Jul 19, 2011
ozoneocean and skoolmunkee talk about color in this more conversational QuackCast. What it is, ways you can use it, what interests them about it... so a little bit of shop talk, but hopefully something there of interest to listeners!
Topics and Show Notes
Note: We had to use the backup Skype recording for this QuackCast, so apologies for any reduced sound quality.
There were no features this week due to the site changeover.
- What is it? Types of light and properties of objects
- What can color do for a comic?
- What can you do WITH colors?
- Things people could do to improve their coloring
- Is there a wrong way to use color?
- oz and skool's favorite ways to use color (and the problems they have too)
- Some bits of color theory here and there
- Some technical tips sprinkled throughout
- Even people who hate coloring can color
- Good examples, bad examples, unexpected examples
- Homework assignments!
About.com “Color Tips” in Art and Design - http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/color/Color_Tips_Color_Theory_Learn_About_Color.htm
colourlovers - http://www.colourlovers.com/
Jun 14, 2011
This week skool and oz review some common debates in webcomics, the ones there are no right answers for, and go over some of the pros and cons of each side. Our points may be old-hat to some, but everyone's got an opinion on these and they're worth thinking about!
Feb 15, 2011
Part 1 of another extra-long podcast, all about advertising and external promotion. Get noticed!
Feb 8, 2011
Special virtual-guest VegaX (who increases the podcast's accent diversity) of the Comic Review forum joins skool and oz to talk about the topic of comic reviews and critiques, both giving and receiving.
Jan 25, 2011
skool and oz fall back into habit with a rough beginning, lots of feature discussion, and talking too long about the weekly subject with no clear outcome. But it's still good!
Jan 18, 2011
This podcast is Part 2 of Episode 11, where the interview with guests Amelius and Evil Emperor Nick (of Charby the Vampirate and Cwen's Quest) continues! Lots of discussion about writing and influences in this half as well as some good advice.