoins oz and skool this week for a fun and enlightening talk about cosplay! Together oz and zac have a good bit of experience on the subject (skool's a bit ignorant) and they cover the range from what it is and how to do it, to how webcomicers in particular might benefit.
Feb 1, 2011
Oz and skool discuss their first disagreement on a feature, cementing skool's image as "the evil one". They then get into a lengthy discussion about the loosely related topics of filler, fan art, and artist/writer's block.
Jan 18, 2011
This podcast is Part 2 of Episode 11, where the interview with guests Amelius and Evil Emperor Nick (of Charby the Vampirate and Cwen's Quest) continues! Lots of discussion about writing and influences in this half as well as some good advice.